Granville Island Hotel
Opus Hotel(Vancouver)
$441
$372
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$195
Free cancellation until 05/31
$322
$287
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/03
$238
$221
Orbitz.com
$489
$349
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $395/night.

$538
$460
Agoda.com
2,360 results
All reviewsdockside restaurantpublic marketgreat locationart gallerieswater viewthe penthouseboutique hotelfront desk staffeasy accessdowntown vancouversea wallwonderful hotelstanley parkcreekgiaquabuswedding
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I'm almost reluctant to write this review, because I don't want prices at this great little hotel to go up. Granville Island Hotel is located in one of the best spots in an increasingly bustling city of Vancouver. Its out of the way, but in the middle of everything. Close to the market, the Arts Club Theatre, funky shops and downtown. My 11 year old daughter marvelled at the Toy Store, loved the food fudge vendors and even the buskers tunes. The standard room was a good size, clean and attractive. We opened our window to a view of the creek. Parking was an extra charge, but cheaper than downtown, and unless you're staying in the burbs, parking is going to cost you. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
gihotel, Director of Sales at Granville Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

You are absolutely right, we are very lucky to be located on such an amazing island! With local artists, amazing cuisine, and of course the Famous Public Market guests Granville Island offers something for everyone. I am pleased to hear that your daughter enjoyed the experience.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment and we do hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 18, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Granville Island Hotel. The staff were pleasant and accommodating to our needs, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds had good quality linens on them, and the modern decor was clean and inviting. We had a gorgeous water view, and zero traffic noise because of where the hotel is situated. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Granville Island Hotel for one night this week. I gave a presentation in one of their meeting rooms which was expertly set up and monitored by the staff. My guests were greeted and welcomed as they came in and then shown to the meeting room - they were impressed with the helpfulness of the staff. I traveled with my Boston Terrier, Sophie, who was treated like the queen of Granville Island for the night and we went for some lovely walks in the area - very peaceful! Room service was excellent and again -the staff very helpful. All in all, was an excellent experience right from booking to checking out.... and I travel a LOT! I recommend this hotel for it's location and charm - anytime!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
gihotel, Director of Sales at Granville Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on trip advisor!

I am very pleased that you and your Sophie enjoyed your stay! Our hotel offers an amazing location for people traveling with their pets because of the close proximity to parks.

I am pleased to hear that your function went well. We call ourselves the small meeting specialists because we go out of our way to provide only the best service.

Again, thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to seeing you next time you visit Vancouver.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

I have stayed here a number of times for business and with my family. It is the perfect location near the water, all the museums, the water taxis and the great Market. The people working at the Hotel are so friendly and helpful, I will certainly return. The restaurant has very good food and looks out on the water too. We have a dog so like that it's pet friendly and they have a pet daycare that can pick up at the Hotel too. You can also rent bikes nearby for touring.

1  Thank VictoriaClan
Reviewed March 8, 2011

This is my second visit to Granville Island Hotel in eight years and both times have been exceptional; last time I didn’t know about tripadvisor though!

I’ve been here for nine days and I couldn’t be happier. I looked at a few different rooms and they vary in size and view. They’re currently renovating all the bathrooms and the new look is beautiful; even nicer than the Hyatt Regency where I stayed a few days prior to this hotel. All the rooms have been remodeled with nice big screen TVs, very comfortable beds and nice décor. Even the bathrooms in the rooms where the bathrooms have not yet been remodeled are still very nice. I recommend room 326… vaulted ceiling with cedar beams, king bed, wet bar and a fantastic water view… at a standard room price.

The service is fantastic… in nine days I’ve only encountered nice, friendly, helpful, courteous, attentive and caring employees. A special shout-out to Christine, AJ, Oleg Adam and Kim for their help. They go above and beyond and seem to really enjoy making sure the guests are happy. The housekeeping service is excellent; the room was spotless every day. At the hotel’s restaurant where I ate often, the service was attentive and friendly; they even went out of their way tonight to make a strawberry compote for the cheesecake because I didn’t want the cherry compote! They asked me if I wouldn’t mind waiting as they offered to make it from scratch… highly worth the wait. I also recommend the huevos rancheros for breakfast. The food is excellent and the view is amazing.

Granville Island is an oasis inside a city. If you’re looking for an active nightlife then this isn’t the right fit. If you’re looking for a walk-able and relaxing spot then this couldn’t be better! I travel often, I stay in many nice hotels and I really can’t find any suggestions for improvement here. In Vancouver, I’ll only stay here from now on.

1  Thank TheGGoose
gihotel, Director of Sales at Granville Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your hotel stay! We really appreciate your feedback!
Due to your long stay, you really got to experience everything the Granville Island Hotel has to offer!
We look forward to seeing you next time you visit Vancouver!

Cheers,