“Good for price”

Ranked #45 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Victoria, Canada
“Good for price”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here several times. Location is great. It's clean and affordable. Rooms are spacious and have fridges.

Bathrooms are dated, but for price it's worth it. Wish air conditioning worked better. Also no ice machines. The guest book says room service will deliver it, but when I called they refused.

Front desk staff is great. Friendly and personable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Century-Plaza-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Century Plaza Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for recognizing the Century-Plaza Hotel & Spa as a great location! I am happy to hear that you received 5-Star service from our staff who were able to make your stay with us that much more special. We look forward to your return and hopefully you will have the opportunity to experience our spa & comedy club!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Port Moody, BC
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We chose this hotel due to the fact we had children who could utlize the pool area, while the rest of the crew stayed across the street at the Wall Centre. I would highly suggest that at some point close the pool down for a week or so and give it a good scrub down. There are quite a few "I was here" fingernail etchings into the scum collecting on the surface tiles. Not too sure what the door man is for, he told us he couldnt touch or take our luggage for us. I found that odd. Also note there is no valet service and the parking lot is around back in a private multi level parkade. So since no one could take our luggage, we parked up top multiple levels and walked our luggage back down to the lobby to check in (25.00 per night after tax). That is not the hotels problem, since it is a 3rd party companies lot. The entrance to the parkade smells of urine, but I guess that is normal for a public parking lot in a big city. Note, if you are coming back late the doors get locked and you have to walk around the front entrance to get back into the hotel! The maid staff was super friendly and were helpful, those guys were running around all day working very hard. Older hotel, decent modernization, decent rooms, but I would most certainly spend the extra money per night and stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LC C
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

When you walk into a hotel, youre tired, you have a long trip and it would be great if the front desk could make u feel really welcome. And trust me, this is one of those places. From the bell man recognizing that i had been here before to the front desk staff making check in and easing into the hotel a smooth process, it really goes a LONG way to making a great first impression. You guys did a wonderful job at that and i cant thank you enough. Rooms are perfect - huge and exactly what i needed. Wifi is very fast and efficient and chck out wAs a breeze. Guys - all in all, you out did yourselves again and it was a great end to my one month journey. Wonderful - i will be back later this year.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Avidtravellerbkk
Century-Plaza-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Century Plaza Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for being a loyal guest of Century-Plaza Hotel & Spa. I am so excited to hear that you had another great experience with us! We appreciate your positive comments about the service provided by our front office staff and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again when you return later in the year!
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Suite was very large, perfect for a family of 4. A full kitchen, eating area, living room and balcony were nice additions. Pool was beautiful - no chemicals and we loved the salt water experience. Fantastic location right in the middle of downtown with all amenities being no more than a short walk. I just love staying here when I'm with the family, it's affordable, large, convenient and fun. Thanks so much we had a great stay!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel twice last century, yup over 10 years ago, i liked it then, its better now!
yes its been renovated a while back and with glass towers across the road, it does seem a bit tired but its roomy and comfortable, unobtrusive almost.
Other rooms in the city were a bit cheaper, but for a couple of dollars extra you get double the space and free wi fi, thats VALUE in my books.

How many times have i complained or asked for something (like extra coffee) and an hour and a half later to call again and remind them? Not here, i asked for some at the front desk and i had just entered my room when the nock on the door was room service with my request, this happened twice and for different reasons.
Checking in, the clerk said " oh you have had a long trip" and upgraded my room! I did not even tell him i had been travelling for 32 hours.

And the quirky option of opting out of having your room made up, but you get a $5 voucher to use in the coffee shop or restaurant..... I liked this option.

To the staff, thanks for making this a great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Antinmelb
Victoria, BC
Reviewed April 2, 2013

When I found a hotel in downton Vancouver (just across a Sheraton) for less than $100 a night I was concerned what I was getting. Reading the reviews, however, I found myself more confident and I decided to book the room for a short stay. It was a great decision. The hotel is strategically located. Everything in downtown Vancouver is within walking distance and transporation to other areas is also very reachable. For someone trying to run errands in and around downtown, it is the place to be. As other reviewers say, the rooms are a bit outdated, but nothing is missing. actually, the rooms are larger than your average shoesize box in other hotels in the area.
Staff is very helpful and always smiling. Parking is within the range for the area. No suprises there. Although there is osme construction work gong on around the buidling, the noise is surprisingly low and barely noticeable.
The only reason don't give the hotel 5 stars is because of the pool. See, my daughter is a competitive swimmer and she needs her daily dose of swimming. That was another reason we booked the hotel. She knows her pools. And her statement was "This pool has not been cleaned regurarly". She found several "objects" floating around and she pointed that to us. I guess it is acceptable for some but some others are a bit more picky about it. Nothing a small effort can't resolve.
Overall it was a great experience and I highky recommend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RanyDanny
Stony Plain, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We booked a 3 days stay through a Travelocity deal. Under $100 a night including free parking and free upgrade. (I think parking was $28 regular). Wow, were we impressed. We got a huge 1 bedroom suite with a balcony and corner view. Great for a family of 4. Looked over English Bay and Stanley park to the side. Very central for walking to everything. Convenient grocery very close by and small park and playground a block away. The front desk staff were excellent and the concierge was super friendly, giving directions and discount coupons to attractions. It is an older hotel, but very clean and our room had updated furnishings. Nice to have a complete kitchen. The pool is deep so if you have younger kids, bring along a floaty (over the head of my 6 year old), but it is very warm so our kids really enjoyed it. Location and room were so good that we changed our plans around and stayed another 3 days. Would definitely return. Be sure to visit the amazing oven fired pizza & pasta place, Pacifico, just a block away. We ate there and did take out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family