“Very old building but well maintained, located in the hub of Vancouver”

Ramada Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #78 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“Very old building but well maintained, located in the hub of Vancouver”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel lobby is bright and fresh, with big white leather chairs. Check in was fast and the desk staff were friendly. The hotel is right on Granville Street, which is a VERY long and famous street in Vancouver. The cross street is Davie St, which is known for its homosexual openness and acceptance. This end of Granville Street can get a bit crazy in the early hours of the morning, but other times of day it is full of the hustle and bustle of tourists and locals going for dinner & drinks. The hotel is right on the bus route, so very easy to get to by transit. The hotel is quite old and you know it when you step into the elevator and push the button. Also when you walk down the hallway you can hear the floors creak as you walk along. The windows open to the outside so you can get some fresh air. There are lots of mirrors in the bathroom and good water pressure for a nice hot (or cold) shower. The room I was in had a small fridge & microwave and a safe. There were lots of plug in sockets for charging your phone or pc, and the bed was comfy with lots of pillows. I didn't have any problems with noise, although I did hear a few people as they walked down the hallways, but that's pretty hard for the hotel to control. I phoned down and asked for a late checkout, which I was allowed, although that would depend on their vacancy. They had free wi-fi, which worked well, and a nice, flat-screen tv, as well as clock-radio with a ipod docking station. Good value for a stay in Vancouver.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Janica1965
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.
We use all feedback from our guests to better ourselves to benefit everyone.
I am glad you enjoyed your time at our location. We are determined to provide the highest level of customer service possible. Along with keeping our almost 107 year old building up to date.
Cheers,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We decided to get out of the states & spend Christmas in Vancouver. We had the absolute best holiday & the hotel was a huge part of that. The service was outstanding & they went above & beyond to accommodate us.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank HotelHoundd
Even though the holidays have passed, I would like to wish you and your loved ones happy holidays.
I am delighted to hear our team had such a positive impact on your trip to Vancouver.
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Ramada Inn & Suites. We would certainly love to see you on your next visit to Vancouver.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed two nights, and had a pleasant stay, we did not spend much time in the hotel, as we were generally out exploring the city. Although not the prettiest part of town, the location is central, and it is easy to get to most of the major visitor attractions (we walked to most of them). The room was small in North American standards, but was reasonably standard in relation to what we are used to in Europe. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly and helpful. There was a bit of late night noise, which would be expected from a downtown location on a Thursday night, but as we are good sleepers it was not a huge issue. We would stay again if the price was right.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vicky W
Hi there!
I would like to thank you for your kind words.
Our building will turn 107 years old this year! We have taken long strides to update our rooms over the years. While some rooms may be diminutive in size compared to others in the building, every room shares our modern decor and accents.
Being on Granville Street is exciting. With excitement sometimes comes overindulgence which is usually followed by a clamour of joy. It is nice to let loose sometimes and relish life. I hope you enjoyed your time with us!
Hope to see you back soon,
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was my second stay at Ramada Inn Suites in downtown Vancouver and I'm even more impressed than I was the first time. I looked at several other hotels before booking my reservation with the Ramada Inn. Other downtown locations of comparable quality are significantly more expensive. Finding the hotel couldn't be easier, especially if you are driving from the airport or the US. A water taxi terminal is only three blocks from the hotel putting Granville Island and its attractions within easy reach. One of Vancouver's incomparable Sky Train stations is also close to the hotel. The Irish pub connected to the hotel is convenient and offers breakfast to hotel guests.
My room was clean, comfortable and cozy. I booked a room with a queen sized bed that was available when I arrived an hour and a half before the posted check-in time. The courteous staff member at the check-in desk suggested I might be more comfortable in a room located in the center of the hotel due to the revelry expected by the fans attending the Lady Gaga concert scheduled for that evening. I'm glad I took their advice! The next morning I asked if I could leave my car in the hotel parking lot after I checked out so that I could continue enjoying Vancouver’s attractions before driving back to Seattle. My request was granted at no extra charge giving me yet another reason to stay at the Ramada Inn Suites on Granville Street the next time I visit Vancouver.

Room Tip: Rooms in the center of the hotel that have windows facing a light well are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Summer S
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear exultant guest, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It always puts a smile on my team’s face, along with mine, to know our hard work to bestow our best face forward and make every single person staying with us as comfortable as possible has not gone unnoticed.
Please do let us know when you’re in town next. We would love to show you yet another amazing side to out multifaceted customer service team!
We thank you dearly for sharing your kind words,
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed for 30 nights at the Ramada. The location was excellent, congratulations to the hotel, especially the official Bruno's front desk. An excellent professional, polite, sympathetic and very competent. Surely a person who helped us a lot in tips and suggestions.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Adilson_13
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hello my extended stay guest. We are proud we could meet and exceed your expectations of staying with us and taking the time to express your feelings with the rest of us. As you have experienced first-hand, our key goal is to make everyone feel like home with the added advantage of having a well-informed, kind team who is willing to above and beyond to assure everything is precisely how you would like. We are always more than happy to provide addition input to make your trip even more memorable!
Maroochydore, Australia
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Ramada whilst the Cirque du Soleil was in town. The location on Granville Street was excellent, a short walk to the shops and tourist attractions in Vancouver, but far enough away from all the bars and nightclubs located on Granville Street. The room was clean, a good size and had all the amenities we needed for our 2 nights. The rates for the hotel were excellent for Vancouver. There is a pub downstairs to grab that evening/late night drink without it being to flash. The hotel has a 24 hour front desk which meant we were able to check in late with no problems, and parking is just 20 metres from the hotel with reasonable rates too. Definately recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank minicroots
Hello fellow fans of Cirque du Soleil. I wanted to share my appreciation for taking time out of your busy schedule to share you experience with us. We’re here 24 hours to help you, literally. Upon your next visit make sure you take some time to have a meal at the Morrissey Irish Bar & Grill. Much like a late night drink, their evening menu is delicious!
Take care,
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We currently arrived to live to Vancouver and we needed an afordable but comfortable place that was well located so we could go around the city looking of a place to live. From the moment we arrived Mihaela at the front desk was very kind to us talking to us in Spanish and upgrading us without cost so we had more space for our 3 year old son to play.

At the beginning no having an inside restaurant available might be a worry but there are coffee shops and restaurants so close by you could think they are part of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites they might be available at the price of a common hotel room else where and they a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Welcome to Vancouver! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us while settling into our beautiful city. As always, we try to go above and beyond to make sure every single one of our guests are comfortable. Even the youngest and most adorable ones!
As mentioned there are tons of choices for restaurants and coffee shops just step away from hotel. But don’t forget the Morrissey Irish Bar & Grill, attached to us from the lobby, opens up as a breakfast parlour for guests from 7am to 11am.
It was nice meeting you as travelers to the city. Now I hope to run into you and your young family in the city as neighbours.