“always a good stay”

Ranked #60 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Ontario, Canada
“always a good stay”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Quick, no frills hotel for a quick work trip to Vancouver. Elevator is tiny and small but the rooms are well maintained. I love that they have a room ready anytime I get there. It's also a good walk to Robson street so it's convenient.

Room Tip: ask for higher floors and away from the elevators, they tend to be very busy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bazingga_08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Korean first
Salmon Arm, BC
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn and I have stayed there many times before due to its location and friendly staff. This visit was the first time I have stayed in the part of the hotel where you need a separate elevator and go around the meeting rooms to get there. My room was on the first floor and it felt a bit like I was in the dungeon. I recognize that there is nothing that they can do about this however the next time I go I will request a room in the "newer?" (Only one elevator) part of the hotel! I will definitely go back but not in that section of the hotel! We forgot something in our car and it took forever going through the maze of floors and elevators just to get to the car!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Tanner T, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Good day Kristina B,

Thank you for sharing your experience. The first floor rooms are a bit of a walk so we will happily make a note for your future stays. We are also in the process of adding some more signage to better improve this aspect.

We look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

Lumby, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We just returned home from our disappointing stay at the Holiday Inn Express on Howe Street. The room was very clean and neat. Our check in went well -thank you Alexander.
We had driven to Vancouver from the Okanagan so required a parking pass. When we arrived at 5pm we were able to find a parking spot in the covered parking. We went out for dinner on Granville Island and returned to the parkade at around 9:00pm -there were no places to park except in the handicapped area or the reserved area for Spa employees. I refuse to park in the handicap spot for conscious reasons as well am I think there is a fine. So we parked in the Holiday Inn designated parking area behind the hotel with another vehicle. . . We checked out the next day and when we walked to our SUV we found that rear passenger door window had been busted out. When I went to the front desk a tall young man from the hotel was quite consoling and told me to talk to Anna (?) the day manager. She proved to be unempathic and stated that since I had booked my room through Hotels.com there was nothing they could do-I would have to deal with them in regards to a refund since I did not book with Holiday Inn directly. I requested that she take off the extra charges for the parking that I was charged and another small charge of $9 -she reluctantly did so. I then asked if we could get some help to make it possible to drive home in our vehicle. She did say that they would arrange to have their maintenance person vacuum the glass and tape up the window. I have to thank the maintenance person for his great work and the miracle of duct tape as the plastic held until we made it home and then today when I took it to get repaired for $300. I am disappointed with this hotel I am a Priority Plus member of Holiday Inn and this was a very disheartending episode that has shaked my confidence in this chain with one person's uncaring attitude. I grew until in the hospitality industry and find this unacceptable. Hotels.com has agreed to give me a credit on my account so I appreciative their response to this -thank you Stephanie. So I would not recommend this hotel if you are travelling with a vehicle unless you make sure you get a spot in there underground parkade and then I still think there are no guarantees.On another note the door in our room was not soundproof and you can hear everybody that was talking or walking in the hallway.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 311 the door is not soundproof can hear everybody going back and forth in the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Melody I
Good day Melody I

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I am pleased that you found your room clean and enjoyed the check in experience. I do apologize for your vehicle getting broken into outside. We do offer lots of internal parking though it can be a challenge to navigate the parkade with the various levels.
I am sorry we were not able to better handle the matter when you brought it to our attention. These acts of vandalism we take seriously as it effects our customer experience and our ability to retain that loyalty. While I understand this impacts your confidence I do hope you will still consider the Holiday Inn Brand in the future.

Tanner Tredgett

Travelers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay. Room was great and location was close to our event. Breakfast buffet had everything you could need with fresh omelets and egg station. Hotel has small 24 hr room service menu but offered other places to order from. Definitely would stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank grac5
Good day grac5

Thank you for making note of the recent renovations. I am also glad you enjoyed some of the personal elements with our breakfast. The omelette station is rather popular and more importantly a tasty way to start a day.

Glad you enjoyed your visit we look forward to your return.

Best regards,

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites. Nice room, was clean and was in a safe location. There is a starbucks across the street, and Tim Hortons was close by. I was on the 2nd floor - so I did not have to use the elevator, (saved a lot of time)

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Good day peterfrt66,

I should say good day fellow coffee connoisseur. Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay and am pleased you enjoyed yourself. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours in hospitality,

Clearwater, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Wow! hardly recognized the room. I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past. However, this time I got to stay on the 7th floor in a newly renovated room. Loved the room. The bed was great, large TV and it even had a CD player clock radio combination. The room was quiet and comfortable. I like staying here because it is close to everything downtown, but it's on a quiet street. With easy access arriving and departing. I didn't get to use the restaurant or lounge on this trip, but it looked great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Good day Phil J,

Hope all is well in Clearwater. Thank you for noticing our renovations. We are pleased with the results and ultimately are done to better the guest experience. It is great that you had a wow moment. We look forward to seeing you again.

Warm regards,

England
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had a 6 night stay here in May 13 before our trip on Rocky Mountaineer, then a further 6 nights after our trip. It was a very enjoyable stay, the hotel entrance is bright and welcoming with the dining area and bar located at one side. The reception staff were cheerful, helpful and friendly. The rooms were very spacious although I found it odd having the vanity unit separate from the bathroom. Still, it wasn't a big deal. I can't comment on the breakfasts because we didn't have any but we did have some evening meals there and they were quite good. There is a lovely pool although we didn't use it. It is only 5 blocks from the main city, walking distance. All in all an enjoyable stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day Jennand,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts from your visit with us in May. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us during your Rocky Mountaineer trip. Thank you for visiting Vancouver as I hope one day to visit England and enjoy similar hospitality.

Warm regards,