“GREAT: food, location, service, room”
Review of English Bay Inn

English Bay Inn
Ranked #6 of 56 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2006

Breakfast was an unbelievable treat in this clean, comfortable and very friendly B&B. The location, just off English Bay and close to Stanley Park, can't be beat and the entire staff made every effort to insure our visit was wonderful without being "in your face".

2  Thank drdinnj

Reviewed July 28, 2006

You are totally taken care of here by master chef and host extraordinare, Boban. Entering this heritage home feels like stepping into a classy European hotel. The rooms are immaculate, the food - always, the extra touch of gourmet and the conversation, delightfully stimulating. A great place to be quiet or to connect with other business people or travellers!
Sally Glover, consulant
Victoria, B.C.

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank tashandzak
Reviewed July 24, 2006

The English Bay Inn is a wonderful B & B within footsteps of Stanley Park and a block from the English Bay.

The rooms are charming and immaculate!

The breakfasts are as much a feast for the eye as well as the stomach!

We always feel welcome there and have felt so for the last 12 to 15 years.

Visiting Vancouver, B.C. wouldn't be the same if we didn't call "The English Bay Inn" our home while we were there!!

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank Halii
A TripAdvisor Member
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed July 15, 2006

We just got back from a trip to Seattle/Vancouver. We spent two wonderful nights in Vancouver and stayed at the English Bay Inn. It was very clean, the breakfasts were outstanding and everyone at the Inn was helpful and friendly.

Next time I go to Vancouver I'll certainly stay here.

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 9, 2006

I stayed at the English Bay Inn for three nights last week. I love this place! The room was exquisitely clean and very romantic. The staff were superb. Very helpful in making our stay enjoyable. They all went out of their way to help. Very pleasant. The breakfasts were really amazing. Tasteful and elegant. The location is perfect. Walk to English Bay. Walk to Robson St.

I love this place. I would highly recomend it. I think it is the best place to stay in all Vancouver. It has the service and elegance of a 5 star hotel, yet the comfort and personable attention of home.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank hammockcat
Reviewed March 5, 2006

We recently stayed at this B&B and were really dissapointed. The room was dusty and dirty and smelt very musty as did the rest of the house. The 'amazing' breakfast advertised was very poor in comparison to other B&B's we have stayed in in Canada. We have stayed at the Bayview Guest House in West Vancouver and would recommend this very highly, better location and great views and really amazing breakfasts.

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank Vancouver2006
Boban_v, Owner at English Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2006

I am confused with this review since at the time it was originated, March 2006, we checked that there was nobody from Surrey who stayed in the English Bay Inn. In addition, there was not a single guest of ours in February or March that complained to myself, or my crew regarding the cleanness of the place or the quality of breakfast. I can state that my maid, who is of Korean origin, is the cleanest person I ever met and has pride in the job she is doing and it shows in her excellent work habits. I am a certified chef and we have about 15 different meals that we serve to our guests rarely do we not get compliments on them. In period February - March 2006 we did not have a single complaint regarding the food. As I was doing breakfast at this time I would have been aware of a complaint or problem.

A TripAdvisor Member
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed August 21, 2005

Everything about this inn is wonderful: the room, the location, the people. It was one of the most enjoyable vacations we ever had. End of May is a great time to visit this city. You don't need a car; public transportation is great. The inn is near some really good restaurants, but the greatest attraction, Stanley Park is pratically right outside the front door.

Stayed: May 2005