“Fabulous view!”

Ranked #67 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Campbell River, Canada
“Fabulous view!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

You get what you pay for, and for $75, the Empire Landmark provided a very clean, comfortable room with a spectacular view. It isn't a luxury hotel anymore but was the perfect base for a Vancouver shopping getaway. We stayed on the 27th floor looking towards BC Place along Robson Street. The beds and duvets were great and this room appeared to have been updated. This is an older building with older windows which let in a bit of noise and cold, but the thick curtains blocked that when closed. Front desk staff were very helpful. Excellent shopping and restaurants just a short walk away, easy access to public transit too. Free Wi-Fi. No safety concerns walking along Robson late at night.

Room Tip: Great views from upper floors.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tyeegirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I used hotwire, so I didn't know I was getting empire landmark until after I paid. I read the reviews here before I checked in. Most ppl had a bad experience with this hotel, so I was kind of scared...
I stayed at a double-double on the 5th floor the first night. The room was more spacious compared to the king room I stayed at on the second night. The rooms were clean, BUT every single piece of furniture should be replaced! New beddings and mattress are very necessary. New carpet should also be considered. New hairdryer, new toilet, new bath/shower, new wall paper, etc. I only paid $75 per night for friday and Saturday nights. I guess I can't complain. many attractions are within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Eric X
Texas
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Mom and I were on a trip to Seattle and I decided to drive her up to Vancouver for a day/night since she'd never been to Canada. I booked the Empire Landmark hotel on a whim thru an online booking site. I knew it was right on Robson Street and close to English Bay. Perfect location.

Apparently, I didn't read the fine print because we arrived to find that the electricity was going to be shut off for 6-8 hours due to some construction. The hotel had decided to do so in the middle of the night which sounds fine except there would be no heat and it was about 35degrees (F) out. My facial expression must have given away my shock because the front desk person immediately asked if I wanted a refund. I told him that this was mom's first visit to Vancouver and I wanted it to be nice. He said he would do his best and offered a room with a view and high floor (away from construction), free breakfast, extra blankets, flashlights and then told security (right then and there) that they should patrol our floor every 20 - 30 min. We took the chance. I'm glad we did. Our view of the bay was wonderful. The room was a bit dated but clean. We went up to the revolving restaurant for dinner and had a wonderful meal with an amazing view of the city. We didn't even notice the power outage as we slept thru it (12midnight to 6am). The breakfast was decent. Then we strolled Robson Street again before moving on to more siteseeing. Everyone at that hotel was cordial and accomodating - securtiy, front desk, cleaning crew, store clerk....everyone. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We have been there and wanted to stay for one night in Vancouver to explore the city, what we got was the most terrible experience we ever had.
First we asked for a space in their parking lot, the receptionist told us that we should take all our belongings with us and leave nothing in the car. This sounded a bit strange to us since the space is 40 Dollars per day but we where convinced that this warning is necessary. When we drove in the parking lot which was winding and barely lighted we saw a lot of odd peoples hanging around, some looked homeless and some where Asian, sitting on the floor (god knows why) eating.
Next Highlight was the room, there where a lot of stains on our duvet cover and while the shower was broken, we where welcomed by some silverfishes and other insects. Also there was a strong urine-smell.
To put things short: if you wanna stay in a hotel without the danger of getting really sick, stay away!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Marius R

Travelers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The rooms are old, the beds uncomfortable and the bathroom had black stains all over the counter top. The view was amazing from Cloud 9 but the food wasnt worth half what we paid for it.
I only took my credit card out once in Vancouver, to pay for this hotel and subsequently $2,500 was fraudulently charged to it. I have no proof that the hotel stole the information but it seems awfully likely to me. So this is a note of caution for future travellers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Travelling_Breebree
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Empire Landmark is a bit on the tired side but benefits from a superb downtown location. We stayed in a double room with another couple which was very cozy - no queens, only double beds. There was crazy loud sounds from the plumbing in the walls at random hours. We brought earplugs given the propensity for snoring among our group so this didn't bother us through the night (but would have w/o the plugs). Was very annoyed that ice is only available between 8am-10pm in a locked room (along with laundry and a vending machine). 10 is pretty early. Views are amazing, staff was very pleasant. Highly recommend reflexology treatment available in the Te-ate "spa" in the lobby. Had an amazing treatment from "Mr" - cured my sore feet (from too much shopping) and my indigestion (from too much indulgence). Probably wouldn't choose this hotel again - and only if able to stay in a room with larger beds.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
ND
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I spent 7 days at the Empire Landmark in Nov 2013. From the advance reservations (thru Amtrak), to the room rate, to the lobby/reception area and final registration the facility and service were outstanding. The location is on a main street and central in a large city. Taxi, Limo, rental services are readily available. Our room on the 28th floor was very comfortable and clean with a glass sliding door wall and balcony overlooking the city and harbor! Superior view at a superior rate! The only room negative is the dated carpet and heat/A-C fan 24 hrs a day! The beds are comfortable. The revolving top floor dining facility serves excellent and plentiful evening dinners in a clean and efficient environment at prices comparable to any fine dining facility. And the views are spectacular! About the only thing we would like to have seen is a main floor cafe' for breakfast and lunches. There are numerous choices within 2 blocks! Mostly Asian cuisine however. Free WiFi would be nice - but also nice to be away from it!! Parking is not free, but reasonable, however it is in the building and exceptionally convenient with elevators too! (PS: Room comes with seagulls on the rail for wildlife entertainment!) On registration you will need to provide a credit card and photo ID or deposit for phone or other room charges if used. We highly recommend this facility for the price.

Room Tip: The higher the better for views. Secure elevators and rooms with electronic card reader.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple