“Know your location”

Ranked #70 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
australia
“Know your location”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The Motel had a nice entrance, but not wheelchair friendly or suitcase friendly, only steps. The courtyard garden is lovely. Our room was small, and was full of ciggerette odour, Reception rang soon after we arrived to check if everything was OK, I asked if it was a smoking room, she said No, I told her about the smell, she said it couldn't be helped if people smoked outside the room. after that evening I began to feel very ill, I went to the front desk and asked to change rooms, or be given a full refund, he was very reluctant, and said can you wait until morning, I said No, Another person came out of the back office and gave us another room, no smoke smell and no Asthma. If the smoking seat and bin was removed from outside of the room we were first given and another area set aside from all rooms, there would not be a problem. The motel is a good distance from the city area, the motel provided us with bus and train directions which was very helpful. Public transport is very cheap. I thought Metro, would have been closer to the city centre, this was my mistake, so take in that it is a good 30 to 40 minutes to Vancouver city. This reflects in the Motel price. Small rooms and bathrooms.

Room Tip: remember to ask for a room away from smoking benches and bins.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thank you for your review of the hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed our Courtyard. All of our rooms of course are non-smoking but we do have a couple of designated smoking areas. I am glad that we were able to switch your room to make your stay more enjoyable. Whenever you have an issue, any issue, in our hotel I ask that you let us know and give us the opportunity to fix it for you.

Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed at this hotel one night in September and was very pleased with the cleanliness and the courtyard which was a gorgeous touch. The free breakfast was a pleasant surprise - the area is not the best but not so bad I felt uncomfortable with my best friend and 13 yr old sister at night. When we had to go in the side door at night we were a little worried we'd be locked, directions or a sign for the side entrance would be helpful. The room I was in was quite small but clean and comfortable so we didn't mind - overall it was a pleasant experience but I don't really fell like I got what I payed for.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your honest review. We may not be in the most beautiful neighborhood but it is very clean and as safe as any in Vancouver. We do take pride in our Courtyard and feel that it is something that no other hotel has. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Location is ok. Easy access to downtown. Bus stop is at the end of the block and it takes about 20 minutes to reach downtown. A lot of Vietnamese restaurants nearby, so it is good if you like that sort of food. Room was great. Plenty of drawers and hanging space. Fridge was good to keep drinks cold and milk for cereal. Tea and coffee available. Room was very clean and the AC did a good job. Bed was very comfortable too. Bathroom was small, but clean. Reception staff were very helpful. We would recommend a trip to Whistler (either day or overnight) too. Wifi service here was great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all of your nice comments about our hotel. It is our goal to have all of our guests saying the same things after staying with us. We hope to see you again.

Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Clean quiet room. Very Narrow driveway entry. Desk staff was helpful.

Room Tip: I cannot say the room was poor - Only very small. The space between the wall and each bed (2 queens...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest review. We know that we are not the biggest, most luxurious hotel in Vancouver. We strive to be a very clean, cute, smaller hotel that provides excellent service. We will be receiving new furniture early in 2012 which will be designed to maximize the space in our guest rooms. I should have some new pictures posted in February 2012.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We really loved this place. It is close to all major attractions. The staff is really nice and courteous. We were on the 2nd floor. Decent size rooms with good beds. Breakfast was severed. Has a parking lot and is free. The vicinity is not that great but just OK. We saw a lot of vitenamese stores around and samll houses in the neighbourhood. Overall, very good place and I would recommend.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. I am glad that our location and our staff looked after you so well. Many of our guests comment on the free parking and the convenience of public transportation as an added bonus of staying with us.

Thanks again, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This started off as being a disaster. We arrived very late, and were given room 108. WOW what a stench. It was so bad I refused to stay in it. It was a mixture of an entire bottle of Pine Sol spilled on the carpet, and mildew. Made me want to vomit the minute we arrived. We were told we could switch rooms in the morning. I did not accept that, and asked if they could sleep in there with that smell. Yes, I brought the hotel staff to the room. I was told I could not switch til the morning. I then said I wanted my money back, and would sleep in the car. Suddenly we were given a different room.
It was a very small room, but didn't reak. Good thing we were not there for more then 2 nights. As for the area...a little shady.

Room Tip: just ok, not great
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
I take full responsibility for this guest's inconvenience. This room had been out of order and I tried to rent it before it was fixed. Being the new manager, trying to impress ownership, I learned a good lesson in the this situation. I am glad that my Front Desk Supervisor still had a room that we were able to move these guests to.

My apologies, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Our recent stay at the Days Inn Metro Vancouver was quite pleasant. The hotel is located at the major intersection of Victoria and Kingsway in the middle of the city approx. a 10 min drive from downtown. It is centrally located in the city and therefore conveniently located for assess to many different areas around of the city. The rooms were clean and even had a with a refrigerator in each room. The rooms surround a small courtyard which is quite pretty. They offer free parking, wii fii and a continental breakfast. There is a McDonalds right next door and many small restaurants and cafes within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of the Days Inn Vancouver Metro. I am glad our hotel and our location suited you so well. We look forward to welcoming you back.