“Hotel is good and close to the convention centre” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #66 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Hotel is good and close to the convention centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed at the hotel when i attended a conference at the convention centre. I have stayed in this hotel 3 times now (for the same reason). It is about 5 mins walk to the centre from the hotel.

The hotel is cheaper than the others near the convention centre but is a fine place to stay. It is a fairly standard hotel. rooms are fine, nothing out of the ordinary. The irish bar in the hotel is a good place to get a drink and doesnt cause any noise in the hotel.

good place to stay and i will stay here again next time i come back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SteveBGlasgow
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Thanks Mr. SteveBGlasgow- I appreciate all your comments and look forward to accommodating you when you are in Vancouver again! We are a popular choice for conventions as we are only a short 3-5 minute walk to the Vancouver Convention Centre. I hope you took advantage of our complimentary wireless Internet access as many guests appreciate not having to pay and extra fee. Thanks again and look forward to accommodating you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
somerset
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

We got the skytrain from the train station to our hotel which was about a 5 min walk away. Very good location and due to other reviews we did not have breakfast at the hotel. Instead we took advantage of the many coffee shops within close walking distance which was brilliant and less money than the hotel breakfast. We had bottled water every day although dont leave the bottle in the fridge with a tiny amount in as they wont give you another one!There was a computer with printer in the lobby so were able to print our boarding cards!I We were on the top floor facing the road so were a little hesitant about outside noise but in actual fact it was fine - until the morning!! The cleaners have a staff room on the top floor that has their washing machines etc in it so we were woken every morning with the staff coming to work, chatting outside our room while they were waiting for the lift and then the noise of their big trolleys being pushed into the lift! They were in no way quiet what so ever and had no respect for visitors who were most probably asleep at 7am.

However, the hotel was clean, comfortable and good value and would definitley stay again but would request not to be located near the staff room!! can only imagine what it woudl have been like to be located immediately next to or underneath it!

Room Tip: located away from the staff room & to the rear
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! We are glad that you were generally satisfied with the property and apologize sincerely that you were woken by the staff. Our cleaners do begin work quite early in the morning, so I will definitely take your comment to our head housekeeper who can then in turn advise the staff to take extra caution with voice levels. I appreciate any and all kinds of feedback and will use your suggestion to improve guest satisfaction!

Thanks again for choosing the Days Inn Vancouver Downtown.
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

I work in the hotel industry and for a different Brand and I want to say we stayed here overnight to leave for a cruise the next morning. This is hotel is perfect! It is very clean, comfortable, and the staff is one of the best I have ever met.

Yes the hotel is not NEW but it has everything you need and more and does not charge the high prices the newer hotels charge.

You cannot go wrong staying here. Great location, CLEAN, FRIENDLY what more can you ask for.

2 Thank Costello1
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback for us! I hope that you enjoyed your cruise and will be able to come back to Vancouver to enjoy the city for a little longer. We are indeed very close to Canada Place where the cruise ships dock and for this reason, many travellers choose us for pre-cruise and post-cruise stays.

Thanks again!
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

We stayed recently in this Days Inn on a mini vacayion to visit Vancouver and environs.
Although this is a small property and somewhat dated it has been renovated in the early part of 00''s. Our room was spacious and well appointed, including a small fridge.
The hotel has a European flavour with one small elevator serving the 8 floors.
The staff was very courteous and helpful ( I had made an error on my reservation).
There is a small restaurant in the lower level for breakfast. Although we chose to go to one of the many food courts for breakfast.
The hotel is located 2 blocks from the harbour and is close to the new convention centre.
All in all our stay was most enjoyable.
My only caution would be parking. Although the hoteloffers valet parking elsewhere, we opted for self parking in adjacent buildings. It was a bit of a nightmare. Each lot having its own automated machine and tickets. My advice, hold your breath,read the screen on the machine attentively (there may be a second page) and read the ticket. It may go with you,it may stay in the car or you may use it to pay for your stay.

1 Thank Tytaany
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to write a review for us. It is unfortunate that due to our location, parking is not the simplest task and I am sorry that you had a little bit of difficulty with it in Vancouver. However, I hope that your stay was enjoyable enough to bring you back into the city to our hotel again!
Phuket
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

Stayed for 5 nights at the Days Inn Vancouver Downtown and had a fantastic time.
The hotel are very clean, comfortable , well decorated & comfy beds.
Located a few blocks from the Canada Place & Vancouver Convention centre,
within walking distance to Robson street , Shopping Mall and Gas Town.
The complimentary free Wifi is great.
We had a good time staying in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear guest,

I appreciate the time you took to write a review about your recent stay at the hotel. I am glad that you were able to stay within the Downtown core at the property. Hopefully you will return to Vancouver and choose us once again!
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

We stayed at the Vancouver Days Inn for one night following a cruise. I was very pleased with the value I received. I booked a rate online which included a breakfast voucher.
The location is excellent. 2 blocks from the cruise terminal and the transit station(s), 2 blocks from Gastown, walking distance to anywhere in downtown. Free Wifi is included and the front desk staff are very friendly and helpful.
Yes, the rooms are a little smaller than most American hotels, but are on a par with most European hotels. I did not feel cramped at all. We enjoyed our short stay at the Days Inn.

Room Tip: Book on the Days Inn website
3 Thank SLM57
Dear guest from California,

Thank you for your kind review and nice words for our staff! I am glad that you felt like your stay was a good value and I hope to have you at the hotel again should you choose to stay for a longer time in Vancouver.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

I lost my passport somewhere in customs, and had to spend a few days downtown, close to the embassies. Mr Awan was most helpful to me, even offering his own computer for my use, as my iphone was stolen as well. The hotel was a lifeline to me in the midst of a nasty jam. Thank you Mr Awan.

• Stayed December 2010
3 Thank Adearthic
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Dear Sir,
Thank you, for staying with us, and taking the time to write a review.
I am glad that I was helpful, in providing the services to you.
We hope that you will come back, and stay with us, in the near future.