“Expect to be disappointed”

Days Inn Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #65 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
san francisco
“Expect to be disappointed”
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I stayed at this location 3 days and it was to much.I have travelled to over 60 countries in 10 years.The room I was assigned to was tiny and dark with a beautiful view ( a wall !!!!), and we had bugs next time I would sleep in the street!!!! And the Valet but Clyde or Clive whatever wasn't very helpful he didn't help me with my luggage, he was hidding in his spot and having fun with his laptop that's nice. I had to carry all my luggage by myself.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
DaysInnDwntwn, Ish Awan, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, April 12, 2010
Dear Wayne93,

I must sincerely apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. It is our goal to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that we have taken your review very seriously, and have made changes with the Valet, and he is no longer working with us.

If you have any questions, concerns, or wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 604.681.4335 x 761. I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and it is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hertfordshire UK
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Second time here.Good location.Valet parking.
Nice rooms .Lift is small and slow is the only complaint.
Pub downstairs thats nice.
20 minute walk to everywhere.
15 to Gastown.
Would recommend and stay again.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
WA
Reviewed October 16, 2009

We had a good stay at the Days Inn Vancouver with my husband and his younger brother. Upon check-in we were pleasantly surprised by the spacious, well-kept (if dark) rooms. Everything was entirely adequate, aside from a surprise valet parking charge on arrival. However, upon check-out we asked if we could leave our rental vehicle in the spot the valet attendant parked it in (outside the front door) while we had a quick breakfast before leaving Vancouver. The receptionist agreed and we left for 45 minutes. Upon returning, the car had been towed! Fortunately the impound lot was not too far away and the hotel agreed to pay some of the cost (but not all, because we had technically assumed responsibility for the car when we were given back our keys). Bottom line: I recommend the hotel, but be careful where you/the valet parks your car!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
calgary
Reviewed August 7, 2009

this is pretty plain Jane, but good value for the money and a good location. I would stay here again, unlike the Sheraton Wall centre which should be avoided.

Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Baltimore
Reviewed July 15, 2009

We stayed at the Days Inn, Pender Street, for one night before taking the Rocky Mountaineer to Banff. Though the room was small it was comfortable and very well kept. The location is very convenient for visiting the waterfront area of Vancouver and is easy walking distance to Gastown as well. Extremely convenient for a pre-cruise stay. Hotel also provides a shuttle and staff is friendly and helpful.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mdpooh
Ohio
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for one night because of the convenient location to the inner Pier where you embark on the cruises leaving from Vancouver. Its a walk away so no need to get a taxi to the pier. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the hotel shows its age. They upgraded our room to a larger room, but even with that the room was so very small we could hardly set up our suitcase without tripping over it. The bathrooms are tiny, only room for one, and the shower quite cramped. For the location, it was ideal, but not somewhere I would suggest staying for more than one or 2 nights.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OhioTravelinFools
Toronto
Reviewed May 9, 2009

I initially booked my trip at Moda's boutique hotel but I could get a good rate so I canceled my reservation with Moda and stayed at Days Inn...
I visited Vancouver during the Passover holiday so I didn't have any problems with the noise as some other reviews mentioned. The financial district is dead on holidays but it's safe to walk around. I am a girl who likes to discover the city by myself so safety is not an issue in this location.
You don't get the best view, but you can't really ask for a view when you're right in the heart of the Financial District. And you gotta think about the rate they offer and what you're expecting for.
For those who are taking the cruise, Days Inn have an awesome location. It's only a block away from the pier. Also, if you're just walking around downtown, everything is walking distance. I was very familiarized with the area on my second day. Gastown, Robson Street and Stanley Park are all walking distance plus, the hotel offers a free transportation service from the hotel to any location in downtown.
I get pissed off when I stay in a hotel and the room is not clean. After a long day, you just wanna sleep in clean sheets. Days Inn is an old building but I couldn't complain about the cleanliness. I was very satisfied.
The people who work there were very friendly so I have no complaints. However, I'm not the type of ordering room service since I'm only back to the hotel to sleep...so in regards to that, I can't say much.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel for newly couples on honeymoon. For those travelers who want a clean and comfortable room, with good access to main sightseeing spots at a good rate, this is a good hotel to stay in.
Another thing is that they have free internet. Not all hotels at this price range have it so...
If you're a traveler like me, who is not worried about the amenities the hotel offers (i.e. pool, fitness club), just want a clean, safe, comfortable and affordable place to crash...i would recommend this hotel. But if you're planning a girls getaway or a romantic weekend with your lover, this is not the place to stay. I would suggest to pay more and get a better hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo