All reviews north suite master suite guest pantry b bs bed and breakfast stanley park within walking distance downtown vancouver breakfast was delicious quiet street yogurt west end living room granville island home from home each morning large room
Reviewed March 27, 2017

My husband and I stayed two nights in the penthouse room and two nights in a smaller room. Both rooms were very well-appointed, with much attention to detail. I was impressed with the high quality of everything about the place, as well as the homey and welcoming atmosphere. You could almost forget that you were in the middle of a big, modern city, and instead felt transported to a bygone era.
The breakfasts were out of this world. I appreciated the fact that the sitting room was always accessible, as was the stocked pantry, making us feel right at home. It is one of the few places where I have seen a bedside reading light supplied for each person which actually works. When my husband and I had to leave on the last day before the scheduled breakfast, the hostess went out of her way to serve us coffee, a pastry, cereal, yogurt, and delicious fruit salad.
All in all, this was a most enjoyable, elegant, and welcoming place to stay.

Room tip: All are good, but the penthouse is very spacious.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank 924jennifer
Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I booked this B&B because of the great location. Unfortunately the B&B had an unfortunate situation with a delivery truck hitting their sprinklers which caused flooding in some rooms. O'Canada house made all the arrangements and put us in a 4.5 star hotel. Class act.
We will definitely book with O'Canada house next time we come to Vancouver.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank boogamoo0664
Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

I want to be clear I haven't actually tried this B&B yet. The 5 rating is because I'd like to give them credit for their wonderful customer service. My fiancé and I were booked to go and ran into some unforeseen circumstances and had to cancel. I was worried about the charge for cancelling and so I called and let the owners know of the situation. They were not only understanding and sympathetic but didn't charge me for my cancellation. I don't know if I should spread the word about that, as they do have to maintain rules and regulations for their wonderful home business and maintain certain boundaries for charging for cancellations, but I must say that we had a legitimate issue come up and we really appreciated their understanding. We look forward to rebooking with them once we are able to and enjoying all the special features they offer.
Thanks again!
I hope your kind gesture comes back to you!

K,
mission BC

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank KL-CanadianTraveler
Reviewed January 4, 2017

You're paying for location. Very overrated/ over-priced/ average accommodation. The owner and her staff have limited understanding of hospitality – in terms of service and showing any level of interest in their guests. Left without even so much as knowing the owner's name! In hindsight we should have just paid a bit more and stayed in a nearby hotel – both in terms of quality and hospitality.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank CharlotteDBelfast
Reviewed November 29, 2016

How could I not love this place? This 1800s Victorian is lovingly decorated with beautiful antiques adding to the style of the period. Each of the six room is comfortably filled with a luxurious bed and superior linens. The common area features a working fireplace where I spent every early evening reading the provided guidebooks while enjoying a glass of sherry provided for guests. The included breakfast is as good if not better than any local restaurant. Chef, caretaker, Alexis is not only a friendly housemate with her irascibly sweet dog Daisy she's also the talent behind those amazing meals. O Canada is located in the middle of the West End making it walking distance from Downtown, Stanley Park, Davie Street and Granville Island.

Date of stay: November 2016