Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 4, 2019

When I was booking a hotel in Vancouver only a few weeks before arriving, it was definitely the best valued place that I saw. There were some cheaper places that were under construction and with recent reviews of infestations which I wanted to avoid and this was the next cheapest. The Gage residence has air conditioning while one of the others does not so pay attention to that when booking at UBC.

The convenience of the UBC bus depot/station was great as it had express and regular routes to everywhere we wanted to go. One minor downside is that MobiBikes don't service near the campus so you have to first take a bus out of the campus to start you day biking with them.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmn10088
Reviewed June 21, 2019

I enjoy all the UBC hotel-like options. Gage (and West Coast Suites and Ponderosa Studios) are always spotless, spacious, quiet, and convenient. The housekeeping is typically good, although sometimes they don't replace towels or glasses. Laundry is available via some type of card obtained from the front desk, perhaps? Parking was $16 CAD, and we did not have any issues finding a spot, even during graduation ceremonies. Staff was always wonderful. Construction on campus makes walking around a bit challenging, but certainly not awful. There are not a large number of restaurants close by, so it may be worth getting groceries to cook your own breakfast in your suite. I thought the beds were very comfortable, and climate control in the rooms was very good.

Room tip: We prefer rooms away from elevators, but any rooms seemed fine at Gage.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Luve2Travel35
Reviewed June 10, 2019

We stayed not in the tower but in one of the low-rise parts of the Gage in what advertised itself as an apartment. That is, it had a separate bedroom area, a living room/kitchen area and a bathroom. What hotels often get away with calling a suite. It is a good bargain, going for about what a normal room in a good downtown hotel would cost. And if you have business at the University the location can't be beat. Our stay included full breakfasts for us both each day. Problems? Two of us were staying in the room but only one hand towel was provided each day. The room had a safe but it didn't work. The furniture is getting rather worn in places. We told the front desk about the first of these and nothing was done so that did not inspire us to pursue any other issues.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
UBC_Accommodation, Manager at Gage Residence at UBC, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Thank you for choosing the Gage Apartments. We are glad that you found the room to be of good value. We are sorry to hear about your housekeeping service. That is definitely not up to par with our housekeeping standards and we will bring this up with our housekeeping team. Our front desk should have taken more action and followed up. We do apologize this was not done and we can assure you that this is not the norm. We appreciate your feedback and will work to improve our hotel and guest experience.

Reviewed June 5, 2019

In recent years I’ve usually stayed in the Gage Residence apartments while in Vancouver, so booking here when I would be attending a conference on the UBC campus was a no-brainer. The location is very quiet and convenient, the rooms are more than adequate, the wifi is free, the kitchenette enables you to make your own breakfast, and the price is reasonable. What more can you want.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for coming back to the Gage Apartments and being a loyal guest. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again on your next visit to Vancouver.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

I stayed for 6 total nights at the Gage, and can't speak highly enough of how enjoyable my time was on the UBC campus. My son was in a hockey camp, and I was able to work in our room and at the Bean Around the World coffee shop. The room was exceptionally clean and quiet, the beds and bedding were great and I couldn't believe how nice the pull-out bed was. Honestly the nicest and most comfy pull-out bed I've ever seen. I'm definitely staying at The Gage every time I visit Vancouver from now on. Great value!!

Room tip: The first floor is best if you're bringing a bicycle, and the elevator is slow if you need it and stay in an upper-level room.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
UBC_Accommodation, Manager at Gage Residence at UBC, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Thank you for staying with us for almost a week. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated Gage Apartments. We would be more than happy to welcome you back again next time you visit Vancouver.