“good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Calgary
“good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

good hotel, downtown location, rooms clean and comfortable. 2nd floor business centre not marked, good once you find it.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Sampej,
WOW, I guess you were the first one to use our Business Centre!
It has now a proper sign on the door, we placed one in the elevator as well an one at the Front Desk.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Vancouver. Best

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kelowna
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

House keeping came into our room at 7.30 am woke all of us up including our 16 month old child, then again at 8.15. Rooms are very small and there is no thermostat to control the hearer. the first night we froze because he left the heater off, the second night we cooked because we had the heater on. even when the heater is on the lowest setting the room still gets way to hot.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Luke,
Thank you so much for your review. I just went to the room (510) you occupied. The unit is working fine.
Every room has a Carrier unit and the guest turns it on/off and can select 3 different options: fan, heat or cool. If you select heat or cool you have 2 more options: low or high and a thermostat that goes from 1 to 10 so the room temperature caters to our particular preference.
In regards to housekeeping, our housekeepers start the day at 8 am. They first clean rooms that have checked out and after they knock on rooms that don't have the Do Not Disturb sign to start the day. Your feedback is very important to us, I will look into maybe having our housekeeping department knock on the doors with no sign after 9:00 am on the weekend.
I am sorry to hear you did not have a pleasant experience at our property. Warm regards to you and your family.

Travelers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Its located a stone's throw away from the Convention center and City Center from where all the attractions and tours begin. Amidst all 5 star hotels, this one may not appeal to the elite, but then it is the best one to stay close to the downtown for a budgeted traveler.
Highly recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: Doesn't really make a difference. All are in proximity to the elevator.
2 Thank Xlnc47
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear valued guest,
I agree with you 100%. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this positive review about us. Best!!!
Matera, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was at Days inn Vancouver downtown hotel from 09-27-13 to 01-10-13.

I received the receipt for a total amount of 1.160,28 Canadian dollars and I paid it by my credit card

coming back home I found two charges in hotel's favour checking my card bank account for the following amounts 844,64 and 181,99 euros for a total amount of 1026,63 euros (1446,93 Canadian dollars).
I mailed to the Hotel asking for the overcharging and their reply was they charged 250 CAD for their no smoking policy.
Funny enough nobody of us smoked in the room but only outside the washroom window, but worst of all the over charge for smoking in the room was neither mentioned in my bill, nor the receptionist told me about the withdraw on my credit card.
After my enquiring about the difference between the withdraw and the bill they sent me a new receipt copy different from the previous one, this time the 250 CAD were mentioned and the total amount was the same charged on my credit card.
I wrote to the General Manager Ms Hanna, but I haven't got any reply yet!
In addition the staff was pretty rude, not English speaking chambermaids, dusty and dirty room and haired bath!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Mr. Giacinto,
I answered your email as soon as I returned from our Thanksgiving Holiday.
At check-in as a Standard Operating Procedure our Front Desk Staff mentiones the 250 fine for smoking and asks the guest to sign the registration card which I scanned and emailed you. Smoking is banned in all public spaces and workplace as of March 2008 within a 3 metre radius of doors, open windows and air intakes.
I am sorry, nevertheless, this is a rule you signed up for and we had to place the room out of order for a couple of days as it is not fair for a guest purchasing a smoke free environment to get such a room.
Sincerely
Holon, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Wow, the best chice I have ever made when choosing a hotel - was to choose Days Inn Vancouver Downtown! The rates were great, the hotel itself is perfectly located just 1 block from Canada Center... great service, comfort beds, free Wi-Fi, nice restaurant for breakfast and lunch... just 1 block from the metro and SkyTrain... what can I say? I will go back there anytime!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not near the elevator, would be more quite
Dear Elad,
On behalf of all the staff and myself, Thank You So Much for your fabulous review and putting a smile on our face. All the best!