“Perfect Downtown Location, Friendly Staff, Excellent Value”

Ramada Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #76 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle, Washington
“Perfect Downtown Location, Friendly Staff, Excellent Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was my second stay at Ramada Inn Suites in downtown Vancouver and I'm even more impressed than I was the first time. I looked at several other hotels before booking my reservation with the Ramada Inn. Other downtown locations of comparable quality are significantly more expensive. Finding the hotel couldn't be easier, especially if you are driving from the airport or the US. A water taxi terminal is only three blocks from the hotel putting Granville Island and its attractions within easy reach. One of Vancouver's incomparable Sky Train stations is also close to the hotel. The Irish pub connected to the hotel is convenient and offers breakfast to hotel guests.
My room was clean, comfortable and cozy. I booked a room with a queen sized bed that was available when I arrived an hour and a half before the posted check-in time. The courteous staff member at the check-in desk suggested I might be more comfortable in a room located in the center of the hotel due to the revelry expected by the fans attending the Lady Gaga concert scheduled for that evening. I'm glad I took their advice! The next morning I asked if I could leave my car in the hotel parking lot after I checked out so that I could continue enjoying Vancouver’s attractions before driving back to Seattle. My request was granted at no extra charge giving me yet another reason to stay at the Ramada Inn Suites on Granville Street the next time I visit Vancouver.

Room Tip: Rooms in the center of the hotel that have windows facing a light well are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Summer S
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear exultant guest, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It always puts a smile on my team’s face, along with mine, to know our hard work to bestow our best face forward and make every single person staying with us as comfortable as possible has not gone unnoticed.
Please do let us know when you’re in town next. We would love to show you yet another amazing side to out multifaceted customer service team!
We thank you dearly for sharing your kind words,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Curitiba, PR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed for 30 nights at the Ramada. The location was excellent, congratulations to the hotel, especially the official Bruno's front desk. An excellent professional, polite, sympathetic and very competent. Surely a person who helped us a lot in tips and suggestions.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Adilson_13
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hello my extended stay guest. We are proud we could meet and exceed your expectations of staying with us and taking the time to express your feelings with the rest of us. As you have experienced first-hand, our key goal is to make everyone feel like home with the added advantage of having a well-informed, kind team who is willing to above and beyond to assure everything is precisely how you would like. We are always more than happy to provide addition input to make your trip even more memorable!
Best regards,
Maroochydore, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Ramada whilst the Cirque du Soleil was in town. The location on Granville Street was excellent, a short walk to the shops and tourist attractions in Vancouver, but far enough away from all the bars and nightclubs located on Granville Street. The room was clean, a good size and had all the amenities we needed for our 2 nights. The rates for the hotel were excellent for Vancouver. There is a pub downstairs to grab that evening/late night drink without it being to flash. The hotel has a 24 hour front desk which meant we were able to check in late with no problems, and parking is just 20 metres from the hotel with reasonable rates too. Definately recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank minicroots
Hello fellow fans of Cirque du Soleil. I wanted to share my appreciation for taking time out of your busy schedule to share you experience with us. We’re here 24 hours to help you, literally. Upon your next visit make sure you take some time to have a meal at the Morrissey Irish Bar & Grill. Much like a late night drink, their evening menu is delicious!
Take care,
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We currently arrived to live to Vancouver and we needed an afordable but comfortable place that was well located so we could go around the city looking of a place to live. From the moment we arrived Mihaela at the front desk was very kind to us talking to us in Spanish and upgrading us without cost so we had more space for our 3 year old son to play.

At the beginning no having an inside restaurant available might be a worry but there are coffee shops and restaurants so close by you could think they are part of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites they might be available at the price of a common hotel room else where and they a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Welcome to Vancouver! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us while settling into our beautiful city. As always, we try to go above and beyond to make sure every single one of our guests are comfortable. Even the youngest and most adorable ones!
As mentioned there are tons of choices for restaurants and coffee shops just step away from hotel. But don’t forget the Morrissey Irish Bar & Grill, attached to us from the lobby, opens up as a breakfast parlour for guests from 7am to 11am.
It was nice meeting you as travelers to the city. Now I hope to run into you and your young family in the city as neighbours.
Best regards,
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have stayed at a number of the pricier Vancouver hotels but wanted to save some money but still be within walking distance of the downtown core. The Ramada was an excellent option. A couple of drawbacks: there is a nightclub located on the main floor which does generate some noise (noticeable even in my 6th floor room) and they have limited surface parking (no underground or secured parking). However the service was great and the room very comfortable. Mihaela Birzan in particular at the front desk was especially helpful. We had breakfast included in our rate which was served in the aforementioned nightclub - which initially seemed odd - but turned out to be delicious and served by friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the inside are quieter (from road noise) and higher floors have more distance from...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We’re glad we were able to mend matters while you were here with us, in turn providing an overall positive experience.
Parking is a tight downtown, literally. While we do not have underground parking, we have a valet team which deals with all parking issues one might come across trying to park in downtown Vancouver. As our primary parking lot, located adjacent to the building, is relatively petit compared to the number of rooms we are comprised of. Our valet team does move majority of vehicles to an overflow lot located offsite. Our parking lot is monitored on CCTV and patrolled by the valet team. We believe this provides better security for your vehicle than a standard underground parking structure.
As cited, The Morrissey Irish Bar & Grill opens up privately for hotel guests to provide a delicious breakfast in a fun environment every morning. Regardless of the type of booking one may have, they are more than welcome to visit for breakfast at a discounted rate.
Happy endeavours,
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was invited to Canada to speak at an event. I arrived from America late the evening before, exhausted from the long drive. When the gentleman waiting on me could not find my reservation, the manager, Mihaela Birzan, graciously stepped in to assist. We assumed I had driven to the wrong location. Luckily for me, the manager did not simply send me on my way - late at night in a foreign country - she instead had the wherewithall to call the location and check my reservation. Oddly, there was no record of the reservation I had made through the tourism board. Thankfully, Miss Birzan continued to assist me, contacting the tourism board on my behalf only to discover they had no record of my reservation either, though I had been charged and had a confirmation number. It was not a good first impression. Thanks to the compassionate professionalism of Miss Birzan, and the wisdom she displayed -following through when many others might have simply sent me on my way- I will be back to stay at the Ramada Inn, downtown Vancouver. I am very grateful to Miss Birzan for her excellent management skills; she smoothed over my first experience in Canada with her attentive attitude and the voucher she extended for breakfast was not only appreciated, it left a lasting impression!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank moringaworldwide
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Good day blissful traveler. I am pleased to hear about your experience with our staff. The whole team at the Ramada Inn & Suites strives to accommodate everyone's needs. Please do let us know if you plan on visiting Vancouver in the near future. We will be more than ecstatic to have you stay with us and meet the rest of them team!
Happy travels,
White Rock, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We arrived ready to check in and realized one of our group couple's was unable to print the voucher for their stay prior to arriving and had not made a reservation in advance. Worried that we would be out of luck with getting the number of separate rooms at the rates we were expecting - we were very pleasantly greeted and served by the BEST hotel DUTY Manager I have ever experienced!! Her name is Mihaela Birzan. Her service, attention to detail and genuine warmth made our worries all disappear. We also LOVED the location - right in the heart of downtown Vancouver - we walked to our concert, we enjoyed the night and the next morning thoroughly! We have booked back at this hotel AGAIN because of the positive experience and because of Mihaela. I recommend this hotel to anyone, whether it be to enjoy a night downtown or if on a trip visiting from afar. It is a genuine display of solid, honest Vancouver and BC hospitality. It's not real fancy, nothing too glamorous, but it's PERFECT and priced right if you are looking for a basic, clean, safe, well run hotel in the City with great staff! Thanks Mihaela for making our trip and future visits memorable. You are a STAR :)

Room Tip: higher rooms experience less party noise from the clubs and street below.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank C K
Just wanted to stop by and thank you for your kind words! We always love to hear about stay with us. Hope to see you again.