“Explore Vancouver from this excellent hotel”

Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre
Ranked #35 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Oxford
“Explore Vancouver from this excellent hotel”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here for six nights and found it really well placed to see round the city. Granville Island is an easy and pleasant walk and there are bus stops right outside; the skytrain is a few blocks away.
We were fortunate to be given a room at the top with a view of the bay and on two nights we had a great view of the firework competition in the nearby park. The food was great and pretty good value, the staff were all very helpful, friendly and had good suggestions for places to visit. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cptbeefheart
Danny H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear cptbeefheart,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre!

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned, we are conveniently located with SkyTrain station only two blocks away, and many bus lines a few steps away.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments on our friendly and helpful staff.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Germany
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel very much. The staff was very professional and pleasant. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The view was gorgeous. The pool was refreshing. Buffet breakfast was quite good.

Cons: Parking is $17 per day, the bathroom fixtures are somewhat dodgy and the elevator is somewhat slow. None of these are show stoppers.

While this hotel is not down town it is near the light rail and easy to get around. There are many restaurants nearby.

It's on the spendy side but I'd stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank annetho
Dear annetho,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre!

I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to thank you for commenting on our professional and pleasant staff.

In regards to parking charge, I am sorry you found it expensive. We rate is very competitive with other hotels in the area. The regular parking rate is $38 for every 24-hour period, which is charge by the parking meter. The hotel gives a discount for guests who are staying.

If there is anything else we can assist you with in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel has given us the best customer service anyone could hope for. The manager Andy was brilliant when we had an issue with one of our bags and went to great lengths to help us. He is no less than a hero! Also Liz in the bar was extremely helpful with tourist info and things to do in the city. In general the hotel is very comfortable, rooms fitted to a very high standard and the front desk staff are also very friendly. The food in the bar is lovely and there is a welcoming atmosphere here. Well done HIVC and thanks for everything :-)

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank clairebuck83
Dear clairebuck83,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre!

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear both Andy and Liz were able you assist you and solve your concerns. I would certainly share your comments with all staff.

It is our goal to provide each and every guest with the best service possible.

canada
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel is in close proximity to the sky train and some coffee places, and some restaurants. Check in was very quick. The hotel room itself was clean and nicely furnished with a recent upgrade. Unfortunately for me, I did not specify that I did not want to be close to the elevator or the ice machine, so there was noise from there. My daughter and her husband were also across from the ice machine and the elevator and had to contend with that more so. No complaints from my son and his wife who were away from the noises that we had to contend with. We were there on a group rate which was reasonable. If wifi is important to your you may not want to stay here - we found it extremely inaccessible no matter where we were in the building including the restaurant. Attempts to reset the wifi were not useful at all.

Also, our room card had to be reset a couple of times for some reason- I saw another visitor requesting to reset his card as well... Not sure what that was all about, but it was rather annoying since we were in a rush often with wedding related events ( at another venue).

Breakfast in the restaurant was average, but it was full of customers. The breakfast potatoes are deep fried rather than pan fried. I noticed there was a buffet.

Room service starts early so be sure to put out the do not disturb sign the night before if you want to sleep in.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room with stable wifi. Be prepared to pay 17. Per day for parking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank trek1canada
Dear trek1canada,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre!

I am sorry to hear your experience with the wifi signal and elevator noise. Our hotel has a minimum of 2 wireless routers on each floor in order to cover the entire hotel. We also have wired connection with cable supplied in all guest room for your convenience. Please do not hesitate to let me know which room you were in, we can certainly identify the cause of the weak connection issue.

As for the buffet breakfast, we do offer two potato dishes each day, one which is not deep fried as per Holiday Inn Standard.

If you would like to discuss any of the issues you have mentioned, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dhuang@hivancouver.com.

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. I look forward to hearing from you.

Prince George, BC
Reviewed August 3, 2013

As far as Vancouver hotels go, I find this one to be about average. The room I stayed in picked up a fair bit of hallway noise and voices from the adjacent room. That wasn't a problem but could have been if the neighbours had been noisy. The service was average except for the reception desk. When I first walked into the hotel both reception people were with customers (one in person and one on the phone). Neither acknowledged me. I waited for about 5 minutes and when they were finished with their customers they each chose to serve other people who arrived later than me and still did not acknowledge me. So while the rest of the hotel is average, their reception service gets a bad rating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear DeepFrozenCanuck,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre!

I am sorry to hear you were not acknowledged by the reception staff. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dhuang@hivancouver.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Clarence, New York, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a satisfactory stay. On the plus side, the location is excellent, only a couple of blocks from the Canada Line train station. The hotel is quiet, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff are polite and helpful. The room had a good-sized refrigerator and TV, but no microwave or safe.

The major negative was the slow, flaky Wi Fi service. Most often it was impossible to connect from our room. Most of our party trekked to the lobby, where the connectivity was better.

The restaurant looked OK, but with the profusion of outstanding ethnic restaurants nearby, we never got there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear KM2L,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre!

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would also like to thank you for your comments on our excellent location, clean and comfortable room, and polite and helpful staff.

I am sorry to hear you had trouble with the WiFi service in your room. We have a minimum of two WiFi routers per floor which covers the entire hotel. Please kindly let us know which one you were trying to connect and we can certainly identify the cause and rectify the problem.

We look forward seeing you again in the future.

Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Fantastic last day in Vancouver B.C.. Spent it close to the airport at this hotel.... never heard a single plane. Check-in was smooth. Four adults, wife-husband, two grown sons in a very clean reasonably spacious room. Asked for more towels, and unlike some other posts herein, I received them in five minutes. Had issues with four people trying to get online simultaneously, Ya know that internet connection is priority #1 at any check-in. They stayed close until the issue was completely resolved. Had a great last night dinner in the very busy restaurant downstairs (wing night, I had the "Death Wings", 10 of em'....... I challenge anyone to finish them!!). I'm a very frequent travler. I'm very hard on hotels. With this stay I experienced the same problems any traveler will at any hotel. The difference was they stayed close to me until all was OK...

I strongly recommend this hotel, especially if you want to be close to the Van airport...

V

Room Tip: Call immediately after booking online to confirm all. There's a high end car dealer next door, v...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Verroz,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Vancouver-Centre!

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with the Holiday Inn hotel by the airport.

If there is anything we can assist you with in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.