“Great Location, Great Price, Great Management, Free and Safe Parking”

Robsonstrasse Hotel & Suites
Ranked #82 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Location, Great Price, Great Management, Free and Safe Parking”
Reviewed October 11, 2005

Just returned from three night stay -- staff couldn't have been better. Upgraded us to a one bedroom, which was greatly appreciated. Very clean and quiet. Free parking behind hotel -- behind an iron gate -- secure and well lighted. Walking distance to everything on Robson and the area. Only issue is they need to provide a few supplies for the kitchenette (paper towels and trash -- perhaps dish soap). An excellent value.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed September 12, 2005

Robsonstrasse is a very clean and centrally located hotel that we chose because pretty much everything else reasonably priced in Vancouver was booked.

Positives: clean, spacious (got a large room with a little kitchenette), covered parking included, service is attentive and polite

Negatives: quality of fixtures, furniture, etc. is a little run-down and flimsy, can be noisy due to location, parking garage can be very awkward to maneuver, even with a small car. Also, you may not wish to deal with Robson Street traffic, which can be very heavy.

This was my first visit to Vancouver and I didn’t really mind the place, but my boyfriend was disappointed and said it was the worst place he’d stayed in Vancouver. The place is pretty devoid of charm, but if you don't mind that and you get a better deal than we did, this might be the place for you.

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 10, 2005

My wedding is in early September in Vancouver. I am not from Vancouver. I had reserved 8 rooms for my extended family at the end of May. I called to add a room on Aug. 7. The reservation had been lost.

I tried to rebook, and was told that "there are a pile of faxes on the Reservation Manager's desk and he will call you tomorrow." I never heard from him, and was never able to make contact with him. I was not allowed to rebook owing to the size of my booking.

3 days later, following 1 or 2 calls per day (I'm not exaggerating - I left 2 voicemails and spoke to 5 people), a front desk clerk finally helped me rather than saying I had to wait for the Reservation Manager. She offered a rate of 119, whereas I had initially booked at 109. I said ok. She called back 2 hours later and said she had been forced to cancel, as the minimum charge was 129.

I am livid. Clearly, I haven't stayed there, but God knows I've tried to.

• Stayed August 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Reviewed June 5, 2005

Got a room at the Robsonstrasse after leaving a horrible room at the Greenbrier across the street. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was beautifully rennovated, spotless, ordorless and nicely furnished. Stayed there on a long weekend and did not hear a sound from the other rooms - that's a first! The entire building is smoke free and very clean. Free secured parking.

Had a wonderful weekend and I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed May 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 1, 2003

Wow, I am surprised to read that someone else had a bad experience. The ladies at the desk were so nice to us. The location was great, the rooms were nice and price was really good (especially with the exchange rate). We made arrangments to leave our car there for the entire day after we checked out (very dangerous to park on Robson Street) and they didn't charge us a thing. The hotel was under construction, but we didn't have any problems. I would stay there again. (don't go to the Tropicana across the street, yuk!)

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member