“Location, location, location!”
Review of Manor Guest House

Manor Guest House
Ranked #34 of 56 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was my first visit to Vancouver and have to stay that the accommodation was just perfect. Peace and quiet although the house was full. Walking distance from Cambie, Broadway and with easy reach to public transport. David was most helpfull in guidance provided to walk through the city. When I come back I will stay in the same place and already made recommendation to a few friends. The staff was really friendly and the garden was just wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This Guest House is well appointed, comfortable, and quiet. I have never slept in a more comfortable bed. The chef went out of his way to make breakfast a gourmet experience.
And the location was centered near many of the beautiful places to visit. The sky train and the subway were close and convenient. Never had a problem hearing other guests - even though the house was full. The staff was kind and helpful and efficient. The landscaping was inviting...we'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Candy B
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I got a long-term room here for two months. It was a nice old room in a historic mansion (and though the room was beautifully antique, the bathroom was newly renovated, which was welcome). The best part about the place, of course (besides David, the world's friendliest manager) is the location, right off of Cambie (and three blocks from Broadway). You're simultaneously in the heart of things, while experiencing the peace and silence of a cottage. Which is good for fickle sleepers. You can also lounge out in the big Adirondack chairs out front or on the porch.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jay I
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Spent a weekend up here with colleagues -- the guesthouse is in a terrific downtown location, conditions were terrific, and the yard was great with lots of outdoor Adirondack chairs for lounging around. The best part was probably the amazing, delicious breakfast: different daily, but always sumptuous. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tiffany C
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stumbled onto a great place near downtown Vancouver on ym buisness trip from Montreal. With the skytrain just a few blocks away the location is very convenient for any first timer's coming to Vancouver, or what ever the case may be. The staff we're extremely fun and made my stay more than pleasant. If I ever find myself out west again, I'll be sure to visit the Manor. The gardens were absolutely beautiful but I found myself un-able to fully enjoy them as much as I would have wanted to because unfortunately another party monopolized the space while I was there. But the Manor overall is a very wonderful place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jason G
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I recently had a few friends fly into Vancouver to visit me. As a student i rent my space, without any room i couldn't house my guests. So i went online to find a local place for them. Luckily came across TripAdvisor. My friends where definitely pleased with the location of The Manor. Being so close to restaurants and transit. We spoke recently and they really enjoyed their stay, suggesting they would visit again. I had met a few of the staff one morning, friendly and very welcoming.
The Manor is sort of a hidden gem, in my opinion. Great location for leisure trips and very affordable. Would like to say thank you for impressing my friends. They loved the stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our stay at the Manor was very pleasing to say the least. The resident manager David was extremely helpful in aiding us find our way around Vancouver during our stay.
The rooms looked amazing, the view was spectacular at night through our kitchen window and the location could not of been any better! We awoke in the morning to the scent
of beautiful gardens and a lovely breakfast! Thank you for having us, we'll be visiting again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple