“Simply a great place”

Ranked #18 of 356 things to do in Vancouver
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This is one of Vancouver's most popular beaches offering panoramic views of downtown Vancouver, Burrard Inlet, and the North Shore Mountains. Surrounded by park land, restaurants, and beautiful people, it's the quintessential Vancouver beach experience.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Simply a great place”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Probably my favorite place in Vancouver. It's a very beautiful and nice beach where you can go alone or not, but I really enjoyed going alone to relax and pay attention to people waking by, dogs playing, beautiful houses. I had picnic with myself and found it pleasant. I asked to nice people take pictures of me and everything feels calm there. If I lived there would probably spend a lot of time there, unfortunately I couldn't enjoy the pool because of the cold weather.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank CeresBaer

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sudbury, Canada
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Great break for kids and parents”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

The beach was not that great with many mussel shells but interesting for kids to find dead carcasses of fish, red jellyfish and crabs. The playgrounds was great with many choices for kids to run around. The pool nearby looks humungous but a bit chilly. View was fairly good.

Visited August 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Ok beach. Very busy”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice little beach, clean, tidy. Good facilities.

We went there on a tues morning. Beach was packed. Lots of children on ski canoes etc. some oil in the water.

Ok though but nothing special.

Visited August 2013
La Herradura, Spain
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Amazing views from Kits Beach”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Staying with family in Vancouver, my niece recommended we went to Kits Beach. We went on a Monday afternoon and it wasn't too busy though I understand it gets very crowded on weekends. Parking wasn't a problem for us on the day we went. The views from here are amazing; I have never been on a beach like it so near a busy town centre.
We went in the water though it was very cold and sunbathed behind the big logs on the beach. There is volleyball and other ball games going on at the beach and a restaurant/ café overlooking the beach and decent toilets there too. A little breezy the day we were there but beautiful and sunny too. After a day on the beach we walked up to the shops nearby and had a nice meal at Burgoo. There are lots of nice shops and restaurants near Kits Beach.
On my return to a grey chilly Manchester, I often think about Kits Beach and can't wait to go back again.

Visited September 2012
Vancouver, Canada
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Neighbourhood Beach”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great walking & cycling path closeby. Plus a playground for young children. There is a restaurant open all year overlooking the beach with great views, plus a snack bar open during summer months downstairs. If you don't want to sit on the sandy beach - or play volleyball (several areas for that too), you can either lie on the many grassy areas, but be mindful of the the hundreds of dogs and geese droppings - just sayin'

Visited June 2013