“Pleasantly surprised.”

Ramada Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #80 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel has a fantastic location. Can't beat it in the heart of all the action. It is in the popular club area of Granville but its further from the action. There is a small club (ginger 62) attached to the hotel. Stay on the 3rd floor and above and u won't hear anything. The rooms are quite small but re done. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The biggest downfall to this hotel is the parking. It's small and very tight. We have a f150 and it was a tight squeeze to fit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ramada Vancouver Downtown

Reviewed November 4, 2012

It is OK for a short stay, the location is great, lots of night life around. The check in and out was quick, the room and elevator are small. I can hear the other guests talking in their room. The fun in the bathroom is noise. The staff is helpful for assistance.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I read that a lot of people thought the rooms were small and noisy but I think they are just being extremely picky!! Our room was spacious, the staff was so helpful and we were right on the street and the noise from the club (which is only open 3 nights a week) was minimal. It was quieter than New York and exactly the noise level you could expect from a large city. I would stay here again especially since the price was so affordable!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were after a cheap hotel, so we chose ramada, as we got a great Internet rate.
Beds were really comfy and the room was clean.
Hotel is in good location to access all of Vancouver.
Rooms are extremely small, barely room to move around the bed.
Hotel is old, so every single noise from the corridor and next door room comes right through to your room - bring earplugs.
There is a night club below, so expect to hear the music and feel the vibrations, we did and we were on one of the higher levels.
The corridors smell strange also.

Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The room is more than I expected for the price. The bed was extremely comfortable which helped me get over my jet lag quicker. The Irish pub downstairs does a great breakfast. The only thing better than the helpful staff is the awesome location in downtown Vancouver.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Hi my name is Maria Pook. I stayed at the Ramada Inn on Granville Street for 16 nights.
I would highly recommend this place, not only was it priced well the service was friendly and welcoming. The size of the room was great as well as clean.
A big thank you to Mihaela and all of the front staff for all your help and service.
Also to all the house cleaners that look after that hotel -thank you.

Hope to see you all again next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Maria P
Rajiv S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Hello Ms. Pook, I am so pleased to hear you had a good stay with us. We enjoyed your company as well. If you are ever in Vancouver again, please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you in booking a suite with us.
Happy holidays,
Rajiv Jackson Singh
Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Functional clean and welcoming. I would however recommend the car park across the street, you can get 24hrs for $10.50. Would recommend the location right in the centre of Gastown and my room had an amazing view of the Harbour Centre & Grouse Mountain.

Only negative would be the noise. I was on the sixth floor and the noise of traffic was exceptionally loud

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo