“my favourite hotel to stay in while in vancouver!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver
Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed July 24, 2009

I love this hotel. I stay here everytime I am in town, about every 4-6 months. The location is great, right on Robson street, the staff is super friendly and helpful, the rooms are amazing and the free breakfast is the icing on the cake! Not your typical continental bagels and coffee, but we're talking pancakes, different cereal, eggs...yum!

Would definitely recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
3  Thank mofoqueezee
Write a ReviewReviews (2,015)

Reviewed July 24, 2009

i don't normally bother submitting reviews like this, but your staff was so kind to us and our rooms were IMMACULATE. I'd definitely recommend your hotel to anyone taking a Holiday in the Vancouver area.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank RoseLizenberg
Reviewed July 10, 2009

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Downtown Vancouver three times over the past three years, and the stay has been excellent every time. The front desk employees are very nice and helpful. Checking in and out is easy and generally very fast. The rooms are large, the beds are comfortable, and the sleeping areas of the hotel are quiet. You would never know that you were in the downtown area of a very large city. The location of the hotel is also excellent and within easy walking distance of almost everything. Also the free internet service worked well although don't plan to use the hotel computer or printer because the charge is $30 per minute! The only negative was the overcrowded breakfast, but that wasn't the fault of the hotel. Considering all of the people, I was amazed at how quickly the staff kept the food replenished and the tables cleaned off. The hotel is a bit pricey for a Hampton Inn, but as someone who made the mistake of trying a different hotel in the area at a lower price, I think this Hampton Inn is worth it, and the price is usually lower in the off season.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank eledean
ClintBanda, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2009

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites, by Hilton - Downtown Vancouver. We're so glad you've enjoyed your previous stays at our hotel.

To clear up any confusion from the wired and wireless internet in our guest rooms to the guest business center computers all internet usage is completely complimentary. The time cards for the guest business center computers state that they are valid for 30 minutes and this is possible where the miscommunication may have occurred. We apologize for any confusion.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 1, 2009

My wife, 2 children (7 & 10) and I went to Vancouver BC for a flag football tournament that I was in and we were told that we would probably enjoy our stay at the Hampton Inn on Robson St.

When we called to book our trip, It was really easy. I called the hotel a few days before the tournament ( I knew that I was cutting it close because it was a long weekend but I was keeping my fingers crossed).

The front desk staff were very informative and helpful. I got my confirmation # and asked if it was possible to book a hotel room for my teammate and his family (wife and 2 kids, 6 & 9) at the same time as well. I think some shuffling was involved but the hotel arranged our rooms next to each other.

We spent alot of time in the hot tub that weekend. It was perfectly situated on or near the roof top of the hotel - with FULL view of Vancouver City as well as a view of the gym/leisure room where the kids played ping pong and Foosball. We had the best of both worlds...a perfect "escape" in the hot tub - and the kids nearby and visible!! The hotel even had laundry available in a room on the same floor!!!

As for the hotel rooms themselves, they were very big and clean. With two kids, things could have gotten tight (like it has been in other hotels) but we had plenty of room.
The complimentary breakfast was great also!! The kids filled up on cereal, eggs, bacon, ham, juice, yogurt, and more - and we did too.

That breakfast was one of the highlights of the stay for everyone. Normally you would be lucky to get a coffee or tea with a boxed cereal or muffin anywhere else! Hampton Inn takes exceptional care of their guests - we were completely satisfied in every way!

I could go on and on about the stay there but you have to experience it for yourself!

I highly recommend going to the Hampton Inn!! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank depwest
Reviewed July 1, 2009

I stayed at this hotel while attending a Lions game with some friends - and we all really enjoyed our stay. We were able to get into our rooms before 3pm, which was great! The front desk staff was really helpful with restaurants (Keith helped us find a really delicious restaurant in Yaletown), and it was so close to BC Place. The free internet and bottled water were a great touch. I'd definitely stay here again next time I come in for a hockey/football game or a concert.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank FootballFan27
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Only stayed two nights but it was long enought to see that the hotel staff were very
efficient and always happy to point you in the right direction.
The rooms were big and airey, with comfortable beds.
The food was yummy and we especially liked the new waitress from Nova Scotia.
Would return if we w ere in Canada.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank michele777777
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I had planned to stay at the Hampton Inn in Downtown Vancouver with my boyfriend (at the time) to have a romantic stay in the city for the Valentine's day weekend.
Not only did the staff treat us both with consistant respect and consideration, they were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about the city. The front desk staff are exceptional- they made the stay at the Hotel feel like i was in my own home away from home.
I highly recommended this hotel to all my friends~ especially the amazing Jacuzzi Tub in the room and comfortable king-sized bed.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends