“Great one-night stay!”

Ranked #47 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Los Angeles
“Great one-night stay!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Pros:

Hotel is ideally located, staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are clean, in-room wifi is free and easy to access.

Stayed on the 30th floor, in a room with an amazing view of the city (rm 3009).

Cons:

The room needed some maintenance: repair of chipped paint in places, etc. and the decor could also use a bit of updating. But this was minor given all of the great reasons to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank mh_traveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Wymondham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

a very good hotel in a great situation in the middel of Vancouver. Perfect for walking to the main city centre sights and areas.
Big rooms, very clean, excellent staff who cant do enough to help guests.
The only negative is the hospital next door can lead to ambulances arriving late at night so a little noisy at times.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the rear they are quieter and the views are better,
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank proyle
Squamish, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was directly across from the facilities holding our convention, so was perfect location wise. We pre- paid the rooms months in advance lowering the normal mid summer downtown Vancouver rate by half and ensuring us rooms on this busy weekend.
The hotel staff from front desk to concierge to chamber maids were all very friendly and happy to help. I needed some tickets printed right away and was rather flustered by that but everyone was very helpful and put me at ease.
Special mention to Front Desk Manager Nikki who was understanding and kind enough to make my son and I's dream weekend come true!
The rooms may be a bit dated but are clean and the beds are comfy so we were super happy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Such a lovely hotel with great service. Our room was huge, with a kitchenette and decent sized bathroom and very clean. The beds were comfy (very important after a 14hr flight!) and we had a great view of downtown. Room service was very well priced and tasted great. It's in a pretty decent location, but that really depends on what you want to see in Vancouver. We visited the spa and it was a great treat. Probably not the best massage I've ever had, but I do happen to have a great massage therapist at home so I might be biased ;)
Overall the hotel was fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone staying in Vancouver.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here last week, as I needed to access St. Paul's hospital. From this standpoint, the location is awesome! The hotel is clean, decent, quiet and reasonably priced. For me, the staff is what makes it, though, and a special mention and thanks to Randy and Miles, who were simply heroes (professional, helpful, fun and funny, too).

We quite enjoyed the comedy club also, I must say!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy S
Lillooet, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel to be close to the hospital as a friend was having an operation. I was pretty leary and and so BLOWEN away by the exsellent service, the friendly people and a house kepping staff that was so increadablly helpful and kind. Any time night or day there was some one to help. The coffee shop was so clean and the people that worked there were right on top of things and by the second day they new my name and what I was going to order.

I was VERY DISAPOINTED with the dining room. My meal was cold by the time it got to me, the selections were increadablly few and hugely over priced and it took a very long time for the food to arive. Although I must admit that thier breakfast bangers were the best I'd ever eaten in Canada!

The Organic spa is increadable! I'm going back just for that! They treated me like royalty, pampered my body, my palet and my senses with the most delicious tastes, feelings and smells! It was truelly a little piece of heaven. I can't get the smell of thier signature lotions, body wash, shampoo and conditioners out of my mind so I had to bring some home. You won't be dissapointed if you go even just for the spa, it's truelly increadable.

The hotel is so convinient to central down town Vancouver for any serious shaopper. Not only are they wonderful but there is a salt water pool that is warm, no really, warm and the change rooms were filled with warm towels, thongs for your feet, a steam room, wash clothes, mouth wash, hand creams, shampoo, conditioner and even body lotion! And did I mention its all ORGANIC!! Ya! There are lockers to put your stuff in but remeber to bring a small lock with you. It was absolutely wonderful and I'm already making plans for a womens spa trip with my friends. You won't be disapointed.

Room Tip: Bring a small key lock for your locker in the swimming area as there isn't one provided. Rooms o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Liz M
Thatcham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Like lots of other reviews, we stayed one night pre Alaska cruise and 3 nights post. hotel is in a good location 1 mile from Canada Place (on the same street), all staff very friendly and engaging, Miles on reception was a star up-grading us to the 30th floor penthouse suite, fantastic views and room. We had one main meal in the hotel which was very, very good if not a bit expensive, as any city is. Our post cruise stay was just as good on the 27th floor. Coffee shop also very good value. Would not hesitate in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple