“Great Deal for the Location”

Days Inn Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #64 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Deal for the Location”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I was attending a conference at the convention center and needed a hotel that was affordable and close to the conference. I was pleasantly pleased with the location. The hotel room was clean and the staff was very friendly. I also enjoyed having the complimentary shuttle downtown. I also had breakfast in Chelsea's downstairs at the food was great and huge servings. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
DaysInnDwntwn, Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, March 5, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your time in writing us a pleasant comment! We are happy that our location was well suited for your needs. Our proximity to the Vancouver Convention Centre does make us a popular option for conference delegates. We hope to make your next stay even more hospitable.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I booked a night at this hotel trough their own website because they said they would guarantee the lowest rate found (I always prefer booking straight with the hotel to guarantee...). Now, 5 days later, I'm still fighting to get them to meet the lowest rate I found on the web.
Not only they are not meeting the lowest price, they had the HIGHEST!!! UNBELIEVABLE!
Now I can't even cancel the booking because they say I bought it in advance. Of course I did, so I'd have to time to make changes on my plans as necessary.
I will NEVER book at this hotel again. EVER!
And I do not recommend believing in ANYTHING they advertise.
Incredibly unsatisfied with their costumer service.

Stayed January 2011
2 Thank LuGoFe
DaysInnDwntwn, Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, February 2, 2011
Good morning and thank you for taking the time to create a feedback for us. However I am unaware of the conflict that you have mentioned in your comment. I would most appreciate either an email or direct phone call to myself at the hotel in order to resolve your issue (toll free at 1-877-68-4335). Our Downtown location certainly does not want to be in any conflict with any rate parity issues, thus I look foward to hearing from you very soon. Once again, I would like to solve any issues for all of our guests on a personal basis and hope everyone feels welcome at the Days Inn Vancouver Downtown. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I love staying at the Days Inn in Vancouver. The location can't be beat! I arrived by float plane from Victoria and enjoyed a short walk to the hotel. I was in town for a conference and didn't feel like paying outrageous conference hotel rates. The Days Inn was just two blocks to the conference which is convenient enough for me and I got a great rate which was a fraction of the conference hotel rate.

Although it is located in Vancouver's financial district which is perfect for business, it is highly accessible to Robson Street and Pacific Centre - just a few blocks again - for shopping or dining during the evenings! Being just a couple of blocks from Robson or the Waterfront makes this an ideal spot for tourists. Leave the car at home, you won't need it!

But the absolute best part is the incredible value. The price is reasonable and all of the staff are courteous and attentive. The rooms are modern, clean, and spacious complete with 37" flat screen televisions! I was upgraded to a suite and loved having the sofa, microwave, and mini fridge. The mini fridge even included free bottled water! I also love that it's not a business hotel that 'nickels and dimes' you to pay for internet like the higher end brands - it's free!

Even though you're right in the heart of downtown, the location is extremely quiet because it's in the financial district....but you're never too far away from the action. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. As far as I'm concerned, this is my permanent home when in Vancouver for business or pleasure!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank dforce
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel. We are quite lucky that our ideal location allows our guests to be in the heart of downtown; close to shopping, sightseeing and of course the Convention Centre. Even with our central location sometimes it’s still nice to get a bit of a helping hand. Which is why we are pleased to offer complimentary downtown drop off shuttle service. Thank you again for taking the time to post this review and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future
Irvine, CA
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Great location if you're needing a place to stay the night before a cruise. It's an easy 5 minute walk to Canada Place from where the cruise ships embark.

The room was clean . . . and as other reviewers noted, tiny. (If you're bound for a cruise, this will get you ready for your ship's stateroom). I would definitely stay here again if we cruise again from Vancouver.

Please note that downtown Vancouver kind of shuts down at night, so make your dinner plans accordingly.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mediaxfer
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 18, 2010

This is a basic days inn. No frills people. BUT, it was clean, and located in the right place. It was in downtown Vancouver, accessible by all busses, within walking distance to all the shops, and to Granville Street with all the pubs and clubs.

Clean white sheets, comfortable blankets, and the bathroom was spotless. The room was tiny, but I didn't come to Vancouver to see the inside of a hotel room. There's also a small fridge in the room, and they stock it with complementary bottled water.

I was concerned about which Vancouver hotel to book, but for the price and location you can't go wrong with the Days Inn.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, October 28, 2010
Oct 26th 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us.
We really appreciate you found our hotel to be very clean and in a very good location.
We are delighted that you will use our facility again when you go on a cruise in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to write the review about our hotel, and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Ish Awan
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I grabbed a room at the Days Inn downtown at the last minute as I had a meeting at a clients office in the next block. I had checked people in for my company at the Days Inn during the 1980's and 1990s as it was the most reasonable cost hotel in the downtown core. It still is.

It's old. There is no hiding it. That's not by default a bad thing. It can be charming and mmemorable. They have done a great job to try to keep it retro-ed and updated. But there is only so much you can do. My room was small. Most seem to surround the elevator doors and the noise that comes with middle aged, middle management folks cut loose in the city on an expense account to go to a conference a couple of blocks away at the Trade and Convention Centre can be an issue.

I was in room 303(?) with the bright light outside the window illuminating the front street sign outside my window. Other than being woken up as the post dinner meeting crowd tumbling out of the elevator 3 metres from my door at 11 pm, I woke up repeatedly thinking it was a sunny day in Vancouver as the outside lamp burned holes around the curtains all night. Breakfast cost $20.

I checked out in the AM with a $200 bill (inc breakfast, off season Oct 4 2010). I think that's a deal for the Vancouver downtown core. But I prefer a short Skytrain ride to the burbs and a nicer hotel with big rooms and modern facilities for less than half the price.

If staying downtown is your preference and you are not looking for an epic hotel experience and you are looking to save a few bucks by finding a cheap downtown hotel, the Days Inn is OK. I'm not fussy in hotels. I travel over 200 days a year. Hotels are for me are pure utility. Sleep, food, clean, internet, quiet... at a decent price. Forget the spa and aroma therapy and bed turndown service (I like to lie in bed in my tighty whities watching TV usually when the nice lady knocks on the door to turn down the bed. It's not a pleasant visual. Don't dwell on it).

For $3.75 and a 20 minute Skytrain ride, you'll save a hundred bucks a night and have a great sleep (see my review on La Quinta in Richmond).

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Oct 08th 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review about our hotel, from your busy schedule.
We really appreciate that you remembered our hotel, when you had your people checked into our Hotel during the 1980’s and 1990’s.

Yes our hotel is one of the oldest hotels in the city and has been a hotel since 1918. Major renovations have been done to keep up to the present standard.
The hotel’s proximity to the Vancouver Trade and Convention Centre, the Cruise Ship Terminal, the Financial District and all tourist attractions make our hotel a reasonable place to stay.
We are very sorry that you were woken up by the post dinner crowd at 11 pm, and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Ish Awan
St. Augustine
Reviewed September 23, 2010

My husband and I stayed one night following our cruise. The front desk staff were very friendly and accomodated our early arrival. They were helpful with dining, transportation and area information. Great location for exploring downtown Vancouver. Clean and comfortable. The down points were no views, a window a/c unit, and one small elevator.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple