1,132 results
All reviews executive floor granville island iron and ironing board rocky mountaineer hop on hop canada place convenient location alaskan cruise underground parking bit dated few blocks stanley park robson street gas town coffee maker street noise downtown
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've stayed in this hotel twice, both times disappointed. Not by anything the front staff have done - they do their best to be helpful. The hotel is located in a central area to the core downtown part of Vancouver. But its definitely showing its age ... for example, the doors seem like they've been painted so many times, they can no longer close properly. The bathrooms are teeny (like being in a European hotel!) where the bathroom and toilet practically hit each other. The water pressure is quite weak. Getting around is a bit convoluted as there are a couple of sets of elevators and there is not a direct route from the parking garage to the reception area. The cleaning was not up to par: when I arrived there were multiple black hairs in the bathroom (definitely not mine as I'm blond) and even on my last day, they were STILL there, showing only superficial cleaning was being done. All this for what is still a pretty high ticket price, even if its low for Vancouver. I think next time I have to travel out there for work, I'll stay out of downtown to get better value for my money.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Exploring_Canuck
Tanner T, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good day Exploring_Canuck,

Thank you for the feedback from your stay. I am sorry to learn of the issues with housekeeping. Your experience has been provided to our Housekeeping Manager to follow up with her team. To better address this though we would require some more information. If you can, at your convenience, contact me at tanner@hivancouverdowntown.com.

I appreciate your time,

Tanner

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed there for only one night after an Alaskan Cruise, hotel just 6 min driving distance from the port, and later we find it just steps away from the Art Gallery, very convenient. We arrived around 10 am, and we had one big and two small suitcases and two backpacks. No one greeted us, let alone offered luggage help, I guess the bellmen were busy. We got a king size bedroom instead of two doubles which we booked, as there was no two double beds rooms available at the time, quite understandable at early morning. I was happy to get a room at 10am. Our room was on the 2nd floor, as other guests mentioned, it was a mile away from the elevator, and still we had to took the suitcases another three steps down to our room. It was a little hard for a mother and her teenage daughter, but finally we managed with a only a little damaged luggage wheels. Room was spacious and bed was comfortable.
The front desk agent who checked us in never smiled to me, I asked him several questions about local attractions and transportation. He gave me a map upon requested. He was really "Cool". When we went back to the hotel, I asked afternoon front desk agent if they gave complimentary drink voucher to gold members like other IHG hotels, then he gave me one voucher, as the agent who checked me in never mentioned or greeted me as a gold member, it is OK, we all human beings, We forget things.
The bar in the hotel lobby was nice and decent, I like it, and a lady worked in the bar is very nice.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vancouver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi 123math,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. While I am glad you appreciated the convenience of our location as well as the comfort of our rooms among the others, I was also quite concerned that you were not happy with your check in experience and our Front Desk staff. I understand this must have been disappointing for you and I am sorry. Your review will be shared with our front office team for necessary improvements.

Your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Gold Elite Member means a lot to us and we hope to see you again soon.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 13, 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights. Hotel is located in a great location you don need a car -- you can walk to so many places or jump on the Hop On - Hop Off bus.. Room was clean, bed was comfortable and it was quiet.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2018

We were on the 7th floor and the rooms were spacious and clean but in need of some refurbishment/updating. Bed comfortable, The main problem is that there are only 2 lifts which are small and at busy times there can be long waits. Location ok and easy to walk to Canada Place (about 20 mins) and other areas. Laundry room a bonus but only 2 washers and 2 dryers so, again if hotel is busy, can be a wait to use them. Would stay here again though.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Centrally located stayed here for a few days before Alaskan cruise. Close enough to walk to Yaletown and good dining options. Staff was efficient and friendly. Breakfast was a little pricy but good breakfast options within walking distance.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple