“Perfect location”

Days Inn Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #66 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed January 7, 2013

A nice hotel and great location. We enjoyed a weekend in Vancouver and from this locaiton we could walk everywhere downtown.
The room waas clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good with the voucher they give but a little expensive and was easy to go over the voucher limit.
Parking is bad as you need to go to parkade a five min walk.
I would definatly stay there again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can on the hotel. Since it is a shorter building you will find it hard to get a wi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you, very much for your recent stay with us, and taking the time out your busy schedule to write a very positive review about our hotel.
We are very pleased you found the accommodation clean and comfortable, and walking distances to places of interest.
The hotel has been here since 1918 we do not have our own parking lot on site, and we had to find one that was closer to the hotel, and the only one we could use was the parking lot 2 blocks away from the hotel with secure facilities.
Thank you, for bring the WIFI connection to our attention and we are please to advise you that the problem has been fixed , as we had a malfunction router in the ceiling.
We certainly appreciate that you will be coming back to our to hotel to stay with us, and if there anything else I can do please do not hesitate to e mail us.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Vancouver Downtown

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here while attending a show at the convention center.
The location is so convenient, ashort walk to conv center short walk to sky train and to many great restaurants. I'll be staying here again if ever back to Vancouver. The only downside of our stay is that the elevator was in repair so a lot off stairs up to our room. Oh well that'll be fixed soon.

3  Thank geodoctor
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you, for your recent stay with us,and we really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a positive review about our hotel.
Thank you, and we hope to serve you again in the near future, and want to wish you all the Best for the Seasons and Happy Holdiays

Reviewed December 4, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Adam M

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We arrived early at the hotel and just wanted to drop our bags at the hotel. Surprisingly, they already had a room ready for us. That was nice! The room was OK, and clean. The lady at the reception was very helpful and friendly. Price was a bit high considering there was no breakfast included. At least wifi was free and they also had a computer in the lobby you can use.

Would consider this hotel again, but probably only if the Ramada Limited Downtown Vancouver is full or much more expensive.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patm82
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you, very much for your recent stay with us, and we sincerely apologize for the invonvenience caused due to the Elevator being out of service, as it is been upgraded to serve our guest better.
We appreciate the positive review about our hotel, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.
Thank you, for your stay, and Best Wishes for the Seasons and Happy Holidays

Reviewed December 1, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EmmanuelPaquio
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
SMITHERS
Reviewed November 27, 2012

There are many things I like about the hotel which is why it is always my choice when in Vancouver.....4 blocks from the LRT and airport, central located, clean and most times quiet.
However I was there two nights Fri and Sat on the third floor, the elevator was down and out, I needed a good night sleep for a important all day course and meeting I paid a lot of money to attend. I got little sleep until 3 am thanks to young party animals across the hall from my room 313.....lucky 313 !!! Was not impressed at all.....this is the first time for this kind of thing in your hotel, hopefully the last.....it will be the last for me if ever it happens again.....last year and the year before I brought manager ISH and the hotel additional guests/business numerous times!!! LRT schedule on Sunday`s was not something staff was aware of....I had aearly flight, wake up call for 5 am went down to the skytrain entrance it was gated....walked back in the dark to hotel, they said it would open ate 5:45, walked back downthere waited and waited never opened, walked back to the hotle they said it should be open, try Waterfront main entrance....walked down there it was closed.....someone told me then the Skytrain does not open on Sunday`s until 7:00 AM....took a taxi and almost missed my flight....staff should now Sunsay Skytrain hours.....I have no problem taking a taxi if required....however I did not know, I am not from Vancouver !!! She was vey nice looking up and reconfirming my flight departure time, just a little weak on Skytrain hours causing me much trouble and early morning stress!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Valued Guest.
Thank you for your recent stay with us and bringing this to our attention, and please accept my sincere apologizies for the unpleasant stay you had with us.
It is always our attention and service that all our guests have a pleasant stay with us, and also have a good night sleep to begin there day well rested.
I would also like to apologize for the desk clerk not knowing the Sky Train schedule, and that is not acceptable while working at the desk.Please be asure that this kind of service will not happen again to future guests, and once again my apologizes.
I really appreciate all the business that you have given to us, and would love to hear from you.Please do call me at the hotel number.
Once again please accept my sincere apologizes, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed November 25, 2012