“Great staff, nice motel”

Days Inn Vancouver Metro
Ranked #73 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Launceston, Australia
“Great staff, nice motel”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The one thing that stood out for me with this motel was how friendly the staff were, especially the reception guys.
The room itself was large with plenty of room to store your belongings. The bathroom was a bit dated but that was not an issue for me. The free breakfast each morning was good, only that most people had to stand up as the room was tiny! They motel provided free parking and the area was close to public transport.
One problem was the walls were paper thin, there was a lady down 5 doors that loved to call all her friends at midnight, we could cleary here her. She also invited a friend around one night... anyhow, it would help if the wall were a bit thicker.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
I am pleased to hear that our staff looked after you and that our location worked out well for your needs. Being so close to the bus and Skytrain usually works out quite well for our guests. Driving in Downtown Vancouver can be difficult, finding parking is tough and it gets expensive quickly. Most hotels downtown charge $25 - $40 per night for parking alone. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Balfour
Reviewed April 8, 2012

very reasonable and friendly staff great location good parking try the Happy Family Chinese restaurant one block east for exotic Chinese food

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. I do receive a lot of positive feedback about my staff. There are a lot of smaller, family owned and operated unique restaurants in our area. I am glad that our location worked so well for you.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We come to this property every time we are in Vancouver. We enjoy the value since it is generally a clean, quiet, and convenient hotel to stay at. There is a service station close and a McDonald's right next store so late night snacking and late breakfast are easy to find. The desk staff are always friendly, willing to accommodate any needs, and very knowledgeable.

Room Tip: The room right behind the front desk is a one bedroom and is very spacious and generally tends to be...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chelsea J
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
I am glad that you are receiving great value at our hotel and that my staff are looking after you so well. The next time you are here we will have a couple of surprises for you. First, we are about fifty percent completed on our new furniture. Secondly, we just received a digital upgrade to our television system. We currently have more channels than I have seen in any hotel that I have ever been in. Please let me know what you think of the changes the next time you are in town.

Thank you, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.
Posen
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed in Days Inn Vancouver Metro only 2 days, but people at the front desk help me a lot. They stored my baggage for a couple of hours, and always knew the direction to the places I wanted to get to :)
The breakfast is OK, but sometimes there is not enough food because of many travellers.
One big con: The shower sink was broken, I had to call twice and finally someone came, but he wasn't able to repair it.
Oh.. and I got to queen bad instead of one, heh ;-)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad that my staff looked after you so well. We have been making some upgrades to our rooms. By the end of this week we will have brand new furniture in three quarters of all of our rooms. The white granite tops are a great improvement. Please let me know what you think of our upgrades after your next stay.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed 10 days at this motel, everything was great.Clean rooms,nice staff. I recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such nice comments and it is nice to hear that everything went so well with your stay.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Nice and inexpensive hotel in the heart of Greater Vancouver. Clean, neat, free internet access, refrigerator and coffee maker in room, plenty of free parking. The only downside is the meager breakfast

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
I am glad that everything went so well with your stay and that you feel that received good value for your room and level of service.

Victoria
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I've stayed at this Days Inn more than 6 times and every time its just great. CLEAN, CHEAP, and close to Metrotown. Its defiently not a 4 or 5 star but you get what you pay for. I would definitely recommend this location and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dara86
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Thank you for being such a loyal guest and for taking the time to write your review. Our new furniture has arrived for one quarter of our rooms and by the end of February we will have three quarters of the rooms done. I also have a wireless internet upgrade arriving before the end of February. I look forward to hearing your comments about our upgrades.