“The Hotel is Wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Oru Cuisine - CLOSED

Oru Cuisine
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Burrard Street
“The Hotel is Wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I came here for Dineout Vancouver 2013. Had the lobster & cous cous entree and was pleasantly surprised by the portion of lobsters they served. The food itself was fine - but not excellent. It was either not very flavourful or the flavours didn't really mix. The restaurant decor was modern, but nothing incredibly impressive. Our table was directly facing the kitchen and something I appreciated was seeing their herbs/greens grown in large flats. At least you know it's fresh! I really only chose this restaurant because of the hotel - I love the Pacific Rim. But, if I were to pay full-price for an upscale restaurant experience, there are other places that I can go.

• Korean first
“Love the environment!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I went there with my family yesterday for Vancouver dine out 2013. At first it was hard to find the entrance to the restaurant but when we get in, it was a beautiful place to eat. The hotel was gorgeous. The food was pretty good, except for the cheese dessert that I don't really like. However, the hostess was nice enough to let me change it to lemon tart instead. I had the duck& rabbit for appetizer, risotto for entree, and lemon tart for dessert. I also tried my parents beef and lobster. Didn't really like the lobster though. I would come back for special occasion for sure. Very nice environment.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Snowwiie
Vancouver, Canada
“A perfect place to get away from it all but still be in your hometown!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Living in Vancouver, there are many restaurants but this hotel restaurant is not what it appears to be....for locals, few would venture to this 'tourist' spot but stepping into Oru, you do not feel like you are in Vancouver, the room is big, but comfy and the views are gorgeous. Service was attentive and menu vast with multicultural options which for lunch on a busy weekday, is nice. Everyone from the doorman to welcome you into the hotel, to the washroom attendant were so warm and friendly....would definitely be coming back!

vancouver, bc
“Good, not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were excited to try Oru. Since it opened a few years ago, the restaurant has had a make over and it looks great. Its a modern yet warm atmosphere. Love the color scheme and ambiance. We ordered crab salad, the sushi sashimi platter & filet mignon oscar. Well, the crab salad was over battered and a bit heavy. I couldn't really taste the delicate crab meat. The sushi was very average. The filet mignon arrived cold. It was actually very tasty, but a little difficult to eat because it was actually cold! With so many amazing restaurants in Vancouver, us Vancouverites are a bit spoiled and look for perfection in our food. Oru was not perfect. It wasn't amazing or great; it was in a word...good. However, I must add after we told our waitress about the steak, she did take a $85 bottle of wine off our bill. If the quality of food improves, Im sure Oru will be a huge success.

Vancouver, Canada
“Five star quality and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ate at Oru on Jan 18 - my second time at this downtown Vancouver gem. Each time, my entire dinner party was impressed with the flawless 5-star service and culinary experience - Appealing wine list, and deliciously prepared creative dishes of generous proportions. Go on, treat yourself. You will be thankful you did.