“Our second home!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver
Ranked #16 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We love it! Been returning for almost 15 years. Best breakfast in town, and our morning ambassador is Leah Cheng. She is always there to greet us with coffee and juice. She is one of the reasons we return there every year! Location is best for seeing any/all parts of the lovely city! We look forward to heading back next year for Chinese New Year!!

Room Tip: Top floor with Jacuzzi tub and WONDERFUL views!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stay here everytime I go for a concert in Vancouver (at least 2x a year) best location and the free breaky in morning is great. I found this place after staying at at least 6 other downtown hotels and for value this beats them hands down!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Tazzy201
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Check in was pleasant, nice tidy reception, great room... excellent place to stay right downtown. Staff is very helpful, breakfast is great, I have stayed at this place quite a few time and never had bad service.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Saleem T
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great hotel, a little bit old but clean and with a nice location. The bed is great. One kilometer on foot you can find a Iga Supermarket, so you are able to buy healthy groceries.
The hotel is in front of a great arena, so watch out for noises on games/attractions nights.
The breakfast is good. Breads, waffle station, yogurt, fruits, cereal.

Room Tip: Corner Suites have a nice view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was a bit disappointed with this hotel. While not all of it was their fault, I left feeling let down. First of all, the staff at check-in was disinterested at best, and borderline rude at times. I felt like I was bothering them by wanting to check in. My room was fairly average. There was nothing that really stood out about them. The fitness center was great. I was able to run on the treadmill while overlooking the city from 16 stories up. However, the second night of my stay it was closed down for a private event from 5 pm until 2 pm the next day. They had made arrangements with a neighboring hotel, but part of booking a hotel with a fitness center is for the convenience of having the center in the building, and closing it down for such a long period of time was something that I feel like I should have been notified about prior to arriving, and not by a small post-it note in the elevator. The neighboring building was doing a big construction project, and their trucks were blocking the entrance to the parking garage a few times, and were not in any hurry to move them so that I could get in. There was also a great deal of heavy jack hammering going on during the day. It was finished by the end of the day, but one day between meetings I wanted to get some work done and take a quick nap, and it was impossible due to the noise outside my room. Breakfast was as good as I have come to expect from Hampton. Overall I would not go out of my way to stay here again, but I would't complain if I were booked there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Aliya B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear jneely77,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with travellers. I apologize that during your check in you did not receive the friendly and warm service that we are known to provide. I would like to obtain more feedback from you on this experience and kindly request that you email me at aliya@hamptoninnvancouver.com.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed our 16th floor fitness center. It was closed for a Fifa 2015 World Cup press conference and we were all so excited to have them on site! With the outstanding views that our fitness area provides, we do have private functions around once per year and we are lucky to have our sister property located steps away for our guests during special occasions like this. I apologize that this was an inconvenience, but can assure you that it is not a common occurrence.

We have been told by the construction team next door that the noisy portion of the project has been completed; however, some moments of hammering and drilling does take place and is always scheduled in the afternoon. We can understand how this can be disturbing during nap time; thus, we do have other options in the hotel that are much quieter and have this posted on our Web Site.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. I look forward to speaking with you more on your experience.

Aliya Bhatia
604-605-1455

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Nice hotel in good location with modern comfortable rooms. I-2 blocks walking distance to fine dining and night life. Room was very nice. Underground parking so no high profile vehicles. Convenience store in lower lobby is well, convenient. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stay at this property regularly and it is consistent in the service, quality and value. The location is superb as it is close to the business district, sporting venues, skytrain, shopping and walking.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business