“Excellent Management!”

Ranked #76 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle
“Excellent Management!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was invited to Canada to speak at an event. I arrived from America late the evening before, exhausted from the long drive. When the gentleman waiting on me could not find my reservation, the manager, Mihaela Birzan, graciously stepped in to assist. We assumed I had driven to the wrong location. Luckily for me, the manager did not simply send me on my way - late at night in a foreign country - she instead had the wherewithall to call the location and check my reservation. Oddly, there was no record of the reservation I had made through the tourism board. Thankfully, Miss Birzan continued to assist me, contacting the tourism board on my behalf only to discover they had no record of my reservation either, though I had been charged and had a confirmation number. It was not a good first impression. Thanks to the compassionate professionalism of Miss Birzan, and the wisdom she displayed -following through when many others might have simply sent me on my way- I will be back to stay at the Ramada Inn, downtown Vancouver. I am very grateful to Miss Birzan for her excellent management skills; she smoothed over my first experience in Canada with her attentive attitude and the voucher she extended for breakfast was not only appreciated, it left a lasting impression!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank moringaworldwide
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Good day blissful traveler. I am pleased to hear about your experience with our staff. The whole team at the Ramada Inn & Suites strives to accommodate everyone's needs. Please do let us know if you plan on visiting Vancouver in the near future. We will be more than ecstatic to have you stay with us and meet the rest of them team!
Happy travels,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
White Rock, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We arrived ready to check in and realized one of our group couple's was unable to print the voucher for their stay prior to arriving and had not made a reservation in advance. Worried that we would be out of luck with getting the number of separate rooms at the rates we were expecting - we were very pleasantly greeted and served by the BEST hotel DUTY Manager I have ever experienced!! Her name is Mihaela Birzan. Her service, attention to detail and genuine warmth made our worries all disappear. We also LOVED the location - right in the heart of downtown Vancouver - we walked to our concert, we enjoyed the night and the next morning thoroughly! We have booked back at this hotel AGAIN because of the positive experience and because of Mihaela. I recommend this hotel to anyone, whether it be to enjoy a night downtown or if on a trip visiting from afar. It is a genuine display of solid, honest Vancouver and BC hospitality. It's not real fancy, nothing too glamorous, but it's PERFECT and priced right if you are looking for a basic, clean, safe, well run hotel in the City with great staff! Thanks Mihaela for making our trip and future visits memorable. You are a STAR :)

Room Tip: higher rooms experience less party noise from the clubs and street below.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank C K
Just wanted to stop by and thank you for your kind words! We always love to hear about stay with us. Hope to see you again.
Dannevirke, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

As a group of 3 males, it is usually hard to find a hotel with 3 beds a room. At Ramada, we got a suite with 2 double beds and a sofa bed which was perfect. And it was cheaper than a dorm room in a hostel per person. Awesome location with a walk to the metro and all the nightlife. Fully recommend.

• Stayed January 2013
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Always glad to hear we could assist in making your trip to Vancouver more memorable. We love our city and try to do all we can to help visitors from near or far see the beauty the city has to offer.
Our rates our competitive and location is notable. The only thing better is the level of service we strive to provide.
I’m glad we could help 3 more visitors enjoy our city. You’ve enjoyed winter in Vancouver. Next it’s time to enjoy summer!
We’ll see you then,
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are a little on the small side, but have everything we needed. The front desk staff are particularly helpful, especially with their excellent restaurant recommendations.

It's a straight 20 minute walk up Granville St to the waterfront/GasTown area. The perpendicular Davie Street has a good selection of dining options.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank swhale
Thank you kindly for the charming review. It is very agreeable our location is opportune for any traveler who would like to be walking distance to majority of the key parts of downtown Vancouver.
Best regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I travel to Vancouver on business on a regular basis.
I've stayed here a few times and it's exceeded my expectations greatly every time!

Rates you can't beat!
The service is exceptional!
And the location is amazing!

And the rooms have been updated and are very lovely.

No complaints all around :)

You really can count on a pleasant stay when you choose this hotel and save a few dollars while your at it!

I'll be back soon.

Andy S.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank ktownandy
Whistler, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

When I opened the door and hit the bed, i couldn't help by laugh out load. The room was so small. The bathtub was curved, so when you stood in for a shower is was really awkward. But, I did spent 4 times as much money out in Gas Town as the hotel room cost from hotwire(~65). If you just need a place to crash this will do a great job.

Room Tip: Call the fairmont.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Frenkendorf, Baselland, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

It was a great stay, clean, kindly and near Gastown. I will come back
We visit Vancouver to meet ouer daugther and here friend.
We had a short walk to everywhere, the hotel was very central of Vancouver.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple