Granville Island Hotel
Opus Hotel(Vancouver)
$441
$372
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$195
Suttonplace.com
$322
$287
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$237
$538
$460
Orbitz.com
2,360 results
All reviewsdockside restaurantpublic marketgreat locationart gallerieswater viewthe penthouseboutique hotelfront desk staffeasy accessdowntown vancouversea wallwonderful hotelstanley parkcreekgiaquabuswedding
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed here over Christmas and had a great time. The staff are exceptional especially since it was a holiday. I brought my doggies and the hotel was ideal for that-tiled floors, great walking paths and made to feel very welcome. The room was very clean, and I made good use of the balcony as the wine chiller. Great view and fresh air too! The salted caramel creme brulee was so decadent. I will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at the Granville Island Hotel over Christmas. The location is excellent for walking around Granville and accessing walking paths along the water. We had a suite which we would get again if we return. The suite consisted of 2 rooms with lots of windows looking out to the water. Excellent views. One room had a lovely king sized bed and workstation desk; the other had a couch with two lamped side tables, chair and coffee table. Both rooms had TVs on cabinets. The sitting area had a small bar fridge and microwave. Although this layout worked okay - it would have been helpful to have a small dinette-type table and 2 chairs. The bar fridge was stocked with lots of items for purchase - but we needed the space for our own things. It would have been better for us to have had a mini fridge with no 'for purchase' items. The bathroom was smallish for the size of the two rooms, with minimal counter space. We were staying for 3 days but had to take our toiletries out of the room each time we used them due to the limited space. There was an awkward plumbing glitch that the hotel attended to promptly. Parking is outside the hotel at a reasonable rate. The staff were all very pleasant, the restaurant serves delicious food, and we generally enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: I believe that the rooms are all of different sizes. You may wish to ask about room size when booking - some are quite small.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank diascott
gihotel, Director of Sales at Granville Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay online!
We really appreciate it.

Please feel free to ask for your mini bar to be emptied during your next stay! This way, you can use the fridge without having to move around the mini bar items. We can also add a small table with two chairs for you, if you have a suite! - Please note: Extra furniture does not fit in all rooms!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've stayed here many times and it isn't always perfect - this time it was. The room was excellent but not all rooms I guess are as good (last time there were a few minor maintenance issues). Both the food and service were very good for lunch and breakfast the next morning. the views are lovely - be sure to get a window in the dinning room if you can. Also take the time to wander around Granville Island - lots of artists' works on display.

Room Tip: seems to be the luck of the draw to some extent, but I have never had a "bad" room. Very good value in the off season.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I had high hopes after the best service I've ever received at a hotel desk. But the walk past the noisy catering kitchen and high traffic catering area was not fun. Next was into our room where it seemed nice. But the bathroom lighting was terrible and had a very tiny tub. Felt like a cheap hotel bathroom. Pillows and bed were very stiff and the walls were dirty. The lamp fixture on the wall was broken, the room was lacking care. Beautiful view of the harbor but didn't enjoy being able to be seen by the restaurant eaters on the outdoor dining. Overall ok. But some big disappointments for the amount paid out.

• Stayed: October 2013

As always comments both positive and negative are appreciated to assist making a better hotel stay for future guests.
I have asked the writer of this review to contact the hotel directly so we can discuss the issues that they experienced. I am also wondering if this post was suppose to be for another hotel as some of the details do not make sense. Our Patio has not been open since September so I am not positive how outdoor dinners could have effected this guests stay. We also do not have wall lamps - therefore they could not have been broken.

Our goal with Trip Advisor is to create a safe and open line of communication between our guests so I really hope Evergreen 87 will reach out to me so we can discuss their experience further.

Thank you.

Christine Louden
Sales and Marketing Manager
Granville Island Hotel
Christine@gihotel.net

Reviewed December 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Granville Island Hotel during the second weekend of December. We always enjoy the Granville and this visit was no exception. Our dinner at the hotel restaurant was the best we have ever experienced in our many visits to Vancouver BC. We have stayed at the hotel many times, and each time there is an upgrade in the premises. The location is perfect; you watch the Christmas ships parade by while sipping a glass of wine. A perfect venue for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Make reservations early, especially around the Holidays, and ask for a room with a good view of the water.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple