Days Inn Vancouver Metro
$317
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$195
Suttonplace.com
$322
$287
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$237
$538
$460
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbus stopcontinental breakfastbudget hoteltea and coffeetwo queen bedsrooms are smallconvenient locationmetrotowntransitdrawers
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I am not usually picky when it comes to hotels because I tend to stay in really cheap ones. I would probably avoid staying at this hotel again. The layout of the rooms around the courtyard meant that I was constantly being awaken by the noise from Kingsway (the windows rattle when large trucks go back) or the regular movements of other guests. In the mornings the hotel staff would loudly tap on doors with their pens hollering "room service." I consider myself a heavy sleeper but I did not get a good night's sleep. The breakfast is very limited and not fresh (especially the breads, apples and pastries)

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms in the wing closest to the front desk (closest to Kingsway)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

I am sorry for the restless night's sleep. For light sleepers I recommend making your request with us directly and request a quiet room in the back. Only eight of our rooms face Kingsway. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Vancouver, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

If you don't have a lot of money and expectations it will be OK for you. Clean, bit noisy with poor breakfast. Good location (20 min by Skyline from Downtown).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are a budget hotel so we do not have the spa, the swimming pool, etc, but by choosing us you are not paying the luxurious hotel prices. We offer our guests friendly helpful service, a clean room, in a unique hotel in which all of our rooms open up to our Courtyard Garden.

We offer all the standard room amenities (mini-fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, extended digital cable on flat screen televisions, self controlled heat/air conditioners, and our deluxe rooms all have microwaves, lobby microwave is available 24 hours per day). All of our guests also receive Free Parking, upgraded Wireless Internet and complimentary continental breakfast daily. Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

As other reviews have indicated the primary benefit here I think is the relative good value of the accommodation. I've been relatively generous here with a 4* review - this isn't a 4* hotel in the traditional sense of the word (and nor does it pretend to be), but I think the value for money just swings it!

We had no problems and staff were very friendly. Beds were comfortable and clean. Bathroom was clean. Nice to have a proper filter coffee machine in the room too. The outside courtyard is pretty and well kept. Free wi-fi a bonus. They were very accommodating when we arrived early before our proper check in time, even though one of the rooms wasn't ready they let us use the other one.

Breakfast was pretty good considering the price of the room.

We had dinner in the restaurant across the road and though severely jet lagged it was perfect for what we needed at the time (a good chicken burger).

Fairly easy to get to from the Airport - though on the other side of town - it's a 10 minute walk from Nanaimo Skytrain stop. Given the previous comments about the bad location I have to say we had a lovely afternoon in the sunshine in the local park (General Brock Park) and actually thought the neighbourhood looked quite nice! (though Kingsway itself isn't exactly picturesque)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager. at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I always like to hear that our guests feel like they have received good value for choosing to stay with us. The inner Courtyard Garden is our most unique feature and is currently quite colourful. I am glad that our staff, the hotel and our location worked out so well for you in Vancouver. We are in a mostly residential neighborhood and there are many beautiful houses to look at if you go for a walk to the Skytrain Station (using the smaller streets - leaving through the back of the parking lot). Thank you for taking the time to write your review, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

What you would expect for the price. It was clean and the hotel staff was very courteous. The restroom was very small and there were not many tv channels. It is at least 10 min. drive to downtown, but public transportation is very good in Vancouver. Here is a bus stop out front, and there is a sky train stop a couple blocks away. The neighborhood looked really sketchy, but really wasnt that bad. Asian neighborhood, and unless you are looking for Vietnamese food or McDonald's there isnt anything within walking distance. The breakfast was very basic, but its free so I couldnt complain. Also there is no fee for parking which is an issue with most hotels closer to downtown. Overall I had a good experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Fearless2185
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize for your cable television, you must have stayed in Room #201. The next guest that occupied that room informed us that we were not getting proper cable service and we had our cable provider correct the problem. We had a cable upgrade approximately six months ago and we currently have more channels than any other hotel I have ever been in.

If you ever have any issues or concerns while staying with us I ask you to inform the Front Desk so that we have a chance to fix any issues or move you to another room if needed. We are here to try to make your stay as comfortable as possible. It is our goal to have all of our guests feel that they have received good value for choosing to stay with us.

The next time you stay with us please ask us to show you where The Tipper Restaurant is. They serve Continental Canadian Cuisine, are directly across the street from us, the chef owns it and seems to always be there. They are also very reasonably priced. Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013