All reviewsdenman streetfull kitchenstanley parklost lagoonkatherine hepburnclassic suiteapartment buildingwest endliving rooma quiet residential areahome away from homesecond bedroomtree lined streetpenthouse suitefew blockswell equipped kitchenfree upgrade
Reviewed August 15, 2008

We have just came back from Vancouver, had stayed in the hotel for 3 nights.

We were there late at around 7PM which is after the lobby opening hour from 9am - 5:30PM. I didn't get the late check in information at the first place, it could be my own fault that I didn't ask for it. I called the number from the intercom system outside the hotel. After a couple of try, I got in the hotel, but still didn't know how to unlock the key box. Luckiely enough I have met a couple who checked in late as well and know the passcode to unlock the keybox. Our room is at #108 first floor. I think this is probabely the worst unit in the whole building. The bathrom is next to the corridor, the bedrooms are next to the street, the kitchen is next to the entrance of garage. Two bedroom, eough bed for five of us. The room is at the small side, kitchen is small but equipped with everything we need. I am very dissapointed with bathroom, two bedroom suite with only one bathroom, and very small and run down. When we were there, the next door building is ding the remodeling, it was very noisy.

When I booked hotel, we didn't expect to rent a car, so I didn't reserve a parking spot. But we had rented a car as a last minute decision, though the front desk is closed, but with a few phone calls I was still able to get hold of someone to arrange the parking space.

The house keeping comes twice a week, it was fine with us.

The location is very nice, just a few blocks away from a busy street, with shops and restaurant, very convenient. Stanley park is just a short stroll away.

When we check out the last day, we were able to store the baggage at the front desk for half a day, and was able to print our boarding pass in the front desk.

Overall stay is pleasant. But I will try a different hotel in the same area next time.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2008

We recenty spent 4 nights at the Rosellen Suites with family and friends that came over from England. The accomodations and the staff could not have been nicer!
The location is 1/2 block from the Lagoon on Stanley Park and it is an easy walk to restaurants, grocery shopping,Stanley Park and more. I would definately recommend the Rosellen Suites to eveyone and we will be very excited to visit Vancouver again soon and stay at the Rosellen Suites again.
I would give it 5 stars for efficient and friendly staff and service, cleanliness, size of the suite and the central location!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2008

I booked a two bedroom suite at this hotel after reading the reviews on this website and looking at its location on Google maps. After visiting W. Vancouver last summer, i wanted a location close to Stanley Park so that we could stroll to and enjoy exploring the park and its amenities with the kids.

The neighborhood for the building is great and well kept. Neighbors are friendly and its just two easy blocks to the shops and resturants on Denman. The foyer of the hotel has a easy worn charm. The manager was a nice enough gentelman. The room #107 was on the ground floor with the living room window facing the alley. Not the best location I thought. The 2 bd unit was quite warm and i was surprised to find no central AC in the living room but the two bedrooms had a unit each, retrofitted into the glass windows.

The kitchen was smaller than i expected. and there was just a single full bath. Overall, everything was old and a bit worn but clean. I doubted the two small AC units would cool the living room judging from their recessed locations and i was correct. I left the units on all through the stay and when we got back after an afternoon of exploration and wandering along the English Bay waterfront, the living room was still quite warm and still slightly less that comfortable.

The following morning, we went a block and stepped into Stanley Park with the intent of walking to the aquarium that was located in the park and we found the pedestrian trail along Lost lagoon. The day was warm and sunny and the edge of the lagoon was sprinkled with sleeping ducks and geese. The willows provided a speckeled shade from time to time and the walk was thoroughly enjoyable.

The Vancouver Aquarium turned out to be quite interesting. My 7 5 and two year old boys enjoyed every display. My personal favorite was the Amazon exhibit.

After the aquarium we wandered along the waterfront and then back up Denman street to the hotel. A nice day's activity.

Notable was the lack of maid service when we returned that evening . Then to find out that maid service was every other day, which is ok but not preferable with 3 kids.

Day two didnt improve the cooling situation. The living room area was small but with the lack of cooling seemed a bit opressive. The kids didnt notice , just the adults.

Next morning we awoke to discover that one of the cars was broken into..one of four cars vandalized, in the secure underground parking garage. ! what a downer.

The manager was apologetic and equally well-prepared with vacuum cleaners, plastic , tape and phone numbers to log a case with the local Police for insurance claims. I was quite disappointed that at the end of it all, the sense of safety of personal possessions was lost. Glad we didnt leave valuabls in the van .

My reccomendation- for the price, stay in a hotel wth better security. Its not worth it to have your car damaged and items stolen during a weekender at this hotel in Vancouver.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2008

Clean apt. in a great neighbourhood. We had a one bed. suite that was disappointingly much smaller than pic's on website but it was a smoking room so you know you won't be offered the best suite in the place ! Our bedroom window faced a side exit which was extremely noisy at night. Bathroom was very tiny and worn out looking. T.V. loudness control had been permanently altered - couldn't hear it well when turned to full volume!!

Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about area.

Neighbourhood is really lovely and very close to shopping on Robson St. and Stanley Park. Lots of great restaurants nearby.

Would stay again definitely but might be willing to smoke outside and have a bigger room or book one with a balcony instead!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2008

My sister and I had the pleasure of staying at the Rosselen Suites two nights in February 2008. Our flights were late so we did not arrive unitl 11 pm. The office was closed but they had left the keys and other information in a lock box for us. The unit was spacious, extremely clean, and very well-equipped.

We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family