I took my husband to the Avs/Canucks game for a birthday weekend in Vancouver. This hotel couldn't have been located better - the walk to and from GM Place took 5 minutes. Additionally, we did a little shopping on Robson Street, which was only a few blocks away. The location was great - it was downtown, but it was really quick to get out of downtown too. It's true the hotel is not immediately surrounded by lots of pretty buildings, but it was hard to beat the view once you got up to your room.
I booked a Jacuzzi suite which was clean and beautiful. We had a corner room, so we had views of two directions as both outside walls were nothing but windows. The king bed had nice linens, though we found it a bit hard for our tastes (we like really soft beds, though). Housekeeping left us alone to sleep in and just relax in our larger-than-average room. We enjoyed the jacuzzi, which was roomy enough for tall (6'5") folks, though the jets were really loud (not uncommon). There is a lack of breakfast places nearby, so we ate a late breakfast in the restaurant and were immediately taken care of and served a good meal.
Was it the best hotel room I've stayed in? No. Was it a better-than-average room, for a good value in a downtown location in an increasingly expensive city? Yes. If you are expecting boutique, original design or to bathe in luxury, forget it - this is not Hilton's luxury chain. But it's a better-than-average chain hotel (with free WiFi, no less) and sometimes that's just fine.
Oh, I forgot to mention the free bottled water, replaced daily. I can't recall the last time I stayed in a hotel outside of Mexico (and often one much more luxurious), and wasn't charged some ridiculous rate for water. I realize it's just water, but when you get to your room after dinner or a few drinks, it's nice to have a free bottle there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton is conveniently located on Robson Street near Yaletown, Rogers Arena and the newly renovated BC Place. Complimentary amenities include breakfast, wifi, bottled water, downtown shuttle service and loaner bicycles. Whether it's a hotel room with a microwave and refrigerator or a one bedroom suite with full kitchen, we offer a variety of comfortable beds for your stay in Vancouver. A member of the Hilton Family of Hotels, the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton offers both the corporate and the leisure traveler award-winning accommodation at affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Hampton Inn And Suites Downtown Vancouver
- Hampton Inn Vancouver
- Vancouver Hampton Inn