“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #13 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Ham Lake, Minnesota, United States
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have stayed here many times on business and it is always a nice place to stay. Nicely decorated, clean and a decent breakfast. Rooms aren't huge, but they work just fine. The location is also nice with plenty of things nearby to eat or do.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sibenik, Croatia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We selected this hotel based on the proximity to the Queen Elizabeth Theatre.

Although a little worn, it's fairly clean with very comfortable bedding.

I was disappointed with the included breakfast as it's very basic and cramped, somewhat like someone's kitchen where they put the cereal out and let you have at it. There were a couple hot items, eggs, DIY waffles, but no sausages or bacon for example.

It's within comfortable walking distance to almost everywhere in downtown, including the rail system going to the airport, which is nice.

If you envision spending any amount of time in the room with nothing to do, you might be disappointed to find the entertainment system is mostly PPV, even the game console. There is basic TV, but if you're used to streaming services I wouldn't bother even turning the thing on.

The room was smoked in, and although the smell was not at intolerable levels, if I was staying more than a couple nights I would have request a different one.

The internet service works, but is annoying in that it doesn't work immediately. You have to click through an "agree to X terms" page and wait a minute. This may be normal in Canada, but I'm used to better.

The hot water tap on the floor I was on needed to be run for about 5 minutes before getting hot, which is fine so long as you know this beforehand! The shower has a hidden switch under the handle, which some people may not be used to.

The room's heating/ac can be quite noisy, though it didn't bother me, it did bother my wife.

Although some toiletry items can be requested, it is annoying to have to do so. Most places outside of Canada seem to provide a toothbrush and toothpaste by default.

The door on Robson street is locked overnight, which may come as a surprise since it's the more accessible entrance.

For the price, and considering the location, it's good. It could be a lot better with a little more effort though. If I stayed there again I would bring my own in-room entertainment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My room, 1010, was a great corner suite with floor to ceiling windows on 2 of the 3 walls in the unit. Large and comfortable with all the things ones needs plus some like the laptop table that you can bring to the bed and work on, newspaper in the morning and easy to use buttons to turn on or off housekeeping. The desk and chair were great with a great view of the Vancouver skyline and the False Creek area. Great big king size bed - a little on the stiff side but lots of comfortable pillows and a warm duvet. Big bathroom with a whirlpool meant for two. I didn't take in the breakfast but had I known (after looking at it on my last day there) I would have gone each day - it was a full breakfast buffet with hot and cold items and lots of variety. Very surprising given it's free. There are also apples in the lobby and a selection of lemon or lime infused water to sip on. When we departed, it was simple and effecient from storing our ags while we had breakfast to calling Bill who took us to the float planes on the house. Nice touches all around and the price was very reasonable.

The only downside was the heating system in the room was loud at night time so I had to turn it off to sleep which left a very cool room to get out of bed and into in the morning. Also, I found the room fragrance to be a bit overwhelming for my liking.

Room Tip: Take a room that faces the arena otherwise there is no view and I expect it would be very loud given...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at the Inn for one night and if time had permitted we would happily have made it more. The airline mislaid our luggage and the hotel staff went above and beyond to help us recover it. In addition I found everyone, cleaning staff included, to be exceptionally friendly and polite as well as helpful. They showed us how to get around,, where to go to catch a ferry to Granville Island, and how to get to the Vancouver Island ferry. In short, the whole experience was everything we could have hoped for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

A friend and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for our first visit to Vancouver. What a great place to stay...it was within walking distance of many restaurants and bars, BCE Place and Rogers Arena. Being right on Robson, it was also close to the shopping district...what else could you ask for? The room was clean and a decent size. There was a small safe in the room. Breakfast was included in the price and was one of the best I have had. This would certainly be my choice of where to stay next time I am in Vancouver....and it was such a beautiful city, I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: There is a construction site next door so if you like to sleep in past 8 in the morning, ask that yo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stay here for 3 main reasons, the cleanliness, the attentive staff and the comfortable beds (with clean linens "for every guest"). Of course it's a good location but that is a secondary reason for me. As a woman travelling alone at times, I always feel safe and secure in all areas of this hotel. The staff take the time to look you in the eye greet you as though you are a true guest and not just a customer. They go out of their way to attend to your needs and it is appreciated!!! I have stayed at fancier hotels where you are made to feel as though your visit doesn't matter, they could learn a great deal from the staff at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank clpeterson
bc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed in a corner room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking Terry Fox Square. At night we could lie in bed and see the city lights from downtown, across the Cambie St Bridge, right up to city hall. Lots of shopping within walking distance as well as the Cirque Du Soleil that we came to Vancouver for. The complimentary breakfast is definitely better that average with a very upscale seating area. The staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. All in all we had a great time at a great hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple