“Excellent stay”

Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre
Ranked #41 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is our 4th stay at this holiday Inn they do not disappoint the room was awasome, very clean and we even had slippers!! The staff were very friendly and helpful as usual, we would stay at this Holiday Inn again the location is great walking distance to granville Island.

1  Thank Ron Lynn W
Danny H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Ron Lynn W,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre!

Thank you for once again choosing to stay with us. And I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I would like to thank you for your comments on our friendly and helpful staff.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed 2 nights pre Alaska cruise and 3 nights post Alaska cruise (Sep 2-4 and Sep 11-13)
A really friendly and helpful staff especially the breakfast buffet team !!
It was a great location for downtown and central for all main attractions.
We had a really lovely and relaxing time here.
I had previously read some poor reviews on this hotel so was initially worried before arriving but was pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators as there is some noise from the mechanism.
1  Thank Lindsay K

Dear Lindsay K,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre!

I am happy to hear you chose to stay with our hotel before and after your Alaska cruise. It is our goal to make your stay as relax and comfortable as possible.

I would also like to thank you for your comments on our friendly and helpful staff and our central location.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Never in a million years would I imagine a Holiday Inn would be this nice! Completely remodeled top to bottom. Front desk staff very helpful. We came as a family of four to tour the University of British Columbia and this was a great location..
This hotel is a great value, cost of hotels in Vancouver are very high and a place this nice, wow a great value.
For cruisers I noticed a sign for shuttles to the cruise port at a reasonable cost of $8.00 and Desk clerk said that was "per couple" while I questioned that she insisted yes it was per couple.

So in review, beautiful and completely remodeled, great front desk service, rooms very nice, comfy bed, breakfast buffet good and reasonably priced .

Only Negative - breakfast buffet included Cranberry Juice and Apple Juice and DID NOT INCLUDE orange juice, that was an extra charge! I have never had a breakfast buffet in any of my travels from Istanbul to Beijing that did include OJ...what's up, kinda cheap if you asked me! (Oh and the juice machine I think was a Sunkist machine???

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony, very nice to be able to open the door and get fresh air and hear the soun...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank nana541
Danny H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear nana541,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre!

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your comments on our newly renovated hotel and helpful staff.

I am sorry that we were not able to include Tropicana orange juice in the price of the breakfast buffet as per our corporate policy; however, we would certainly communicate your suggestion with the person in charge at the office. Your suggestion is important to us.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The staff where some of the best and friendliest I have come across at any hotel, anywhere. This hotel was not our 1st choice in Vancouver. Many of the hotels we tried were fully booked. Since we used to live in Vancouver, we knew where the hotel was located and therefore chose it. We were not disappointed. It is a short walk, car ride or taxi drive from many of the places we wanted to see again. The hotel has a 'user friendly' design. It is easy to get to things in the hotel ie parking, business centre etc. Previous reviews have commented on the restaurant. I went there twice for breakfast. It just was not busy. One night there was a special on roast beef. We looked in, but once again there was almost no one there. Seems to me the restaurant needs some promotion. ie free basic breakfast (toast & coffee) with other things being chargeable (bagels, smoked salmon, bacon, eggs etc.). For dinner, make an offer at check in time, since many people may not want to go out on the first night

Next time we are back, we will choose this hotel and use my priority club card

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Danny H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Tom V,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre! And thank you for being a royal IHG rewards club member.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments on our friendly staff and convenient location.

I would also like to thank you for your great suggestions on promoting our Stages Bistro & Lounge. I would certainly forward your suggestions to our restaurant manager. Your feedback is always important to us.

If there is anything we can assist you with in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Vancouver.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

What a surprise! Modern, clean & affordable in Vancouver. On a trip to visit UBC we stayed at the Holiday Inn, what a treat! The hotel has recently been redone. Beautiful lobby & great rooms. The bathroom is large and modern. Great balcony that looks up broadway with view of the bay.

Room Tip: Room 711- two queen beds, pull out couch & balcony. Huge room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nebemom

Dear nebemom,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre!

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would also like to thank you for your comments on our beautiful lobby and great rooms.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights recently. As others have pointed out the location is very good, a short walk away from the West Broadway/City Hall SkyTrain station and so very convenient for both the airport and downtown Vancouver. There's also a number of buses that run along W Broadway and Cambie that go downtown too.

Our room rate did not include breakfast and we felt that the restaurant attached to the hotel looked uninspiring and so had breakfast elsewhere each morning. This isn't a problem as there's a lot of places to eat in between the hotel and the SkyTrain station. There's a couple of supermarkets, including the excellent Whole Foods market (great breakfast muffins), close by on Cambie too.

Unfortunately we had one bad night with noise from screaming children in an adjacent room, the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and kindly moved us to another room and organised for all our luggage to be moved too. Rooms are a good size and beds very comfortable. All in all an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Danny H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear TimeZoneHopper,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre!

I am happy to hear you find our location very convenient. And I would like to thank you for your comments on the transportation near the hotel.

I am sorry to hear you find our hotel restaurant uninspiring as it is newly renovated and we offer standard Holiday Inn full breakfast buffet in the morning. Of course, you are still able to order from the menu.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any concern about our restaurant.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went to visit my daughter and needed a centrally located, on transportation, reasonable hotel with name recognition. This was it! Staff were great, especially when I kept having problems with my door key, they helped me out and even gave bonus points for my inconvenience. Great coffee shops and restaurants in the area, nice boutiques and the bus right in front!

Room Tip: stay away from the elevator and if you don't want metric, ask for a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hbednarsh
Danny H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear hbednarsh,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre!

Thank you very much for your comments on our central location and great staff. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in the future.