“Weekend Stay”

Ranked #45 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle Washington
“Weekend Stay”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We went to Vancouver over the Valentine's Day weekend. Took advantage of a Travelzoo coupon. Beyond Restaurant was great, we had brunch. This hotel is central to downtown which made it convenient. Love it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Renton
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This place is too noisy. On the 22nd floor and lots of street noise, your neighbor, the refrigerator buzzing, and the bed was too firm. I did not sleep well for the 2 nights I stayed. Will not return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank M C
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed here by purchasing a Living Social deal, which turned out to be an extremely good deal. For under $120 we had a corner suite room, breakfast for two, parking and a coupon for spa products. Normally the package would include tickets to a comedy club, but the spa products were a great trade.

It looks like the hotel is going through an upgrade, so some rooms have been redone and others haven't. The property definitely is showing some age but our room was large, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom fine, if nothing fancy. The heater was kind of loud at night, so perhaps in the upgrades they will find a way to minimize the noise of that coming on at all hours. We loved the view from our suite (1707) and would definitely use the kitchen more if we were staying longer. A big plus for accepting dogs, too, although ours didn't come along on this trip.

Breakfast in the restaurant downstairs was a very good value, too. We had drinks there the night before and found the staff to be helpful and attentive.

Room Tip: As for a corner room facing the harbor, as the views are excellent. Being near the hospital, however...
Kimberley
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stay here every time! Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are quiet and clean. Location is central to many amenities such as movie theatre, shopping centre, restaurants. Spa right on location. Great coffee shop on location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Coldstream
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The location can't be topped. The building is older but clean, spacious and comfy. Most rooms have a kitchenette which is such a cost savings. The staff is unusual in Vancouver. This is a family-run place and it shows with the pride taken is guest service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Century Plaza for 2 nights. We took advantage of the "Valentines" package they were offering. We opted for the $250/night "King Executive Suite" expecting a little something more... NEVER AGAIN! The room it self was the bare minimum, with ripped lampshades, chipped & filthy walls. Our package included breakfast for two each morning in the restaurant downstairs. We reeeeally wanted a nice breakfast in bed (it was my boyfriends birthday) and when I called to the restaurant and asked if we could use our vouchers for in room service, I was rudely denied. I mentioned that I didn't mind paying an additional fee to have it delivered. "No, sorry. We can pack it up for you TOGO" .... How am I supposed to carry 4 drinks and 2 breakfasts up the elevator? I called front desk and she said there was a new manager in the restaurant and my breakfast would be delivered to my room shortly, "sorry for the inconvenience". After 2 more calls from the restaurant, 45 minutes later.. our breakfasts arrive. Soggy toast & hard yokes. Sigh. Time to move on with the day... Off to the Spa we go. We had a fabulous RMT couples massage booked. My therapist was amazing, best massage I've ever had, hands down. My boyfriend on the other hand had asked for firmer pressure 3 times throughout the massage and nothing. He left disappointed, I felt bad given that it was his Birthday. I carried on to have a Facial & Pedicure done. I work in the industry and never have the chance to be on the receiving end of things, nice to do a little pampering. My facial was more of an oily face massage than any kind of treatment and I am now suffering from one of the worst breakouts ever. Makes me so frustrated that I paid over $100 to have someone make my skin actually worse! My pedicure was okay, the scrub was nice but my paint smudge that night from wearing my boots (i was done by 3 and we didnt go out until 7, should have been plenty of time for my nails to dry correctly) She did no work on my cuticles and I've since had to go get another pedicure.
It gets worse... I happened to buy a lovely dress for the evening. Wore it that night.. and never saw it again. We checked out in a bit of a hurry the next day to catch the ferry back home. Once I was home unpacking I realized the dress was no where to be found. We literally went from hotel straight home. So I called the hotel knowing I'd left it there. The housekeeping denied ever seeing it. I KNOW I left it there.
All in all we spend over $1,000 in two nights at this hotel, lost a dress and will NEVER be going back. I work hard for my money and I feel ripped off.

4 Thank westcoastflo
Renton
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Just stayed for two nights thurs thru sat. Overall it was a great stay the room was bigger than expected, very clean, nice view! The location of this hotel is fantastic especially for the price. It's within walking distance of everything! Most of the other hotels in the area cost double or triple the price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! The only things i would say I was disappointed in were the shower water temp and the parking garage. When we would shower the temperature of the water would change drastically. It'd go from warm to super cold then get super hot. That's the first time i ever stayed at a hotel where the temperature of the water in the shower would change drastically and not stay consistent. The other thing I would complain about is something not really a big deal but one night we were planning on going out to check out the night life. I had to get something from my car, so i took the elevator down to the garage. We parked on the fourth floor of their garage but you can only go to the second floor of their garage and you have to walk up one flight of stairs. So it's not bad at all, but since it was after 11 the door to the fourth floor was locked and there was a sign saying you have to put in a code and your room number in the code lock pad. I didn't know the code so i went back down to the lobby and asked the front desk what the code was and the guy replied back "Sorry honestly i don;t know the code." He then told me to jus go to the second floor of the garage and just walk up. So i went back up to the second floor of the garage and walked up two floors to get to my car. it wasn't too bad of a walk but i was just irritated that they work there and they don't even know the code for the door, plus didn't like having to walk so much in the garage by myself late at night.