Days Inn Vancouver Downtown
Fairmont Pacific Rim(Vancouver)
Fairmont Waterfront(Vancouver)
Hyatt Regency Vancouver(Vancouver)
1,228 results
All reviewscanada placegreat locationcruise terminalhardwood floorsvancouver downtownwaterfront stationan older hotelpre cruise staywalking distanceconvention centerbudget hotelmini fridgeshort stayfew blocksone night staycouple blocksbed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I lost my passport somewhere in customs, and had to spend a few days downtown, close to the embassies. Mr Awan was most helpful to me, even offering his own computer for my use, as my iphone was stolen as well. The hotel was a lifeline to me in the midst of a nasty jam. Thank you Mr Awan.

• Stayed: December 2010
3  Thank Adearthic
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Dear Sir,
Thank you, for staying with us, and taking the time to write a review.
I am glad that I was helpful, in providing the services to you.
We hope that you will come back, and stay with us, in the near future.

Reviewed April 30, 2011

I was qutoed on price by Priceline and charged another by this hotel. They tried to pawn off the smallest room I have ever seen in Vancouver and charged extra for moving.
Not very helpful staff and an air of complacency when you ask for anything such as parking help or directions.
We won't be back to Days Inn. In downtown Vancouver the Century Plaza was a much better deal.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dlcyh
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry that you were not pleased with the room that you reserved. Certain room types in the hotel are smaller than others. To change room types to a larger room may incur an additional fee depending on the circumstances as different room types carry different rates. Also, it is much easier for hotels to be flexible on amending bookings when reservations are made directly with the hotel and not a third party website. If you find a better rate on another website, most hotels will match that rate.

I want to assure you that guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we will do everything that we can to rectify any outstanding issues and earn your loyalty. Please contact me directly at ish@daysinnvancouver.com so that I can receive additional information and review the specific details of your most recent stay. I will ensure that we make things right for you. My staff and I are commited to doing everything possible to ensure each and every guest stay is satisfying. I'm sorry once again that you were disappointed with your last stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

Pros:
The rooms are clean.
Great helpful staff.
Good location between Robson St and the waterfront.
Free WiFi
Big TV
Price avg $100/night

Cons:
Postage stamp sized rooms
No Table
There would not be enough room to have 2 people in the room at one time!
The a/c/heater unit is loud and blocks your sightline.

If you do book a room, make sure to ask for a street view room. All the other rooms have windows but they all look out to a concrete wall! Very closterphobic enviroment.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank RDSchro
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at our property. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our location, staff, and cleanliness. We are proud of the high levels of quality and service that we provide.

I am sorry that you were not pleased with the size of your standard double room. As our building was constructed in 1918, we do have limitations. However, we do offer various room types with varying amounts of space. I am confident that if you make a reservation directly with our Front Desk staff that we would be able to find a room that will suit your needs.

If you do find yourself in Vancouver again, please e-mail ish@daysinnvancouver.com and I would be happy to personally make a reservation for you in one of our more spacious guest rooms. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2011

This hotel is in a great location, right in downtown, within walking distance to the waterfront and convention center, and a great pub right nextdoor. The hotel is in an old building, small old elevator, small little rooms, but a nice big LCD t.v.. The "restaurant" was tiny and a bit overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and commenting on your most recent trip. I hope that you enjoyed your stay in our cozy and quaint historic hotel. Although our hotel was originally built in 1918, we are constantly seeking ways to improve the guest experience and keep our rooms up to date with amenities like our 37" flat screen LCD televisions. If there is anything else that we can do to better meet your expectations and serve your needs such as finding you a more spacious room, please don't hesitate to let us know. We look forward to welcoming you again on a future visit.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

My colleague and I stayed just one night while attending our Mary Kay conference at Canada Place conference center. Two VERY comfortable regular beds and complimentary decaf and regular coffee....also water..; Clean hot shower and good temperature control in the room. Our room was quiet. The elevator had security. We were a short 5 minute walk to our conference. Complementary map. Wake up call. Soooo impressed because all the other hotels in the area were considerably more expensive. Smart to have the 14 day early reservation (best price) but there were other options online to include breakfast or redeem sky train tickets. Days Inn staff were efficient. They gladly stowed our luggage while we attended the conference. Kudos.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
DaysInnDwntwn, General Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for your reservation while attending your conference. We are glad that everything was suitable to your needs. Our early booking incentive is definitely a great option for those who are certain that they will be requiring rooms for certain dates of stay. Hopefully you will come back to the property for your next stay in Downtown Vancouver! Thank you again.