“Really loved staying here!”

Century Plaza Hotel & Spa
Ranked #46 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife had a doctors appointment and we needed to stay overnight in the downtown area. We had a travelzoo coupon for the Century Plaza, it was a great hotel. Our room was amazing it was a nice suite with everything we needed on the 29th floor having an awesome few of English bay and downtown Vancouver. The service from the employees were amazing all very friendly and helpful. The location is close to everything! So many great restaurants in the area. I would highly recommend staying, at the Century Plaza.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,863)

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Front desk very welcoming and helpful, also doormen. Room was spacious but lighting rather inadequate. Would like to see grab bars around bath tub, and suggest thoughts are given to providing higher toilets when any renovations take place, as am sure with an aging population there are more and more seniors visiting the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was in Vancouver for a conference and wanted a reasonable accommodation close to the menu.
Century Plaza fir the budget.
I booked a room with a kitchenette- so I had a microwave, Refrigerator and an electric kettle. This was useful as I was staying a week and I could use it to whip up a quick breakfast in the room itself. The room was spacious, and comfortable. For just one person it was indeed huge. The view was amazing as well. I could see the sunset from my window! Only thing that the hotel isn't really new, and the room appears to be a bit old.
The room service menu was limited, but the service was good and food was also okay.
The staff was very helpful as well.
I did go to the Spa for a massage and that experience was totally worth every penny and totally helped me relax after a long 12 hours flight!
Finally, there are many restaurants a short walk away as well as a mall and shopping.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My first ever visit to Vancouver and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Century Plaza again. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The room service lady on my floor (28) was so very polite and wasn't intrusive unlike room service at other hotels I've stayed at.

I suppose you can say cleanliness and comfort are the basics that any hotel should get right but where Century Plaza excelled for me was how welcome I was made to feel by staff there, some really went out of their way and exceeded my expectations, I've listed some examples below:

Randy: He used his personal Ticketmaster account to order Canucks tickets for me (my first hockey game I've seen) and even insisted I ring the hotel if I have any issues with getting in. We ordered the tickets as I was leaving to have a beer or 10, so he even put the tickets in my room for me rather than having me go back up to level 28, to come back down again to go out.

Abdoul: Extremely friendly and chatty guy! Was great having a chin wag with him and he was so helpful in ensuring I knew where I was going and what transport I should be taking.

Natasha: Well, what can I say about the beautiful Natasha? Such a great sense of humour and pointed me in the direction of some great restaurants and bars. Employee of the year for me!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mekerz86
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Staff was great. Really friendly. Rooms are really spacious and clean. Room service is fast and the food is good. Lots of parking. Very good location. Close to the mall. Would definitely go back. Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Cinziaxox
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from February 20-February 25, 2013, for business meetings. I got an incredible rate with my CAA membership (under $100 a night in a good neighbourhood in downtown Vancouver where rooms routinely go for over $200 a night). In fact, the price was so good for that part of town, I had to check TripAdvisor reviews before booking to make sure there wasn't something amiss.

The hotel is in a great location (across the street from a major Vancouver hotel at 1/2 the price), with many amenities within walking distance, including a 7-11 across the street and a pharmacy nearby, as well as restaurants and a grocery store a block and a half away. The grocery store was handy because the room was a suite with a tiny kitchen nook, including microwave, fridge, kettle, coffee pot, toaster. No plates or cutlery but a magnet on the fridge says to call a desk number if you have more needs.

The lobby is beautiful, check-in was fast and efficient, and I was given a coupon for $20 towards a meal in the restaurant or coffee shop (this possibly may have been because I was staying multiple nights). I'll be posting a separate review of the restaurant, "Beyond Restaurant + Lounge", but it was outstanding. (I later also took advantage of an offer [on a card in the room] to turn down housekeeping services for a day in exchange for a separate $5 coupon towards the same.)

Some reviewers have mentioned sirens at night, as the hotel is directly next to a hospital. I can't really comment on this; as a cochlear implant recipient, I am deaf while asleep. I did hear sirens, while staying there, during the day, yes. More often than not, a glance out the window showed it to be fire trucks. I would chalk it up to "city noises".

The staff at this hotel are incredibly helpful and professional. A small ancdote: having stayed during a weekend, I had resigned myself to no housekeeping service on Sunday because I wanted to sleep in and hung a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. (During the week I usually met the housekeeping staff in the hall while leaving at 7:30 am or so.) I got up late on Sunday, went downstairs at 11:00 to enjoy the brunch buffet, and when I returned at 12:00, the room was made up. Like housekeeping ninjas, somehow they knew I had left and tidied the room before I returned!

As an east coaster, this was my first visit to BC. But I can guarentee you that if I am able to return, on business or pleasure, I would stay at this hotel again.

Oh, yes - there is a spa on-site, and I got a $20 (I believe) coupon towards that, too; but this being a business trip, no time :( Probably lovely.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ronniecat
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great location at a great price...there must be a catch. We decided to take the risk and for the price and location it was decent. The room is dated and the bed is not very comfortable. Our main complaint is that the hotel is located right next door to an EMT dispatch centre. We were awoken at least 6 times throughout the night by ambulances leaving the EMT center. If it were not for this I would have been very pleased with our stay as it was really reasonable and it was a great location. We were able to walk to great shopping restaurants and to Stanley Park. If you requested a room towards the back of hotel you might get a better sleep!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple