Days Inn Vancouver Metro
$227
$202
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$121
  • Breakfast included
$255
$212
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$182
$172
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbus stopcontinental breakfastbudget hoteltea and coffeetwo queen bedsrooms are smallconvenient locationmetrotowntransitdrawers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2007

We booked this hotel because we needed internet access and they advertised that they had free internet in each room. We got there to find that it was not available in certain rooms including ours, and that since they were fully booked, they could not give us a room with internet access.

Second problem. It was a cold night, so we turned on the heater in the middle of the night. It caused a burning smell and it set off an ear-deafening fire alarm. We had to air out the room and sleep in the cold.

SO... since there was a card in the room saying "if you are not completely satisfied with your stay and we cannot make it right, you do not pay for that portion of your stay," we again mentioned the issues upon checkout. They tried to make us pay the full charge for the room anyway, so we showed them their own printed guarantee, upon which they reluctantly gave us a discount of $5.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank hotel_critiquer
RandyVancouver_BC, Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2007

Thank you for the opportunity to respond. We do offer wireless internet throughout the hotel. For those guests who do not have wireless ability on their laptops, we do offer 20 rooms with wired internet in addition to the wireless. Also, we have a usb wireless adapter available from the front desk for guest use. If your laptop does not have wireless or a usb port, we are happy to accommodate you in a wired room so long as one is available. To insure you are not dissapointed when traveling, let hotels know when booking that internet is important to you. We all do our best with the information that we have available.

Reviewed May 21, 2007

First of all, I really felt that I paid more than the place should cost! Furthermore, there was nothing continental about their free breakfast because all it was is a voucher that can cover one cup of coffee and one muffin. Also the room was really cold, and I mean it! When I complained about the heat in the room, all they did was to tell me that they turn off the heater at night! Also, I had a serious jet lag problem and I don't know why do their garden birds only sing at a particular hour!
Overall, I will not return to this place when I will come back to Vancouver!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank omolmed
Reviewed January 22, 2007

I decided to visit Canada with my parents and my girlfriend. We booked two non-smoking rooms in the Days Inn ( adress) in Vancouver, BC, Canada. When we checked in , we discovered the rooms stunk like cigarette smoke! We were very surprised because we had selected ‘non-smoking’ on web site we used for our reservation.

We walked back to the reception desk and explained the situation to the person on shift. The gentlemen, named Ron, explained that there was nothing he could do. Apparently to him, no apology was necessary. He let us know that they were completely booked and that he really was not able to be of any further assistance. His attitude and rudeness were shocking. We requested to talk to the manager so he called him and spoke with him on the phone. After he hung up, he said that there was nothing left to be done, that we were free to check out and that we would not be charged. I asked him about this TWICE to confirm his statement. So, in light of not wanting to spend the night in an unpleasantly smelling room- we left, however, the real motivation for us to leave was mainly because of the way this man had the audacity to speak to us- his customers

After returning to Portland , my girlfriend realized that there was a charge on her credit card for one night in both rooms. She called the hotel and the staff told her that Ron had made a note in the computer that we were informed that we were going to be charged for the night. We tried to talk to the manager again, but he told us that we didn’t have any proof of what we were previously told. He said, and I quote, “ I am not going to let you not pay for these rooms”. He said that there is a late cancellation fee that we were required to pay. I agreed that I was aware of this fee but that the issue had to do with Ron lying to us, then going out of his way to make a note in the computer that he had told us otherwise.

I made a claim with the Days Inn customer service a few days ago. I called back today for a follow up. The manager of this hotel told them that we selected smoking rooms because they were cheaper. That was another lie. I am so frustrated and shocked by this behavior that I am going to put our experience on every possible search engine. If you do decide stay at this unprofessional establishment, take a recorder with you, just in case they are as dishonest with you as they were with us.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
8  Thank daysInnVancouverNo
RandyDI, Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2007

Thanks Trip Advisor for permiting hotel representatives to respond to reviews!
Of the items not mentioned in this review is the fact that after checking in, one can not expect to return the keys an hour later and not be charged. When making reservations online, please do not book a cheaper smoking room and then type in the comment line that you want a non-smoking room. Had a comparable non-smoking room actually been available, you would have been able to book it. As for our service, I will let the previous reviews speak for themselves.
Kind Regards!

Reviewed January 10, 2007

This was simply the best play to stay. The housekeeping staff and maintance people keep this place up like a 5 * hotel. The front desk people were so very kind and helpful. The continental breakfast the kids loved ...McDonalds, always fresh and hot, so no complaints from us either. Nicely located to journey out from to take in Vancouvers' sites. Very quite, and a beautiful garden to step out into in the morning. We really enjoyed out stay, and would most definitly stay there again when in Vancouver.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank Belladoll
Reviewed November 4, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Days Inn Vancouver Metro for 2 nights. We drove up from Seattle, where we spent 4 wonderful days at a more expensive hotel so since we were only staying 2 days, didn't want to spend too much money. For the price, it wasn't a terrible place. The room was pretty small and the bathroom was tiny. There was a shower stall, not even a bathtub. The tv was really small too. Not what we are used to in a hotel.

One of the main reasons we picked this hotel was because it said it was within walking distance of the Skytrain and only 3 miles outside of downtown Vancouver. We didn't want to drive into downtown and thought taking public transportation was better. I was a little suspicious of what they considered walking distance. Even when I asked the front desk, she never told me how far it really was, just showed me on the map, which of course made it seem like it was the next block. In actuality, it was more like 10 looong blocks away. Not a terribly big deal in the overall scheme of things but I was a little disappointed that the front desk just couldn't tell me how far away it really was.

The free continental breakfast was vouchers for the McDonald's next door. We don't eat McDonald's so didn't even bother with the vouchers. Instead we went over to White Spot where they offer a 10% for Days Inn guests. It was much more healthier and better tasting than McD's, that's for sure!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple