“Hampton Vancouver”

Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver
Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great location. Excellent help from the staff accommodating for early check in. Would recommend a stay there if you are attending events or just wanting a downtown stay. The complimentary breakfast is one of the best in my travels.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Write a ReviewReviews (2,002)

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff of Hilton Hotels have provided us with outstanding service which has made for a pleasant stay. We enjoyed the continental breakfast which was extreamly busy. The rooms were quiet and clean and were quickly made up each day. It was great to have a fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2014

rooms are very clean, friendly staff, it's nice to have breakfast there ready for when you get up! close to rogers arena, bc place and with a ticket place right downstairs; an excellent location when visiting vancouver

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was my a first time stay for my wife and I at this location which was in a great location to many shops and restaurants in downtown Vancouver. Although, staying for only one night, I truly enjoyed the convenient walking distance to the stadium and other attractions nearby. My wife and I walked about the city with ease and without reservation. We even walked from the train station to the hotel which took about twenty minutes or so. Yes, a cab ride would have been easier or even cheaper the local train service, but we decided to be adventurous.

So back to the hotel, despite the rushed check in initially I would give this location a thumbs up for location and price. I used Hilton honor points for this stay and was upgraded to a suite on the 15th floor due to my diamond status. The room was clean and quiet despite all the construction nearby during the daytime. The furnishings were above average and the added kitchen was functional. There is a gym and game room on the 16th floor with decent equipment. We never got a chance to use the gym since we got our exercise walking and biking everywhere since they have great bike lanes.

I would like to give a special thanks to April at the front desk for her genuine “can do” attitude to make our stay even better. In our case, she assisted us with dinner suggestions and even offered us a couple of bottled waters upon departing the hotel . She truly shines in anticipating guest needs coupled with her genuine smile to earn my return business.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Adorado A
Reviewed March 2, 2014

this is a great hotel, very clean has a nice gym and outer deck with views of BC place, also the sauna is wonderful along with the breakfast bar, they have very comfortable beds, this hotel is great for families, business and couples

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I spent two nights at this hotel earlier this week. I could not have been more pleased with this choice. It was easy to take the SkyTrain from YVR(Canada line to Yaletown-Roundhouse station) and then it's about a 4-5 block walk to the hotel. The Stadium-Chinatown station is only two blocks from the hotel on the combined Millennium/Expo line but if you are coming in from YVR you'd need to change lines at Waterfront station.
Check in was easy and the front desk staff was knowledgeable,attentive & helpful throughout my stay.
I had not reserved a king suite but I was assigned one at no extra charge and the suite was spacious with two rooms and a kitchenette which would be a bonus for someone with a prolonged stay. The room I had was on the 15th floor facing the "back" of the hotel(opposite B.C. Place Stadium). Other reviewers had reported excessive noise from the ongoing construction on that side of the hotel but I did not experience this during my stay(perhaps because I was on the highest floor that has guest rooms). My room was spotless and well maintained. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was clean with a well functioning shower.
The 16th floor exercise area and deck that overlooks B.C. Place Stadium is first rate!
The breakfast area is on the second floor overlooking the lobby. Breakfast was served from 6:00 A.m. to 10 A.M. I thought the breakfast options were quite reasonable and there was always an attendant present overlooking the serving area.
I did not take my laptop but there is free wi-fi. I used both computer terminals that are adjacent to the breakfast area. One needs to get a slip from the front desk that has a numeric code that you enter into the computer to get 30 minutes of free usage. This was an easy process and both computers were fast and in good working order.
I was truly impressed with the "culture" that I saw in all the staff that worked at this hotel. Everyone who I had interactions with seemed to be interested in making certain that my stay was optimized.
This is a great location if you are interested in being in easy walking distance of B.C. Place Stadium & Rogers Arena. It is about an 6-8 block walk to Chinatown & Gastown.

Room Tip: The rooms on the "front" of the hotel have better views overlooking B.C. Place Stadium fro...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank MobileResident
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed for a week at this hotel and had a wonderful time. Everything was perfect from breakfast each morning great variety to our room being looked after and kept clean. The main reception were superb giving information and direction and easy check in and check out. The location was wonderful and so easy to find. Lots of restaurants and shopping and close to sea bus and sky train.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends