“Great location, great price”

Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver
Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was in Vancouver for a series of meetings taking place at Vancouver General. This hotel was in great proximity for that (a 10-13$ cab ride, depending on the time of day), but was also in great position for a walk to Yaletown, Chinatown or Gastown. It is literally across the street from BC Place.
Although a much lower cost than any other downtown hotel I'd priced out, it met all of my expectations--from the very responsive and friendly staff to the no-nonsense exercise room. The breakfast buffet included with the room had lots of options and there was key-only access in the elevators, for added security. I am impressed with the functional, practical hotel that is (thankfully) short on froufrou and long on hospitality.
Would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank NWOWanderers
Write a ReviewReviews (2,002)

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here as it was close to the skytrain for the start of the Vancouver marathon. Clean, comfortable, great value free breakfast, free and fast internet access and a small kitchen area in the good size room that was really useful. Near to main shopping area and about 10 minutes to Vancouver City centre skytrain station. Right next to GM Place and Rogers Arena so good for hockey and shows.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was a first time visit to the Hampton Inn. The location of this hotel is absolutely prime for a sports enthusiast. It is directly across from BC Place (football) and a very short 5 minute walk to Rogers Arena for the hockey buff.

There is a complimentary breakfast which I did not have time to try but it looked appetizing.

Parking is downstairs and for a person unfamiliar to their parking I would have preferred Valet parking. However, I managed, leaving was difficult as there are no signs that explain the exiting. It is gated parking. It it wasn't for a fellow from Washington I might still be sitting there.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Excellent location, great service and helpful staff, fantastic continental breakfast and comfortable, clean beds. I would highly recommend to any of my friends and family to stay at the Hampton Inn Downtown Vancouver, as not only it it in an excellent location, but the service is amazing for the value. Clean beds and bathrooms with full facilities of a kitchenette if needed, and right next to many downtown amenities. The kitchenette had a fridge, micowave, coffee maker, sink and even dishes to use. It made our stay even better as we truly felt relaxed and at home. I didn't know about this hotel before but definitely would book there again when going there next... even other customers were happy to be there! Comfortable beds, internet, and well maintained, we were pleasantly surprized by this hotel and especially the staff were happy and very helpful... loved it!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

So my visit to the Hampton Inn and Suites got off to an inauspicious start -- I circled the block three or four times trying to figure out where the hotel and parking was (If you are approaching via car from the East on Beatty Street it is virtually unmarked, and construction in the area doesn't help) -- and before I forget, a key card is required to access the parking garage, so you can't park and then check in.

But once I made my way to the front desk the staff was very welcoming and hospitable. The rooms are very clean and modern -- including one of the few hotels I've seen that has eschewed the "Do Not Disturb" sign or Housekeeping beating on the door in favor of an electronic doorbell with a built-in privacy function. The views from rooms on the South side of the hotel are fantastic -- BC Arena directly across the street, Cambie Street and City Hall in the distance. Two balconies adjacent to the spa and fitness room on the 16 floor are also a great way to get some fresh air while enjoying the sights of the city below.

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the nearest Canada Line station, which came in very handy -- while I had a rental car, I didn't move it at all during my stay, and with a little advance planning I could have avoided a car all together with convenient service to/from the airport -- and my client location. Also near by is the fun Yaletown neighborhood with a plethora of cool restaurants and bars.

With games in the arena it was fun to watch the crowds ebb and flow while whittling away the work in the comfort of the room -- and the arena looks spectacular at night through the floor-to-ceiling windows.

I think this is the first Hampton Inn I've encountered (including other "downtown" locations in the States) that offered room service, and it was prompt, cheerful, and absolutely delicious, not to mention very reasonably priced relative to hotel food. Also worth noting, calls to anywhere in the US were only $0.25/minute -- compared to the $0.69/minute my cellular provider would have charged, it was a no brainier for business calls.

On the last day of my visit, I still had several meetings and it was absolutely no problem to leave my car in the garage until I was finished at about 6 PM.

1  Thank lincolnjkc
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Staff gave me an upgrade to ensure a quiet night's sleep. Amazing view right across from BC Place. The free breakfast was also much better and with a wider selection than I expected at the price I paid. I will book here next time I am in Vancouver!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2013

All around excellent Hotel! Our room was of Five Star quality. Service was excellent. Everyone in Vancouver was really friendly. Buffet breakfast was included and was of excellent quality. We had a great trip and would highly recommend The Hampton Inn on Robson Street.

Room Tip: Choose opposite side of construction. Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends