“Good stay in Vancouver” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Bucksport
“Good stay in Vancouver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

We recently (Sept 2011) stayed at the Days Inn in downtown Vancouver. We had a very positive experience. The room was clean, they let us check in early at no additional charge also. We came off a cruise ship and were able to walk to the hotel, it was that close to the pier, luggage and all. The desk staff were friendly, and polite and the room was clean. If you need to stay in the downtown port area this is a good choice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank mikeandmickey
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be an ideal choice for your cruise vacation. Our location is hard to beat for convenience as we are within walking distance to the cruise terminal and for those who don't wish to walk, we also offer a complimentary shuttle service. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Marblehead, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel has a great location - a short walk to Vancouver's waterfront, the center of most tourist activity. But the hotel shows its age. The single, crowded elevator is inadequate to the demand, especially since guest arrive in bunches as they come and go from cruise ships. Our electronic keys were very difficult to use, both for access to the elevator and to enter our room. Our original room, #605, was tiny and, if the bathroom door was left open, the bed faced the toilet bowl. We objected politely and were rewarded with a suite at no extra charge. This was a huge change for the better, allowing us and our friends to convene comfortabley for a cocktail before heading out to dinner.
Overall, the place is bland, the furniture often chipped or stained, and the rooms and halls lack any visual attraction. Oddly, there were two tvs in our suite, one in each room, but the only phone was in the second room. The downstairs restaurant was just ok for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We believe we offer unbeatable value in the heart of downtown Vancouver. While our hotel is not for everyone, we do offer clean rooms, friendly service, and a great location at a price that is hard to beat. Some of our rooms are indeed small. However, we do have enough variety of guest rooms that we can typically find a room to suit everyone's needs. Our front desk staff are fully trained and empowered to deal with all guest concerns promptly and courteously. We are always doing our best to keep our hotel up to date. Recently, we introduced white sheeting with beautiful bed scarves which add a modern element to our rooms. I am sorry if the decor in our rooms was not to your personal taste. We do everything that we can to ensure every guest stay is comfortable. I do hope that you will consider us again. If I can be of any personal assistance to you or address any further issues, do please contact me at ish@daysinnvancouver.com

Travelers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

new hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

Because of some grumpy reviews I was a bit worried because this hotel was cheaper than many nearby; but I stayed just under a week, used the valet parking, and was totally happy with my room and the service. It is in a beautiful location, I walked around late at night and felt that it was safe. The rooms are a bit small, but I found them perfectly functional, not the just-remodeled glitz you would see in fancier hotels, but no problems with noise or cleanliness, as some reviews claimed. My friends were in the Westin paying $50 for wireless when I got it for free!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank nani s
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. Although some of our rooms may be small, we have a lot to offer including a convenient location, safe environment, friendly staff along with comfortable rooms and many complimentary amenities. We pride ourselves on the value that we offer in the heart of downtown Vancouver which is very hard for our competitors to beat. We hope to see you again soon.
ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Our family of 10 stayed at this hotel pre-cruise in July 2011. The rooms were very small the doors did not close properly. The air conditioners did not fully cool off the rooms. You could hear seagulls perched outside in the mornings.This was originally an old hotel poorly renovated. Don't think it measures up to current Days Inn Standards. Restaurant downstairs for breakfast was ok. Had a long wait for elevator. Shuttle was good to take us down to cruise terminal.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. Although we do have small rooms in the hotel which may not be suitable for all, we do have alternatives that offer much more space and we are happy to upgrade you to those rooms if requested. Being a downtown hotel and near to the waterfront, we are unable to control the seagulls and I am sorry that they disturbed you in the morning. I am unsure what you mean by the doors not closing properly. However, I would be willing to look into this further if you can supply me with additional information. We take all guests' concerns very seriously and do everything that we can to rectify them to ensure every guest stay is satisfying. Please know that your satisfaction is important to us and we will do everything to ensure that future stays with us are enjoyable. If you wish to discuss your recent stay further, please contact me at ish@daysinnvancouver.com
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

Location was convenient to downtown, Gastown, and the Cruise Center

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed our location. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed here Aug. 7 to 10, 2011 precruise. We had enough points for one free night and paid for the other 2 nights. It was a most convenient hotel to stay in order to enjoy the many attractions in Vancouver such as the 2 day trolley tour we took.
The hotel itself is fine if you are flying in. Not sure about parking but there are many parking places in the area. Not cheap though. We were put on the 7th floor but the elevator was prompt. You had to use your room card to enter it from the lobby.
The room had a double bed, closet, bathroom with just shower. No free "start the day" breakfast such as the other Days Inns in smaller towns. It did have free WIFI which was great for us.
It did have a coffee maker and what we used was always replenished. So were the soaps, shampoos, etc. in the bathroom.
The receptionists at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and kept that way. Check in and check out was prompt.
We were just 3-1/2 blocks from Canada Place so we walked there (it houses the cruise terminal) and was downhill.
There was a convention in the area with thousands of graphic designers and we were fortunate that we booked far enough ahead as some on the ship had trouble getting accommodation at a reasonable price and ended up spending double we did.
The hotel does have a restaurant which is open for breakfast and lunch - not dinner but there are many restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: rooms are fine.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J0hanna7
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be convenient. We do actually offer a valet parking service for a fee to all of our guests. In regards to breakfast, although we do not offer a complimentary breakfast, we do offer numerous packages on our website that include breakfast and/or parking. We are also pleased to offer a number of other amenities including complimentary bottled water and free wireless internet access. Please don't hesitate to call us in the future if we can be of any assistance. We would be happy to find the best package to suit your needs. Thank you again for choosing to stay at our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Banff, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in February of 2011. This is an older hotel that has been very well renovated and looks stunning! Clean, bright lobby. Check in was smooth. Very friendly and welcoming staff that were very knowledgeable about the city. Room was great- clean and tidy. Washroom was perfect and looked new. Consistent pressure and temperature. Nice towels and sheets- they did not cheap out. Free Wi-Fi in the hotel, which worked flawless. Room had TV with decent channel line-up and a mini fridge that was whisper quiet. Safe in room is a good idea. Close to Sky Train stations! The hotel is in an area that is pretty safe, and having lived in Vancouver previously for a year- I knew what to expect. This was a good area in a safe neighborhood... however a freak accident really set this hotel, staff and its guests apart from any other stay. I had just gotten back from meetings and was taking a taxi back... the taxi overshot the hotel and dropped my off on the other side of Hornby St. I was walking back with my laptop case over my shoulder and was steps away from the hotel. I guess I was watching a man pushing something down the street that I did not see what happened, but some low life hooligan threw me to the ground an kicked me in the leg and tried grabbing my laptop bag. It had wound itself around my arm so this person was trying to rip my arm off to get my laptop. I tried in vein to push the bag off my arm while screaming for help that seemed an eternity... finally the bag came off and the thug was gone, but next thing I know the thug is being attacked on the street in front of the hotel. Guests and staff came streaming out of the hotel doors and the wannabe thug is being attacked himself. I see him and several people run off. I remember a staff member, male, in uniform lifting me off the sidewalk and helping me to the hotel. I don't remember his name or face... but thank God for him. They brought me to the lobby. Several people from the Lounge had heard about the robbery and came out to my defense. Next thing I know a person in a cowboy hat with rolled up sleeves brings me my laptop. He did not have to risk his life for it. Another staff member called Police and several officers came by. I went to stay with friends in Kamloops that night. A co-worker checked me out in the morning. I never got a chance to say thank-you to the staff member that helped me or the other guests at the hotel that came to my aid, and the cowboy that retrieved my computer. I sent a letter to the manager praising his night employees. This is a nice hotel in a good area, but like any downtown big city- you need to stay street wise, and make sure you know what is going on around you. I do not in any way blame the attack on the hotel and credit them for their quick- thinking staff members.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
11 Thank Ashleyloves2travel
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this story of heroic hospitality at our hotel. I am relieved to hear that you are alright and that nobody was seriously hurt. We are located in the heart of Vancouver's financial district which is generally an incredibly safe area but naturally being in a big city, there are always exceptions. I am very sorry to hear of this incident but I am pleased to hear that our staff were able to assist you and diffuse a situation that could have been far worse. Thank you for the letter that you sent to our hotel. As a manager, I am very proud of the way our staff handled this and will be sure to pass on your kind feedback once again. If we can ever be of assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.