“Excellent all round”

Ranked #76 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
“Excellent all round”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay Ramada Vancouver downtown. From as soon as I walked through the doors the customer service was better than many of the five star venues I've been. On arrival my room was upgraded, they informed me that there was a nightclub near by that I may hear it if I am a light sleeper, but they would gladly relocate me if it turned Into a problem which I didn't hear anything. The beds where comfortable, the linen was basically brand new. The heater in the room works very well. free wifi, warm shower. Very clean.

I just want to thank the Ramada Hotel for the high level of customer service and care.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Danistyles85
Rajiv S, Director of Sales at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel

We appreciate your comments and are happy that we were able to upgrade you away from the noise possible in some of our lower floor rooms. Our ownership group takes great pride in the hotel and continually upgrades and improves the guest experience as you found with our in-room amenities.

We look forward to serving you again on a future trip through Vancouver

Ramada Vancouver Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
North York
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Wonderful Hotel to stay in the heart of Downtown Vancouver .Very lively at nights so many restaurants around. I really enjoyed my two weeks vacation. Excellent staff and service. I would go back there again If I ever if I go back to Vancouver.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and are happy that you had a great stay with us.

We look forward to your next stay on a future trip to Vancouver

Calgary Alberta Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times in the past year and I have never been disappointed. All of the rooms in which I have stayed have been renovated recently. These rooms feature a queen size bed with very comfortable linens, pillows and bed covering. There is a new flat screen TV, room safe, desk, coffee maker, ironing board and iron, and even an in room umbrella one can borrow. The bathroom is large with granite features, a good shower and tub and first class towels and toiletries. The room is a tad on the smaller size but this is the case in every large North American city. The Wi Fi worked well. They have all the standard security measures in place and as a single traveller I always felt safe in the hotel.
The front desk staff are just excellent. They go out if their way to help. When I went to check in the room was not ready (it was hours before check in time). They offered to look after my suitcase and when I returned the suitcase was already placed in my room. I had asked Sarah, the front desk person, for a quiet room. She chose a room away from the elevator and vending machines. It was a very quiet room. She and the other staff are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the city.
The hotel is in the centre of the city and close to dozens of restaurants and within walking distance of many tourist attractions and has easy access to all public transportation. There are some beggars in the neighbourhood as well as many tourists and locals; at no time did I feel unsafe.
I noticed that the hotel caters to many younger people between 20 and 35 and to older folks like myself. Anyone would like this hotel and the price is very fair. I would recommend it to anyone looking for good value for dollars spent.

Room Tip: If you want or need something ask the front desk staff they are really talented and sill go out of t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Travellingtheworld1
Rajiv S, Director of Sales at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to see a very balanced snapshot of what guests can expect with there travels to Ramada Vancouver Downtown. Your comments will be shared with our Guest Services team and department managers.

We look forward to serving you on a return trip through Vancouver.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2013

When you walk in the hotel, the lobby looks nice. And then when you go to the room, the rooms are small. It is a clean hotel, however, they need to upgrade their bathrooms. I couldn't get enough hot water for the shower. Parking was expensive, but it is a given if you're staying downtown.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and will be discussing your comments to explore future upgrades to our guest bathrooms and to look at immediate improvements.

We hope to serve you again on a return trip into Downtown Vancouver