“Only soap and shampoo?!”

Days Inn Vancouver Metro
Ranked #73 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Rosebud
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was delighted to find such an inexpensive, well kept motel in close proximity to downtown, Kitsilano and Granville Island. The courtyard was like an English Country Garden. Lovely staff and stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
It is always nice to hear such positive comments about our hotel and our staff. We do also take a lot of pride in our Courtyard Garden. Hopefully your next few "Days at Days" happen in the summer when the Courtyard is in full bloom. Our central location gives our guests easy access to all Vancouver has to offer. Thanks for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to welcoming you back, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Check in was easy, staff were friendly. The layout is bizzare; like a motel all the room doors open onto an exterior 'hall' creating a rectangle, in the center is a well-maintained green space. Halfway down the rectangle's long side there are stairs that lead down to the 'lower' level. My room (131) was located in this underground bit, tucked in the corner (no front window overlooking the greenspace).
It was a good sized room: double bed, nightstand, desk, armchair, big floor-length mirror, tall dresser (with top potion open), wall-mounted tv, bathroom (shower only), and big closet (had room-connector door).
Bed wasn't very comfy, and while the area is very quiet (Kingsway is fairly busy) the noise that carries from the over head 'halls' and the center of the hotel was very annoying. My window looked out over a back street, bathroom as well but window was frosted. Bathroom had a big mirror, shower was tiny. Closet was big, had a mini-fridge and coffee maker: apparently there's a microwave in suites, and a common one in the lobby, but why they chose to provide a mini fridge is beyond me.. when staying only a few nights, I'm more likely to want to heat food than store perishables..).
Hotel is by a MacDonalds, not a long walk from a Skytrain station, and there are buses that go to Nanaimo Station (connect to Skytrain to go downtown) or to Stanley Park (via downtown), can also cross street and go to Metrotown. This hotel is JUST within Zone 1, so travel downtown is just one fare, Metrotown would be extra.
I wasn't made aware or told how to use the heater, so my first night was freezing (no blanket or comforter on bed). The carpet was fairly dirty (not dirt, but just debris), the hook on the bathroom door had been removed.
I was out most of the day during my stay, but everytime I came back my room had been serviced and tidied, it was nice.
I didn't use or see the breakfast room, nor the parking lot.

While the staff were nice and helpful, I wouldn't return unless I needed a deal. An extra $50 would've gotten a 'real' hotel, closer to downtown and more facilities.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a West-facing room, you'd look over McD's but should be able to see downtown...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for posting your review and your thorough description of our hotel. I did receive your comment card and have replaced the hook on the bathroom door. I am glad to hear that our Front Desk and Housekeeping Staff Members earned your positive comments. I feel our Team Members are a great asset to the hotel.

The configuration of the Days Inn Vancouver is considered an Inn, with all the rooms opening into the Courtyard. Our Courtyard Garden is the most unique feature of our hotel, you should see it in the summer when everything is in bloom, the colours are wonderful. Our location offers our guests great access to Vancouver's public transportation. Parking in Downtown Vancouver is expensive. Many of our guests are quite happy to pay our budget prices, park for free and take the bus or skytrain to Downtown, Metrotown, Stanley Park, UBC, VGH, etc.

Thanks again, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.
Rossland
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife needs to go to Vancouver for medical treatments on a regular basis.
We have been here about 10 times already. Pleasant hotel well served by public transit. Excellent staff. Clean and quiet environment. What could be improved: Booking. We were told that they would match Expedia prices if we called them directly. They did not mentioning that a bath would be quite a bit extra. We booked through Expedia at the lower rate however they were nice enough to accommodate us with our mentioned wishes at Expedia. I could not use my Wyndham card. The internet was flaky. It just kept playing disappearing games. Breakfast is fine however could easily be improved with other fruits besides apples. Bananas oranges and yogurt would be a nice addition.
Great value and it is our home away from home in Vancouver.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank PaulPBC
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
It is always nice to hear that our hotel and our staff consistently meet your needs. All of our standard rooms have a stand up shower in the bathroom and our deluxe rooms have a full bathtub. For such a regular guest if it is available, we will give you a complimentary upgrade at check-in. For guests that have to be guaranteed a bathtub please make sure that you book the deluxe rooms.

In order to use your Wyndham card you have three ways in which to book your reservation, through Wyndham, Days Inn or directly with us. I always suggest to our guests to do your research online and then call the hotel directly to make your reservation. We can always match the prices you find online and you can put in any special requests that you may have.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we will see you the next time you are in Vancouver, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.