“a very fortunate change of mind”

Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre
Ranked #35 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Montreal, Canada
“a very fortunate change of mind”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

I was originally booked in the Park Inns and Suites which is close by. after the first day of staying there, I am determined to find an alternate hotel. the room is small, and had no refrigerator, not much in the room to use when you are planning for a long stay, although the room had a view of downtown Vancouver. They had wireless but is not secure. the business center is a corner table in the lobby. after breakfast, i took a walk and came across Holiday Inn. I walked up to the front desk and asked for the rate, the rate was cheaper than what had been advertised in all the cheap hotel internet deals. The room is spaceous, the breakfast is complimentary since the hotel is being renovated. The staff are trying to accomodate us as much as they can, very friendly, very accomodating. they truly made my visit to my mom's senior home a more pleasant one and easier than I thought this would be. thank you.

Room Tip: no comments, the rooms and hall ways are super quiet and clean.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth K
Danny H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the review. We are currently working on the fridge issue as only the rooms on the top two floors have fridges, regardless of room type. We will also put fridges in the lower corner rooms with balcony (upgrade rooms).

Thank you.

Danny
GSM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

Had a great stay (2 weeks!) in a renovated room on the 15th floor in November. Great location for travelling throughout the Vancouver area on business without having to worry too much about downtown traffic. I've stayed here before the renovations and they are definitely a lovely improvement!

Staff were super friendly and as others have mentioned, the hotel is undergoing renovations throughout and are totally up front about it. I never had an issue with noise as I was out of the hotel for most of the day while it was noisy.

My one issue is that I was to be upgraded to a deluxe king room or whatever (w/ platnium IHG) but the king rooms don't have refrigerators and I was hoping to have one considering I was there for two weeks. There was going to be an additional charge (I think $10/day?) to have a fridge put in but the rooms with queen sized beds HAD refrigerators so I declined the upgrade and stuck with the room that had a fridge in it already.
If I were the hotel, I would have considered putting fridges in all the rooms!

Parking was easy and never full, just registered with the front desk.

Great stay and I would stay here again in the future!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Bella Coola Valley BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

This property is within short walks of Vancouver General Hospital, BC Cancer Agency and other clinics. While it is presently undergoing major renovations, they were up front about it both on reservation and registration. Noise was not intrusive and the newly completed areas are very nicely finished and furnished. Handy to a range of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DuncMorgan
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed here for a week of business travel as it is close to the office. I was nervous about the bad reviews regarding construction and renovations. I had no problem...I was in a renovated room, and it was big, clean and had a nice view of False Creek. The hotel was what I would expect for this type of travel and was good value for the money.

The only downfall was since it isn't downtown dining options past 9:30-10 pm were slim. And that includes room service.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank HappyTrails1108
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

I've been using this hotel a couple of times during the past 2 years.
Always friendly service and good value for money.
Easy access to Skytrain and lots of good restaurants nearby.
A lot of improvements are being done to the hotel recently, which was needed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank sgellert
Cowbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is a little tired looking and when we stayed the pool was undergoing refurbishment so was unusable. Price was a little expensive for the overall quality. Good location for a short walk to Granville Island. Easy to get taxis. Reasonable restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Good views from higher floors.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank JonesRon
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed here for two nights as part of a business trip. The hotel was conveniently located about a 10 minute walk from the office and that was the deciding factor. The room was on the 11th floor and I was initially concerned because it was right next to the elevator, but other than the occasional dinging from the elevator I never noticed any noise.

I didn't have to deal with the staff at all but they were pleasant during check-in and check-out.

The bed was very comfortable and the room I was in appeared to be newly updated with a nice bathroom and newer furnishings including a flat screened TV.

I didn't spend a lot of time in the room, was there basically to sleep - felt very safe wandering around in the evening, even taking a walk down to the waterfront didn't cause me any concern. As others have mentioned, there are all sorts of eateries within a few minutes and most other stores as well.

I didn't experience construction noise issues, but I was generally out the door by 7:00 a.m. It might have been nice to have a gym, but I got my exercise by walking around the surrounding neighbourhoods.

I'll stay there again without any hesitation. It may not be for tourists but for anyone that has to be in the area, it certainly seemed fine to me.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business