“Friendly staff but run down building”
Review of Manor Guest House

Manor Guest House
Ranked #35 of 53 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

We were here for 3 nights. Location and service was very good. Very polite and helpful. Only 20 minute walk to downtown Vancouver.
However the building is old and run down and needs some serious renovation. The floor in our room made alot of noise when walked. The windows wont stay up without extra support. And the worst thing was the mousetrap under our bed.
Breakfast was ok but not great.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank B-K_belgium
There are newer reviews for Manor Guest House

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I am getting married in June and was trying to book two rooms mid-week for our parents to stay. The man on the other end of the phone was so incredibly rude, so uninterested in answering my questions, and so un-interested in my business he practically hung up on me! If they aren't at least nice when you inquiring about renting a room, I can only imagine how nice they are once they have your money...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank annie24154943
ManorGuestHouse, Manager at Manor Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Our two night minimum was not met by this person trying to reserve a room. I said everything I could to get her to realise even though she wanted to reserve more than one room for one night it still didn't meet our two night minimum per room.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I recently spent some time here whilst on business and it's highly convenient. 5 minute walk to the Skytrain which takes 10 minutes to get Downtown and loads of restaurants and bars nearby.

I'd stay here again but it does need some work. The decor is a bit tired and the kitchen facilities could be more modern but overall it's ok. Perfectly reasonable for the good price. The shower and bed is always my main requirement when staying away and they didn't disappoint. The bed was huge and really comfy and the shower was powerful although on one occasion I had lukewarm water for some reason - that only happened once though.

Service was adequate too although on some occasions when asking for something I was told how to do it myself instead of the owner doing it.

All in all, fine experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank m0nkey123
Reviewed February 5, 2012

The best thing about this place is the location. Minutes away from the skytrain and lots of amenities nearby. My wife and I were in town for a wedding, and the venue was nearby, so this was perfect. It is also a block away from the nearest busy street, so there was no road noise.

As another reviewer noted, though, the house is in need of some repairs and updates - i.e. new paint, some cracks in the drywall, some places that have been patched with drywall and not re-painted, the door to the bathroom didn't close properly all the way, etc. The room could have also been cleaner regarding the window sills, some hair on the floor, etc.

A couple of things, also, that could be improved upon: each day when our room was tidied while we were out, additional shampoo/soap etc should be left. As it was, I was mixing water in the bottle the last morning because we ran out, and it was too early (due to having to catch a flight) to go ask for more (which we shouldn't have to do anyways). I was also surprised to see my visa charged on the first day which we arrived, rather than waiting to ring the purchase through after we had left; this is the first time I've seen that happen. Finally, while I don't really watch T.V. aside from the news, the T.V's in the room are in dire need of being upgraded.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2011

The Manor was a stop over before we headed out onto a cruise and we found it quiet, comfortable, and quaint. The manager was full of helpful information and had some funny stories to share with us and the breakfast staff were wonderful. It was an overall great way to start our vacation and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Shake2
Reviewed September 24, 2011

As a a consulting company with international operations we often host employees in town for extended stays. We often house them at the Manor Guest House and have been doing so for years. We get excellent accommodations at very reasonable prices; the staff is immensely helpful in fulfilling our requests, many of which are last minute, and we consistently get very positive feedback from the people we house there. They comment in particular about the great breakfasts, beautiful ambiance, and the central location with such close proximity to downtown.
I would not hesitate to recommend the Manor Guest House to any company needing to house out of town visitors, or for that matter, to anyone visiting Vancouver.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MarkFrein
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Our stay in the beautiful city of Vancouver B.C. was made even more enjoyable by our stay at the Manor Guest House. The innkeeper was very helpful to us upon arrival and our room was very spacious and comfortable. The location was great and we appreciated the ability to park the car in a secure location and not have to drive during our stay! The cook/cleaner was delightful and prepared a wonderful breakfast each morning. We enjoyed the neighborhood and the central location.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple