“Lovely place to stay and homely feel”

Windsor Guest House
Ranked #17 of 53 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here at the end of August and it was just stunning. I had the Edward room on the top floor and Leslie had one of the male guests carry my heavy bag upstairs for me and I was given a glass of cold orange juice. The house is picture perfect and beautifully maintained inside and out. My room even though smaller was clean and comfortable, the best night's sleep I'd had in a while. Breakfasts were amazing, Leslie is a great cook and makes sure you don't leave the house hungry. Close to transport to get into Vancouver on either Skytrain or bus.

Room Tip: If you're a solo traveler the Edward room on the top floor is adorable, shared bathroom but it...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 670AussieTraveller13
There are newer reviews for Windsor Guest House

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed at the Windsor Guest House for two nights in August in the Elizabeth room, which has an ensuite bathroom. The room was clean and the staff were friendly. The guest house is located very conveniently (less then a 5 minute walk to the Skytrain). The location allowed us to easily travel to other areas of the city without very much hassle. The guest house, itself, is located in a residential neighborhood and is quiet at night. The hospital is close-by so there is sometimes ambulance noise, but this is was not a problem. The staff were friendly and always offered a kind hello. We flew into Vancouver rather early and the staff were accommodating, allowing us to leave our luggage in the room before it was ready for occupation. We really appreciated this. Overall, the Windsor Guest House is a good deal for a great location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChristineNM2013
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights at the start of our holiday. We had the Victoria room which is a good size and has a small en suite shower room. Very comfortable beds. Leslie cooked amazing breakfasts.......eggs anyway you like them, pancakes to die for plus fruit, muffins, cereal, juices and as much toast as you'd care to eat. Leslie was very friendly and keen to give advice on places to visit, how to get there and generally full of interesting facts about Canada. We loved the 'porch' to sit out on...........bit like you see in the films!!!!!! The kitchen is available from 10 till 10 for guests to help themselves to tea and coffee. The Canada Line is a 4 minute walk away so really handy for the airport or city.......we did walk to the city, about 30 mins. Very friendly and welcoming B&B. a good start to our Canada adventure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heather D
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Windsor Guest House is a great place to stay. This is a low key B & B located in a very quiet neighborhood, yet it's just a couple of blocks to the transit center and a short walk to many great restaurants, etc. We stayed in the Victoria room, which has a queen bed and a private bath on the first floor. It was quite comfortable and although the house was fully occupied, it was quiet. I'd stay here anytime I was in Vancouver.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rob B
bachelorbroad, Manager at Windsor Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

We are delighted you joined us at the Windsor House, and we are blessed to live in such an exciting neighborhood, changes are occurring everyday, and we hope you will join us again some time. Best wishes Leslie

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Leslie. What a charming lady . Her B&B situated across the street of the city hall is just like being home. Walking distance of everything and the skytrain, it's just a good and cheap way to spend time in Vancouver ! I tried almost all the room in the last 10 years and no one is better then an other. Leslie's breakfast are good. I've been there with friends and family (and alone!) I dont hesitate to recommend it !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Pinkgoose
Reviewed February 3, 2013

my friend and I stay here when we travel from Scotland
became good friends with leslie who runs the bed and breakfast
clean comfortable and friendly
transport near by no object
I would recommend the Windsor to anyone wishing
a quiet relaxing stay
archie

Room Tip: if you prefer a room with shower ask before you book
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Archie M

They told me when I became a hostess at a B & B, that the guests would become like family and with with these guests it is true.
When family visit, you get to know your home town, from a fresh perspective, and we are delighted to have shared your visit to our city, including new theaters, pubs, and shopping.
What a wonderful week it was having you and Archie stay with us from beautiful Glasgow, and I can't wait to visit you this fall with my friends.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is the first time I have ever written a review. I thought a stay as wonderful as this deserved a few minutes of my time. What was suppose to be a 5 night stay turned into almost 2 months. After having a family member's operation at Vancouver General not go as planned we were treated with the utmost respect and care by Leslie. With no notice she allowed us to stay on as a "need to" basis. We never knew from day to day how much longer we would need a room. We were stressed beyond anything we had ever been through and Leslie just seemed to "take care" of our needs. The location was perfect, just a short 15 minute walk to the hospital. The restaurants were handy and the area quiet. The 2 ladies she has working with her were also very professional and kind. The breakfasts were delicious and always served with a smile and pleasant conversation. I am hoping that my next visit to Windsor House will be a pleasure trip and I will be able to enjoy your beautiful city! Thanks Leslie, Theresa and Yolanda

Room Tip: During our stay we tried out many of the different rooms. I am not a basement person, although it wa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family