“Always the best”

Ranked #35 of 54 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Always the best”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This month, on two separate occasions, two colleagues of mine, and family from out of town stayed at the MGH. The colleagues were new to Vancouver, and the family have been here before and aways request this accommodation. The Manor really does feel like a home away from home. It is quiet, restful, clean, and the gardens are magnificent at this time of year. My guests and I struck up a conversation with the gardener while sitting in the garden. What an interesting woman. Then it turned out she was the owner - one of her great joys is doing her own gardening. And she is a woman well into her 50's I would guess. It is these little touches of friendliness, along with the beauty of the establishment and excellent location, which keeps us coming back and back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I recently spent 4 nights at the MGH in Vancouver, with my wife and our two small children. We loved the location of the house, close to all of the attractions we wanted to see, yet away from the noise of downtown. We enjoyed an amazing breakfast every morning, which was graciously accommodated to meet the dietary restrictions of my family members. I would recommend this establishment to anyone and will stay here again in the future if visiting Vancouver.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kemptville, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We spent 4 days at the MGH in early July and it was a wonderful base for our touristing. David made us feel welcomed, was accommodating and gave us helpful advice on what to see and what to avoid. It is in a safe, clean, residential area, 10 minutes by SkyTrain to downtown. Very convenient. The breakfasts were very good, although all vegetarian (maybe a coincidence during or stay, we didn't inquire). It is a charming, older home with plank floors, high ceilings and very comfortable rooms. We enjoyed it very much and recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our first trip to Vancouver was made more memorable with our booking a room for three nights at this welcoming and homey B & B. We stayed in the old library which was spacious and oozed with character. The guest house's location was in close proximity to most of the typical tourist haunts which certainly helps when you are in a place that you are unaccustomed to.
The owner was most attentive to all our needs which made our stay even more enjoyable.
Thubs up to the Manor Guest House!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our group of 5 met here for a meeting. We were close to public transportation, the gourmet breakfasts were amazing, walking in their gardens and on the street were simply gorgeous with all the flowers. We would definitely come here again when visiting Vancouver. We had two cars and were able to park behind the house.

Room Tip: We had the full kitchen, 2 bedroom with a small living room and balcony. If you have trouble with h...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

What a fantastic way to start our vacation in Vancouver. After getting a little lost we finally found our way to the Manor guest house at 2AM, although we were supposed to arrive at around midnight, the resident manager David welcomed us personnally with a smile and his wonderful sense of humour. He made us feel right at home! He even offered to help bring our luggage upstairs in the morning. We stayed in the Penthouse which was very comfortable, clean and spacious for my husband and two daughters. The roof top patio overlooking the city and Coastal Mountains was also a definite bonus! David served us a delicious breakfast every morning which was lovely and offered friendly chat and helpful advice about places to go and how to get there. The garden was beautifully manicured and had plenty of spaces with patio tables and chairs to sit and relax . We would highly recommend staying here and wouldn`t hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was a guest at the Manor in late June of this year and was very pleased with my choice. It was my first time at a B&B, and I was a bit apprehensive about it in the beginning; but, it turned out that my concerns were really not justified. The manager, David, was very welcoming and put me at ease from the outset. He and the owner, Brenda, were very professional as well as pleasant based on my experience with them. My room was clean, comfortable and simply lovely. I was pleasantly surprised with the breakfasts, in light of the fact that I am a vegan and was able to find a fairly wide variety of options to choose from. I also appreciated the free parking and the great location. All in all, it was a very nice experience and I would definitely consider staying there the next time I’ll be in Vancouver. Please feel free to contact me for more details (poeticjustice1948@gmail.com). Robert Brown

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business