The Hampton Inn is in a convenient location and has very friendly staff. It is situated directly across the street from B.C. Place which was like a spaceship that lit up our room at night with a pretty blue hue - very neat! On the other side of the hotel there is a building under construction so we were fortunate to be situated on that side of the hotel. The hotel reminds you more of an apartment building than a hotel as the hallways are narrow and the lobby is compact. You have to swipe your room card when you get in the elevator in order for the elevator to work. The hotel is not as modern and décor is more basic than some of the newer Hampton Inns we have stayed in but it is extremely clean and comfortable. The room was a good size, average - not overly big or small.
The young lady at the front desk helped us out several times with directions and maps and when I said, "Sorry to bother you with all these questions," she said she enjoyed helping out. When you have a limited time in a new city this type of service at a hotel cannot be understated. The hotel also has a shuttle bus which can take you short distances around the city such as the entrance to Stanley Park or to a train station.
Our first day we walked about 10 minutes to the aquabus and when to Granville Island, using the map and directions provided by the young lady at the front desk. The second day we opted to take the Hop On Hop Off bus from the Library stop which was a 5 minute walk up Robson Street from the side entrance of the hotel. Later that evening we walked to Gastown in about 20 minutes. There was a nice gym area and outside the gym is a balcony to sit outside. The breakfast was the same fare at most Hampton Inns and provides a good selection of breakfast foods - hot oatmeal, bagels, fruit salad, yogurt, muffins, eggs, bacon or sausage, coffee with flavoured creamers, three juice types in dispensers. Overall I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton is conveniently located on Robson Street near Yaletown, Rogers Arena and the newly renovated BC Place. Complimentary amenities include breakfast, wifi, bottled water, downtown shuttle service and loaner bicycles. Whether it's a hotel room with a microwave and refrigerator or a one bedroom suite with full kitchen, we offer a variety of comfortable beds for your stay in Vancouver. A member of the Hilton Family of Hotels, the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton offers both the corporate and the leisure traveler award-winning accommodation at affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelPower, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Hampton Inn And Suites Downtown Vancouver
- Hampton Inn Vancouver
- Vancouver Hampton Inn