Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver
Ranked #16 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a convenient area of Vancouver. Cleanliness is most important and I love a hotel that has venting windows. The breakfast is good. It is renovated and up to date. Friendly staff and security is excellent.

I was informed by the front desk that Canadian Hampton Inns do not have cookies in the evening.

1  Thank Annie72

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I travelled to Vancouver with my family May 7 2013. I had so many problems with the airlines not finding our reservations and all. To make the story short we arrived at vancouver all stressed and losing our documents because of the rush. Upon arrival at Vancouver i called the hotel and explained the situation. ELLE was very efficient and very professional. LEAH from breakfast was great as well. She gave us brochures on where to go etc. Very helpful. Property was well kept very close to a lot of eating area. We were on the 10th floor and had great view. Just remember tho' a lot of stores close at 9pm and im used to Los angeles where everything never close :) Great experience. Love the breakfast of course the valet were very friendly and love the bottled water. I was surprise they even have an umbrella for rainy season in the rooms just incase!!! My son love the pingpong and i love the jacuzzi rooftop! KUDOS to you and your staff. Well maintained hotel!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

the hotel and room is very clean and quiet
called front desk for a wake up call and staff was courteous and picked up quick
internet access is good
tv and reception was very good
one of the TV remotes was not working well, left a note and was promptly replaced.
noticed the tub water valve did not have hot or cold markings
the vending machine on my floor was out of service during my stay
having to swipe the room key in the elevator to get to the breakfast floor was a bit annoying

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Hampton Inn Vancouver is in an excellent location. The staff were very accommodating and took time to answer my questions and give me directions. Complimentary breakfast quite good. Parking garage a bit challenging but once you are familiar with the in's and out's it is fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel allowed us to check in early and our rooms were spotless. This is the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. The staff was very professional and informative on local events and activities. I usually have trouble sleeping in hotels, but Hampton was so comfortable, I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillows.

2  Thank Victoria R
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Excellent location and reasonable price. Free breakfast was very good. Only negative is that our room faced garage under construction although we were told that we would be facing the other direction. Valet parking service is complementary at this time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I booked this property because the location seemed decent and the price seemed very reasonable compared to the other hotels in the city. Wow!

It definitely exceeded our expectations. Starting with the service at the front desk and Daniel, the young gentleman who watched over our luggage for us (as we arrived early and our room was not ready), and every other employee we encountered, it was all first class.

We were super tired one day and wanted to eat at a place that was a very long walk and so we talked to the front desk and they called their shuttle to come and get us and drop us off.

The location of the hotel is excellent. You can walk to the Sky Train, gain easy access to Granville Island with the ferries, and of course there are bus stops everywhere.

The room was super spacious and after having been on a cruise for 7 days it was nice having space to actually move around in! The bed was very comfortable. The TV was a nice large flat screen. Wi fi was very fast and FREE.

I should mention the buffet. Hot and cold items in the morning. Although the buffet gets pretty crowded, it is still very pleasant. They have enough food for everyone's tastes, a couple of different kinds of coffee and several different flavors of juices.

Overall - a fantastic stay at this hotel! If my husband and I get to Vancouver again - we will definitely be staying here without hesitation!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple