“Love this budget place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vancouver
Shaughnessy Village
Ranked #75 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle, Washington
“Love this budget place”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, great price, super location and quite a bit of funky, the good kind! Felt like a comfortable place that I would recommend to the adventurous. A bit older, but still a place with character.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Spudandpotatoheads

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I inquired at Shaughnessy Village and was told they have apartment rentals. I was under the impression this was a business with short term and long term rentals. What it is is a really run down place with many social problems. I stayed there two months and many things were stolen. I came home one day and there was a business man who was in town for a week and left some things downstairs and they were stolen. He was at the front desk in quite a panic. I also was woken up at 4 am with a fire, a real one because they rent to people from skid row. These people have drug problems and while staying at shaughnessy village, all one could smell was pot, cigarette smoke and other offensive odors. It is supposed to be non-smoking but these people have "habits" and just don't go outside for example if it is raining. They stay up all night doing drugs and fight and start fires. It is not safe. And the people involved in this just changed rooms so there is no consequence like for example being asked to leave. There was also a woman who had the ambulance service there weekly and would get wasted and start screaming in the hallway. It is a super small space, the walls are thin, and it is awful They keep $100 for a maintenance fee although it wasn't painted when I moved in. I know people need a place to live so the government should help these people with proper social services because as it is they rent cheap accommodation and are left to their own devices of mental illness and substance abuse. There are other places that are also a decent price and I would suggest staying there because it just isn't safe for families or single woman. I went to the front desk to report a fist fight and nothing was done. This place is really troubled and the elevators are always broken. And the front desk staff laugh at the mentally ill people, and do not care or help. They are just not qualified to deal with social problems and mental illness.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
19 Thank Mitch F

Travelers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed in this facility for 5 months spanning 2012-2013 and found the staff and accomodation very acceptable and well managed. Staff were courteous, pleasant and flexible and the room rates were great. Unfortunately they closed their restaurant, which was a very convenient place to go.

You will have 1-3 blocks walk depending on what you need. Bus is very close by. All in all a very nice place to stay with very professional staff.

Room Tip: Rates go up as you do in the choice of room and height in the building. The back of the Village is l...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dan P
Cache Creek, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had an awesome stay with the Shaughnessy Village. The staff were so friendly & considerate to us in our time of need . My oldest son was in an accident & I wasn't in the right state of mind at times , and the staff here were so friendly & considerate to all of us....made us feel right at home & so welcome....always seeing if we needed anything. They offered us a continental breakfast which included the coffee or juice....fresh fruit....yogurt & different cereals & toast. My hubby & I were very comfortable there that we plan on our next visit will definatley be with them. The place was kept very clean at all times, we also had use of the laundry room , swimming pool & jagcuzzi ?? & a beautiful garden to sit & relax in , they also have underground parking which is secured [ MADE US FEEL SAFE ] We had a beautiful view of Vancouver . Special thanks to Nathalie for her dear words of comfort & consideration & her dear kindness. We also like to thank Rob & Glen & the rest of the staff too. We would definatley recommend the Shaughnessy Village to all our friends & any one who wants a very nice place to stay while in Vancouver. We stayed from April 25th to May 16th.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Darlene M
Dammam, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was there from January 10, 2013 to February 9, 2013 and my stay there was decent. The room was clean and the staff were nice and helpful. The bed was more than enough. Kitchenette could use a vent, so if you're cooking think twice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Mohamed E
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was a nice place to stay. The staff were kind and considerate. It gave me a place to rest during my husband's stay in the hospital. Less than a 10 minute walk to VGH The room was a studio apt, just the right size for me. How much room do you need? My bed was comfortable. I would recommend this place to other people, and I already have. Continental breakfast included with room, but did not include coffee.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank TMM_13
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had a great time staying here. My room had a nice view of the North Shore, the bed was comfortable and I had all the room I needed. I was even able to do my laundry! I do wish I there had been some cutlery in the kitchenette because I ate some takeaway dinners and I hate sporks.

I found out about this place because a friend took me to eat Japanese breakfast in the dining room. I recommend it.

Room Tip: As for one with a view of the north shore
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo