“Great brunch”
Review of Oru Cuisine - CLOSED

Oru Cuisine
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Burrard Street
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great brunch”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Although pricey, the brunch here is fabulous. Omelet station, eggs benedict station, fresh pastries and cinnamon rolls. Great service. Yum!

1 Thank Momopies

• Korean first
Carlsbad, California
“Worst in Vancouver”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

The food here was too off the wall for even my husband.....the corn soup that he ordered tasted like coconut...they said coconut was in it, but to be the main flavor was awful. My sandwich was close to inedible. I did manage to eat dessert and that was the best part of the meal. The head of the restaurant offered to pay for our meal (we did not let her), that gives you an idea of how bad it ws.

• Visited July 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Surprising evening”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I will start this review by stating that I was looking forward to our dinner here based on the reviews on TA but within 5 minutes of being seated I was expecting the worst. First, the restaurant was less than 10% full (albeit on a Sunday evening) which concerned me when more established restaurants in Vancouver were fully booked for the same evening. Second, our server came over and advised us that the two dishes we were looking forward to most based on the online menu - bacon croquettes and bone in rib eye steak - were unavailable. After that I expected to pay a bundle for a meal I didn't even want but I am pleased to report our experience turned out better than anticipated. The reason for the missing menu dishes is the menu was changing within a day or two so be warned if you were looking at the online menu as of August 17 and don't expect the same dishes on August 18 or thereafter. Probably best to call to find out what the new menu looks like so you are not disappointed. We eventually landed on the kalua pork belly appetizer which blew our minds it was perfectly cooked and just incredible and then the olive bread to start didn't stand a chance to my wife, the bread expert, she gobbled down 2 loaves of it. For our mains we had the tomato and quinoa as well as the sablefish and chorizo which were both flawless although my wife said she grew tired of the quinoa after several mouthfuls. I finished her dish and thought it was fantastic considering it was vegan. There were times when I was wondering what was taking so long for our dishes to come out in this empty restaurant but I understood the answer after tasting the dishes - great food takes time. I'm not sure what their next menu will look like but I am looking forward to finding out in a few months when we return. Service was very good and the food was excellent. We tried Yew a few weeks back and quite enjoyed it and while the atmosphere and energy is better at Yew, the food was a notch higher at Oru.

West Vancouver, Canada
“We were made to feel specdial”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We went to Oru for a special lunch, it was great! Family was visiting from the UK and we wanted a special lunch that would express how happy we were to see them here and how much we had missed them. Oru came through big time. We had three adults, one Vegan and a six year old. Interesting combo but absolutely no problem for the staff and kitchen at Oru. The six year old was made to feel like she was sixteen, the Vegan was beside herself with happiness over the food and service and the other three adults had silly big smiles on their faces. The service was spot on, the food was as one might expect, spectacular and as the host I was one happy camper. One must make special mention of Rebecca and Michelle both of whom were just delightful, welcoming and “special” in the care and attention they gave all of us. Oru is not one of the cheapest restaurants in Vancouver, but then it is one of the very best.

Vancouver, Canada
“Anniversary date, wonderful dinner.”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Took the wife to oru for great food and drinks. I had the cellebateur cocktail drink which was surprisingly awesome considering I dont really drink grapefruit in my vodka ever. great citrus flavor! Wife had a cab sav and enjoyed it thoroughly. The crab cake croquettes were crispy and tasty especially with the avacado and yellow sauce it was garniahed with. Wife enjoyed the sable fish as she described it as being very moist. My ling cod was to die for. So many diff flavors from the capers and olives to the greens, potatoes, and tomato sauce. The restaurant is on the second floor and away from the main floor busy lively lobby. However inside oru we did note it was a touch louder than we preferred as we were expecting a nice quite dinner. tables were close to each other and the chatter from them all had the place noisier than expexted. But overall great location, decor, service, cleanliness, and flavor of food. Pricier than most restaurants but typical for downtown vancouver restaurants within an expensive hotel. Would come back again.

1 Thank An D